Daisuke Takahashi | Page 169 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

saphire

On the Ice
I wonder how many will be willing to sign up for Japan Open when same date as Kinki Regional. I will try not get my expectations too high but I would love if Dai could compete in Worlds, esp since it is in Japan and would bring some closure that he didn't get when he retired

Imov

Medalist
I am a newbie in FS fandom but I have seen videos of him and how current skaters look up to him.
Personally I am happy that he took courage to challenge himself again.
He can get the closure he needs and well what can I say, nothing can keep a good man down.
It could take some time but one way or the other they are gonna get back up.
Proud of Daisuke Takahashi. Things are looking great this season.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I'm late to post here due to spending the last couple of days in a state of deep shock I still haven't fully recovered from and trying to catch up with the flood of news reports and comments. (I might have also cried "a little".) Don't have much to add that hasn't already been said about these joyous news so let me just express my emotions this way:

:eeking::yahoo::hap57::dance::dbana::party::hap93::party2::luv17:

Welcome back Dai-chaaan! You were missed dearly and it's the best present ever (birthday, Christmas and basically each and every official holiday rolled into one) to have you back on competitive ice! (Just please be careful with your knee. :pray:)

The music has been identified. "Pale Green Ghosts" by John Grant. It has not been officially announced but this was the music playing during Dai's sessions with Benoit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux1fglC0aT0&feature=youtu.be

I am SO in love with the song. What a perfect choice for Dai. Can't wait to see his new programs! This is absolutely surreal!

Imov

Medalist

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Such a shame he didn't do this as a year earlier. He could have easily become the third man on the Olympic team.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Such a shame he didn't do this as a year earlier. He could have easily become the third man on the Olympic team.

It's just something he decided this year. And I don't think he really would've wanted to go to Pyeongchang and take away the opportunity from Keiji or other young skaters. I think he probably has a slight hope for Worlds, and that they are in Japan this season is definitely on his radar, but I also believe that it won't kill him if he doesn't get to go. The plan is only one season so far. I will just try to enjoy the competitions he might be in, and hope he'll secure the NHK spot.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I'm late to post here due to spending the last couple of days in a state of deep shock I still haven't fully recovered from and trying to catch up with the flood of news reports and comments. (I might have also cried "a little".) Don't have much to add that hasn't already been said about these joyous news so let me just express my emotions this way:

:eeking::yahoo::hap57::dance::dbana::party::hap93::party2::luv17:

Welcome back Dai-chaaan! You were missed dearly and it's the best present ever (birthday, Christmas and basically each and every official holiday rolled into one) to have you back on competitive ice! (Just please be careful with your knee. )

So glad to see you here. You've been missed. And millions of hugs to you, synesthesia. :ghug:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
So glad to see you here. You've been missed. And millions of hugs to you, synesthesia. :ghug:

You're always such a sweetheart, deedee! ❤ Let me cyber-hug you tightly right back! :ghug: You know I regretted not having followed Dai's first competitive career together with fellow fans, because I only found the online fs community towards the end of his career and then was too shy to join any discussions until way after his retirement. It's so beautiful that now veteran fans like you, demarinis, MaiKatze and everyone else, who has been active in here for years get to cheer for him together with new fans, who are just discovering him. (A warm welcome to the new faces in Dai's FF! :))

I'm still relatively short on time I can spend online, but no matter what this time I will make sure not to "suffer" (preferably cry out of joy!) on my own and am looking forward to freaking out over him with all of you together! :cheer2: :handw:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think I will be much calmer this time around. I couldn't really 'enjoy' his last competitive seasons that much, it was too much stress. Of course, I want him to do well, but just the fact that he's going to be there, competing, is enough to satisfy me. It's not going to be a heartbreak, more like a healing, I'm sure.