Daisuke Takahashi | Page 176 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

mikeko666

Final Flight
Those PCS are jokes but that' not anything new in this sport. Wishing every skater in the regionals good luck in the free.

Yeah, 7s in SS! But I expected JSF to be very conservative, especially on Dai. They are the only organization who remained silent about his come back.

Dai himself said he was very nervous, too nervous to enjoy the competition, and actually even expected a lower score. He can assess his skating objectively, which is good. :)

Someone tweeted that he was a bit slow for his standard, which may explain the UR. I hope he can be more relaxed and enjoy the competition tomorrow.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It's so great to see him skate :love: The costume looks better in motion. --or I'd forgive Takahashi any costume, since he's decided he's competing again.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I cannot really judge the judging until I see the program in full, but look at this crowd! And they all brought their pink Dai towel, yes! :cheer:

sayaka1030

On the Ice
Considering Kazuki Tomono came in third, I don’t think Dai was underscored, the scores were low overall.
Kazuki Tomono was in Lombardia and is in this competition and apparently he fell on his 3F combo again.

I am horrible with math so can someone compare Kazukis performance and score with that of Lombardia? Would thatbe a reference?

http://www.fisg.it/upload/result/4802/CSITA2018_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

Lombardia protocol

https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2018-2019/fs_j/block5/data0103.pdf

Kinki Regionals protocol (Kazuki is no. 3, Dai is no. 1)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Proud of Dai's debut after a 4 year break! I agree with MK's above post. I cannot really comment on his PC's since
I have not seen the entire program but 7's do seem low.

Thanks for all the updates. GO DAI!!!!!!!:cheer:

Danibellerika

Medalist
Congrats to Dai!! Really enjoyed seeing him out there again. This was a good SP debut and I'm looking forward to it evolving as he builds even more confidence.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good job Uncle Dai! That takes guts to come back after 4 years. The size of the audience is pretty amazing. I would venture to say that is not "normal"? :luv17:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It isn't new though, that the PCS is tied to the technical content, without a Quad it is hard to reach those higher scores. It might look low now as a score, but I think it isn't that bad a score. If he immediately got a score with 45 PCS, could you imagine the outrage? That said, 7 is too low for such a skate for a skater of Daisuke's calibre, but and that's really not new....Daisuke was criminally underscored in PCS all his career. Should this stop because he's coming back? In a perfect World, yes, but that it didn't, doesn't suprise me.
I really enjoyed this program and hope he can evolve it more and more, and that we perhaps will be able to see him at a big competition at the end of the season. Look at that step sequence, how his body moves, all that dance training is visible!! For now I look forward to the Free! :clap:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
It isn't new though, that the PCS is tied to the technical content, without a Quad it is hard to reach those higher scores. It might look low now as a score, but I think it isn't that bad a score. If he immediately got a score with 45 PCS, could you imagine the outrage? That said, 7 is too low for such a skate for a skater of Daisuke's calibre, but and that's really not new....Daisuke was criminally underscored in PCS all his career. Should this stop because he's coming back? In a perfect World, yes, but that it didn't, doesn't suprise me.
I really enjoyed this program and hope he can evolve it more and more, and that we perhaps will be able to see him at a big competition at the end of the season. Look at that step sequence, how his body moves, all that dance training is visible!! For now I look forward to the Free! :clap:

Amen! I totally agree with your whole post!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Amen! I totally agree with your whole post!

:ghug: You know, demarinis, I'm basically sooo happy to see Daisuke skating at competitions again, that I can't really bring myself to care too much about scores, placements, comparisons and being angry at the judges and all that entails..... I'm just content watching him skate. Of course, I would like him to win and perhaps go to the international competitions later on, so that the chance is there that I could see him, but I think generally I do not expect him to churn out amazing scores and win a lot, or remain for very long. It's great that we've been given this, and I will enjoy it however short or long it lasts and I will not let too much negativity in. I don't think that's why he came back, either.

sayaka1030

On the Ice
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6uzzxa
Oh great someone did post a good video..

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6v08k9

Here is the tonight’s documentary on Dai (the full SP starts around 9:00) including his journey leading to his comeback, and the interview afterwards.

Yes there are still uncertainties with the new rules and it might get better or worse with the LP.
But Dai did win over other skaters who had quads.

I agree as a Daisuke fan I am too happy to see him skate again to care about the scores, especially this time it is his first. Zig he stays injure free the scores will come.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Complete video. Love it! Yeah 7's to low for this performance. Of course he needs
to work on his spins and improve his goe on his jumps but overall excellent debut!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP1KEbNDQqk&feature=youtu.be

I've watched so many clips that it's hard to keep track.....but this one seems to have better quality, just in case: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6uzzxa

It's understandable why some of the other clips tried to cut out the 3 stern looking faces in the upper left corner, lol