Daisuke Takahashi | Page 182 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
The Fuji TV commentator said Dai was taking painkiller for his knee during the Kinki Regionals, but didn't have to during this Western Sectional because his knee feels better now.

That's wonderful news! Fingers crossed his condition will get even better until Nationals! :pray: To me it looked like the botched jump landings came down to nerves more than anything. Otherwise he looked like he was in pretty good shape. According to reports and judging from the 6 min warm-up today he's been easily landing a couple of 3As and other triples in practice.

4F? Who knows? Maybe he couldn't get the 4S around, so he's practicing the 4F again? :drama:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
:yahoo::luv17::dance::hap57::bow:

CONGRATULATIONS DAI, WELL DONE!!!!!!

@deedee and @synes our Man did not disappoint!

Thanks everyone for all of the updates:ghug:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
:yahoo::luv17::dance::hap57::bow:

CONGRATULATIONS DAI, WELL DONE!!!!!!

@deedee and @synes our Man did not disappoint!

Thanks everyone for all of the updates:ghug:

You're right, he most certainly did not disappoint! And I'm grateful to have you girls around to celebrate with! :ghug::ghug:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Theoretically salcow is easier than flip, but flip has always been his most favorite jump. He had tried 4F multiple times in competitions, but not 4S as far as I remember.

A video of his FS is up.
https://youtu.be/FM5drd24fJA

Yes, the flip is his favourite and besides the 3A his best jump, me thinks. :) After his first attempt at Worlds 2010 he tried the 4F a couple of times during the two following seasons, but only landed it cleanly once - during NHK 2011 practice. Not sure if he ever practiced the 4S before. :think: He definitely didn't attempt it in competition.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
OK just watched his FS and I am dead! :love: It really is happening, fingers crossed he stays healthy.
Welcome back again Dai-chan!

Danibellerika

Medalist
Congrats to Dai!! :hap10::hap10::hap10::hap10:Much improved from the last comp. Personally I hope he changes his mind and tries an international competition. He doesn't owe anybody anything after all he's given this sport.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Haha, so nice of you deedee that you think of me.

Dai is sooo amazing. I'm so happy! Nationals here we go!!! PARTY GIRLS & GUYSSS!! The Dai FanFest is alive and kicking!
:hap10::hap10::hb::party2::cheer:

Seruleane

Final Flight
Just watched his FS, and so happy to see him skating well and looking so happy afterwards. I love how many people went to see him and support him. I could watch him just skate around the rink all day doing crossovers and step sequences and be thrilled. Hope he stays healthy and doesn't exacerbate any injuries.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It's been such a busy weekend. I was watching Artistic Gymnastic Worlds, GP Helsinki, and updating my twitter like crazy to get the latest results from Dai and Kazuki. :laugh:
Thanks to the dedicated fans who keep us updated.
Dai is living his best life! The skating gets better and better, and so do the programs. At this rate I really think he might make (deep breath) Nationals podium! :drama:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Has this been posted already? Daisuke will show up at NHK Trophy on Sunday for its 40th anniversary special event 'The Legends on Ice' as one of the legends. Others are Midori, Shizuka, Takeshi, Yuko Kawaguchi, Akiko and Nobu. They each will skate one from their own old programs. The opening program and finale are choreo'd by Nanami Abe (Yuzu's former coach) prepared just for this event.

More details are here though in Japanese: https://www.nhk.or.jp/figure40/legend/ Says it will start 1:30pm Sunday, thus between Free Dance and EX. :)