Page 18 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thank so much deedee1

Thank you for the translation deedee1. I am so glad that you joined this forum, you are a breath of fresh air!

Custom Title
    Thanks, Deedee! What a wonderful treasurehouse of information this article is.

The Warsaw Concerto, eh? A perfect piece for him. I wonder how he came across it. It's a wonderfully tempestuous, romantic piece--it was actually created for a movie. It's hardly played nowadays, but they used to broadcast a recording of it on the radio. Is it more popular in Japan, I wonder. I just looked it up, and the producers of the movie apparently wanted a symphonic piano work that was in the tradition of Rachmaninoff. I think the composer, Richard Addinsell, was British.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg0QEpXYmUw

See, this shows that you can find pieces to skate to that are full-blooded and accessible but don't have audience members saying, "Oh, that again."
    Last edited by Olympia; 05-25-2012 at 07:35 AM.

There is an article up on IN about Pasquale Carmerlengo. In Paragraph 6 of the article IN says that Dai is working with Lori on his 2012-2013 programs. No other info and no direct quotes.
    I am not sure if Pasquale said this because he was not quoted.
    Last edited by demarinis5; 05-26-2012 at 06:40 AM.

take off the oven mitts
    first of all, thank you deedee for yet more wonderful translations

about daisuke and lori... if it's indeed true...

a lot of people are already rolling their eyes, but i think lori is plenty capable of turning out great work--witness her programs for carolina. and she knows the world is expecting something amazing for daisuke, so i doubt she'll view this as another day at the office. maybe she'll feel as TAT did when TAT worked with MK--because like the TAT & MK collaboration, this coming together took a bit of serendipity; i certainly didn't see it coming.

i don't follow daisuke as closely as the true fans on this thread do, but from what i recall from generous translators, he'd said something like, he knows the road ahead is going to be tough and he might not achieve the heights he'd reached in the past, but he still wants to skate, to meet the challenges as best he can and explore more within skating (ok, i'm probably way off by now... but i remember being very touched by his words--his humility and respect for his skating contemporaries... )

was it the season before last, he had lambiel choreograph a program, though he competed mostly with a different long program? so there's still hope for anyone disappointed to hear he's working with lori-- maybe he's creating yet another short or long with someone else! :D i want to see dai skate to as many interesting pieces of music as possible, so as long as he's not so busy that he's not maintaining his health, i'd be happy to see him have additional programs in his repertoire as well. ^^

anyway, as someone who is still branching out and learning, why shouldn't he work with nichol and see what she has to show him? maybe the process of creating a program with her, collaborating with her is valuable in and of itself, even if the program they create together isn't going to blow some people's minds the way blues for klook did. maybe he'll refresh her inspiration and she'll have another period like when MK and sale & pelletier especially inspired her.

for me, the *music* for blues for klook is... not a favorite, so i'm not at all sorry to see what another choreographer will come up with for dai. and camerlengo may still be choreographing one competitive or exhibition program for dai, so... there might yet be something for everybody. ^_^
    Last edited by skfan; 05-25-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    There is an article up on IN about Pasquale Carmerlengo. In Paragraph 6 of the article IN says that Dai is working with Lori on his 2012-1013 programs. No other info and no direct quotes.
    I am not sure if Pasquale said this because he was not quoted.
    !!!!!!
    ...and programS???? Let me go and read it first!!! --------->IN

(Waking up very late Saturday morning again, but this time, a pig IS flying over MY head...)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    In Paragraph 6 of the article IN says that Dai is working with Lori on his 2012-2013 programs.

I am speechless.

I don't remember any FS news ever that made let`s talk speechless.

Custom Title
    I have assumed their collaboration for a while and forgot it wasn't official. This is their first opportunity to work with each other and I am sure they will enjoy exploring and exploiting each other's talents. Can't wait to see the product(s).

Banned
    A few days ago Kenji wrote in his blog that they created a new EX for Shanghai shows- Tango by Quint Elle. The link (courtesy by Dai fan forum):
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDAyODg3OTg0.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post

"He must be one of your boys, right?" Someone asked. She replied back, "No, he isn't." That was young Daisuke. He came to Sendai all by himself from Okayama, his native city, for choreography of his new free program. The music piece was Warsaw Concerto. 'Such a difficult piece of classical music to interpret and skate to for an thirteen year old boy...' Nagamitsu thought to herself. His choreographer, however, left the rink for Tokyo for some urgent business to attend, and she pinch-hitted to do the rest of his choreo. When she started working with him, the young boy surprised her. "He moved around softly and so delicately skating to this piece, as if every note of the music was coming from the inside of his body..."

------------------------
    (cont'd)
    Thank you so much for this translation Deedee... i'd love to see the 13 year old Daisuke performing to Warsaw Concerto. I wish there's a youtube clip of this somewhere. I wonder how he compares with the young Hanyu.

You know I have always felt there's nothing like an born gifted musical skater that command the ice like they are born to skate. Daisuke absolutely gets the music and always such a generous performer sharing his thoughts on the music which his audiences. Daisuke's ability to effortlessly reach this transcendental state is something super rare and makes him a joy and excitement to watch.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    I'm late to the party, but a huge thank you deedee1 from me too! It's always great to read your translations, so really really thank you =)

For the news of Dai working with Nichol next season... I'm semi-excited about it. It will probably give him huge PCS. It might too give him programms I don't really find enjoyable. Nichol is capable of creating absolute beauty, no doubt, but she can create pretty big messes too. I guess I'll just don't think too much about it and just wait what will come out of it. This is Dai, he'll be able to skate to and sell everything any choreographer gives him

Custom Title
    Here is sending back my big 'thank-you!' to everyone for your kind words![
    I am so glad to join thsi forum, too, and to have opportunities to introduce some news/information on our skaters that is only or seemingly available in Japanese language to you.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I am speechless.

I don't remember any FS news ever that made let's talk speechless.
    I was like the whole Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    about daisuke and lori... if it's indeed true...

a lot of people are already rolling their eyes, but i think lori is plenty capable of turning out great work--witness her programs for carolina. and she knows the world is expecting something amazing for daisuke, so i doubt she'll view this as another day at the office.
    i want to see dai skate to as many interesting pieces of music as possible, so as long as he's not so busy that he's not maintaining his health, i'd be happy to see him have additional programs in his repertoire as well. ^^

anyway, as someone who is still branching out and learning, why shouldn't he work with nichol and see what she has to show him? maybe the process of creating a program with her, collaborating with her is valuable in and of itself, even if the program they create together isn't going to blow some people's minds the way blues for klook did. maybe he'll refresh her inspiration and she'll have another period like when MK and sale & pelletier especially inspired her.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I have assumed their collaboration for a while and forgot it wasn't official. This is their first opportunity to work with each other and I am sure they will enjoy exploring and exploiting each other's talents. Can't wait to see the product(s).
    to both!
    But SkateFiguring, you could have at least PMed me if you already knew that. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    i'd love to see the 13 year old Daisuke performing to Warsaw Concerto. I wish there's a youtube clip of this somewhere. I wonder how he compares with the young Hanyu.
    I haven't seen any, either. Afraid no vid clip unfortunately...

I have been having a small wish in my heart. Daisuke at least finishes 5th at Sochi, so that he gets to skate in the Gala, but with telling nobody (including Utako sensei) which music he will skate to. Then starts his skating to Warsaw Concerto which contains some of original choreos done by Utako sensei, to surprise everyone. (Hey! Kenji, I need you to help Dai to prepare for that secretly without getting caught by Utako sensei's attention!)

btw, I won't complain his pacement be higher than 5th place or if it's OGM of course.
    Last edited by deedee1; 05-27-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    For the news of Dai working with Nichol next season... I'm semi-excited about it. It will probably give him huge PCS. It might too give him programms I don't really find enjoyable. Nichol is capable of creating absolute beauty, no doubt, but she can create pretty big messes too. I guess I'll just don't think too much about it and just wait what will come out of it. This is Dai, he'll be able to skate to and sell everything any choreographer gives him
    I thank you a lot for your kind words, too, Li'Kitsu!

I think your thought pretty much summs up general feelings of 'Dai'-hard fans and his 'aunties' here on this.
    Especially this part:
    "This is Dai, he'll be able to skate to and sell everything any choreographer gives him"

Looking far back upon the days young Dai appeared smaller, more fragile and less confident, some older fans of Dai also say: "Wow, the way this news broke out (thru tipping off by some anonymous ), proves what a bigwig our boy has become of himself!"

Custom Title
    Life is short. Let's move forward!

---------------------------------------
    RE: About Mrs. Utako Nagamitsu, a figure skating coach
    Sources: Nikkei shimbun
    Dates: May 24-26, 2010
    Writer: Masako Hara
    Remarks:
    English words/expressions may be added/replaced in order to make more sense and/or for easier reading in English. Please allow me as usual for grammatical mistakes if any.

<3>
    The boy had only two triples which were toe loop and Salchow. To her surprise, however, he showed a sense of artistry that she had never seen from any boys at his age. Nagamitsu herself much enjoyed, too, for doing his choreo, so that it ended up to be one very elaborate and interesting program. To her surprise again, less than a week, he not only memorized each movements and every choreos, but also did skate it till the end with great sensitivity and intricacy. "Without doubt, this boy soon gets out of this place and will compete on the international top stage." Nagamitsu believed so watching him skate. This was how the long journey of Nagamitsu and Takahashi got started.

"Nobody but men must dance!", is one of her strong beliefs. "Do you get to see bellet? If so, you can see male dancers do have physical strength and more stamina quite naturally, right? That means they have more room for performing and for better articulate/delicate presentation skill." Top male skaters have more or less the same technical contents including hardest jumps. It does not differ much in order to determine a winner. Then what does at the end of the day? The deciding factor should be 'the ability to perform'. That has been her strong conviction from a long time ago.
    "What's on your mind to let boy skaters dance in a showy way to attract audience attention???" Teased about her preference by her colleague male coaches, she never changed her conviciton and carried it through over the years.
    When Takahashi returned to competitive skating after injury on the knee and its surgery, his TES remained 'unstable' for a while. But what saved him at Vancouver was his ability to dance; which reflected in his very high PCS.

In Nagamitsu's plan for the Olympics, she wanted a foreign coach who has high profile, is influetial to and favored by judges, to sit by Takahashi's side in the Kiss & Cry waiting for its score to come up at Vancouver. He stubbornly rejected her idea. When they had to part ways with Nikolai Morozov, she advised him to go to Brian Orser, YuNa Kim's coach back then. His answer, 'No'. She suggested at least Pasquale Camerlengo his choreographer to sit with her and Takahashi in the K&C in Vancouver. Again, 'No'.

"I wanted nobody but coach Nagamitsu by my side in the K&C. I simply followed my instinct. Through all my days with her (fighting against my injury and my opponents), as my placement at the Olympics proves itself, I once again realized how great a coach she is for me."
    Looking at him now, she says with a laugh, "Dai is still a mere boy to me, I thought, but he often surprises me with his maturity these days!"

Tuning in very well to each other, Nagamitsu and Takahashi brought the very first Olympic medal of men's figure skating to Japan.
    -----------------------------------
    (cont'd)
    Last edited by deedee1; 05-28-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Custom Title
    What a wonderful relationship Daisuke and Mrs. Nagamitsu have! Each brings out the best in the other. He is the ideal skater to prove her ideas about dancing on the ice, while she is obviously the ideal coach to bring out his unique and extraordinary talent. And they both trust each other so much. She never gave up on him while he recovered from his injury, and he refused to stand under the international spotlight without her. In a way she is his first and finest "auntie."

Thanks for this installment of Daisuke's life story!

Page 18 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 118 ... LastLast