Daisuke Takahashi | Page 167 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Danibellerika

Medalist
Happy Birthday to the MAN! And I feel like a total idiot because I meant to post my pic with him in PyeongChang here, but better late than never I guess!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfFpFgFFq0B/?hl=en

*siiiigh* I behaved myself (I'm older than he is so I can keep it in check), but on the inside I was like :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

The only downside to being in PyeongChang was that I missed all the media he was doing.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
*siiiigh* I behaved myself (I'm older than he is so I can keep it in check), but on the inside I was like :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I know the feeling! :dbana: :laugh: Thx for sharing! :agree: Oh, and I was wondering, because we talked about it before here in the FF: Did you get to tell him all the stuff you wanted to say? (During my first encounters I found myself way too tongue-tied in his presence to do much more than to smile stupidly. :palmf: Thankfully it went a little better last time!)

Danibellerika

Medalist
I know the feeling! :dbana: :laugh: Thx for sharing! :agree: Oh, and I was wondering, because we talked about it before here in the FF: Did you get to tell him all the stuff you wanted to say? (During my first encounters I found myself way too tongue-tied in his presence to do much more than to smile stupidly. :palmf: Thankfully it went a little better last time!)

I told him that he is one of my all time favorites and I love his skating and then I asked if I could get a picture with him. He was very personable and said thank you and he said sure when I asked for a picture. I didn't want to keep him too long since I know it was a busy day and other fans were around and wanted to talk to him/get pics. He was very kind to take time for the fans. I was able to have a longer conversation with Takeshi Honda in Helsinki but he wasn't getting swarmed by fans. It's just funny because before the games at first I sort of wished that I could extend my brief stay in Japan instead of going to the team free, especially after I realized neither Yuzu nor Shoma nor Satoko were going to be skating (I got my ticket for it forever ago), but since I got to meet Dai that day it was totally worth it, along with seeing Mirai for the first time, and she skated pretty solidly and made history. So really each skating event ended up being well worth it for me.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Happy birthday Daisuke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hb: x 32
How on earth I can forget this very special day! ;):biggrin:

ETA Very happy to see you here, synesthesia! :) except when I see comments like synesthesia's or Danibellerika's that they've met Dai in person, which makes me feel a little jealous, 'I've known him much longer them! :angry2: ' muttering to myself, though. ;):laugh:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
For Daichan's bday i did a list of my favourite programs from him and then i rewatched all of his programs and then i rewatched so many old interviews (thanks to that izayukamD channel that subtitled them bless that person), i just fell deep down into the memory hole and i have to say I was surprised with his program to "turn off the light" that he did at Art on ice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaczKbXEdCk
I don't know, i didn't really pay much attention to it at the time because the song is terrible and it sounds terrible live (sorry Nelly Furtado, let's say it's the recording...) but the way Daisuke skated to it wow. Especially the slow part in the middle he really dances it doesn't even look that choreographed. I don't know i felt it looked so genuine and so himself. I guess it reminded me that skating doesn't have to be so stiff and that skaters actually can express things with their bodies lol.

That group dance to maneater though i cringe everytime.

deedee1

Record Breaker
For Daichan's bday i did a list of my favourite programs from him and then i rewatched all of his programs and then i rewatched so many old interviews (thanks to that izayukamD channel that subtitled them bless that person), i just fell deep down into the memory hole and i have to say I was surprised with his program to "turn off the light" that he did at Art on ice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaczKbXEdCk
I don't know, i didn't really pay much attention to it at the time because the song is terrible and it sounds terrible live (sorry Nelly Furtado, let's say it's the recording...) but the way Daisuke skated to it wow. Especially the slow part in the middle he really dances it doesn't even look that choreographed. I don't know i felt it looked so genuine and so himself. I guess it reminded me that skating doesn't have to be so stiff and that skaters actually can express things with their bodies lol.

That group dance to maneater though i cringe everytime.

I agree. I remember I said in this thread back then that I loved how freely he skated to the music, I was so glad how freely he did his spins speeding up or down just as the music demands him to without worrying levels of it anymore. :)

Here's one more that I'd recommend you to watch if not yet, daphenaxa: Roxanne at Bercy, France in 2007 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nivS46HvzQ0
Dai himself admitted in the past that he loves skating in shows abroad because he feels less hesitant/shy, thus can skate more freely, more powerful and be more of himself, as a result sexier. ;)

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I agree. I remember I said in this thread back then that I loved how freely he skated to the music, I was so glad how freely he did his spins speeding up or down just as the music demands him to without worrying levels of it anymore. :)

Here's one more that I'd recommend you to watch if not yet, daphenaxa: Roxanne at Bercy, France in 2007 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nivS46HvzQ0
Dai himself admitted in the past that he loves skating in shows abroad because he feels less hesitant/shy, thus can skate more freely, more powerful and be more of himself, as a result sexier. ;)

SUGOI!!!!!! Very interesting about him saying he feels more free abroad. I completely understand, i think the social pressure is less or at least different so you can behave a bit truer to yourself.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
https://mobile.twitter.com/DTRoadtoSochi/status/979746581862928384

Does this mean Dai is not doing TV work anymore? :sad21: :sad21: :sad21: :sad21: :sad21: :sad21:

idk about tv in general but he won't be part of the show spotlight anymore (the one where he reported on stuffs like the American inauguration or where he went in the fighter jet). If it doesn't make him happy, i'm all for him to stop (and skate more daisuke???!!!:pray:) but i thought he was very good in those so i hope he doesn't think he is not suited for tv.

Pchykeen

Rinkside
Back in Japan for a wedding and took the opportunity to finally pick up some Dai DVDs and his book 2000 Days. How cool it is that there's so much stuff available for skating fans in this country. I won't be able to see his shows this year but these should keep me occupied [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

There is still nobody like him.

Pchykeen

Rinkside
Thanks for sharing that, Latremu! I just love this program so much, it's possible I may still not be watching men's skating if it weren't for this Swan Lake. It made ladies look really boring!

I think my favorite rendition of this program is from the 2008 4CC, but I recently saw a version that he skated at a charity event in his hometown with no fancy lighting. It was a very humble venue -- may have even been the rink where he first learned how to skate. Anyway, the best thing about this performance was that he had a big smile on his face from start to finish, very different from the super-intense face of badassery that he wore to this program in competition. Makes you feel really happy!

mikeko666

Final Flight

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker