Daisuke Takahashi | Page 198 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Next year he is going to do pairs right? Will they be going for the Grandprix?

He will switch to ice dance next month. Kana and him haven't revealed any concrete plans yet. They will probably figure that out as they go along.

Cross-posting this from Kazuki Tomono's Fan Fest: Kazuki and Shoma watched Daisuke's practice today from the stands. They are both huge fans!
https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/12/21/gazo/20191221s00079000212000p.html

Thank you, Kiara! I think the admiration is mutual. Daisuke speaks very highly of both Shoma and Kazuki too! :)

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
"The Phoenix" is Daisuke's message to his fans. He's about to "die" as a singles.skater, but he will be "reborn" as an ice dancer.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Beautifully said! :)

"The Phoenix" is such an entertaining, crowd-pleasing program and Dai gave it his all despite the odds.

I said this before and I'll say it again: he's got nothing left to prove, because he achieved everything there is to achieve. To have so many fans stick with him for so many years through ups and downs - some of them for 15 years even - speaks louder than anything else. Once again there were so many cheers and banners for him up to the very last row of the stands. He has the rare ability to enthrall people, so much so that his technical content and placement becomes secondary. People love him for his artistic spirit, his commitment to and never giving up on a performance and for being a humble sportsman.

Thank you for everything, Dai-chan and good luck for the free! No matter the outcome, we love you! ❤

Much as I love Yuzu and Shoma, Dai is KING... he has single-handedly moved the sport forward in a huge, remarkable way... Amazing man and athelete...:bow: :thank:

mikeko666

Final Flight
I am happy Dai is participating in this JNats.
It is always a pleasure to see him.
Next year he is going to do pairs right? Will they be going for the Grandprix?

He will switch to ice dance next month, team up with Kana Muramoto and train under Marina Zueva in Florida.

NHK Trophy will be the only GP event they can participate next season (as a host pick) because they are a new team. They might have a CS before that.

Nobody knows in which competition they will debut. My bet is on Lake Placid.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Let's reason this out - The Phoenix, while being a pure masterpiece, is such an insanely high-energy program it would be a serious challenge for an 18 year old to keep up the pace. And Dai, as he insists to put it "a ripe old man of 33yrs." - pulled it off with such charisma that rocked the whole world. Now that's extraordinary, something totally beyond scores, placements or medals. That's the proof of his greatness - the reaction of all the other skaters represented all of our sentiments!

deedee1

Record Breaker
I hope Dai's got a good rest, relaxed a bit, took enough care of his still injured right knee/ankle, and will be ready for tomorrow's Free skate.
I will prepare myself ready for tomorrow, too, as I don't want to miss anything, even a second of the whole 4min very last dance of our Daisuke on ice.

Let's get united, all Dai-hard friends here, and wish our Man good luck. :ghug::ghug::ghug:

Get our eyes wide open and be ready, shall we! :)
"行け~~~~だいすけ!!!" :party:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Beautifully said! :)

"The Phoenix" is such an entertaining, crowd-pleasing program and Dai gave it his all despite the odds.

I said this before and I'll say it again: he's got nothing left to prove, because he achieved everything there is to achieve. To have so many fans stick with him for so many years through ups and downs - some of them for 15 years even - speaks louder than anything else. Once again there were so many cheers and banners for him up to the very last row of the stands. He has the rare ability to enthrall people, so much so that his technical content and placement becomes secondary. People love him for his artistic spirit, his commitment to and never giving up on a performance and for being a humble sportsman.

Thank you for everything, Dai-chan and good luck for the free! No matter the outcome, we love you! ❤

Well said and I agree 100%.

GOOD LUCK DAI! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
He will switch to ice dance next month, team up with Kana Muramoto and train under Marina Zueva in Florida.

NHK Trophy will be the only GP event they can participate next season (as a host pick) because they are a new team. They might have a CS before that.

Nobody knows in which competition they will debut. My bet is on Lake Placid.

Well, now you're just tempting me to consider going to Lake Placid in case they do ;)

Excited to see Pale Green Ghosts one last time!

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Not bad from Uncle Dai. He placed 10th in the FS 12th overall. Third highest PC's.
Thank you Dai-chan for everything you gave to us fans over the years,
it has been a great ride, we Love You! Now on to the next chapter. :thank::ghug:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The way the audience clapped and yelled his name in unison was really moving. Thank you, Yoyogi!

Danibellerika

Medalist
Thank you for treating us to your brilliance one last time, Dai! Looking forward to you heating up the floor in ice dance!

mikeko666

Final Flight
A new ice rink named Kanku Ice Arena opened on Christmas Day near Kansai International Airport (a.k.a. Kanku), and some top skaters in Osaka Area including Dai performed in an exhibition.

New clips
https://youtu.be/GnPlZzP1r2E
https://youtu.be/z-i_097kIBQ
https://youtu.be/UsTh7iRGbOI
https://youtu.be/tgEUReomRB4

Dai's instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/B6hfhi1HXhp/
Ayaka Hosoda :biggrin: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6fs7gBpj3f/
Moa Iwano https://www.instagram.com/p/B6fOyezpfDk/
Cathy Reed https://www.instagram.com/p/B6fv-7yJfHo/
Emi HIrai https://www.instagram.com/p/B6jibmtozJF/
Sena Miyake's Twitter (He's grown a lot!) https://twitter.com/831Mini/status/1210082980946792448

Sena, Moa, Rika, Ayaka, Shu and Yuto all train in Kansai University's ice rink. Dai will no longer train with them next year because he is switching to ice dance and will move to Florida.

This new rink will be a base for pairs and ice dance where Narumi Takahashi, Cathy and Chris Reed will work with skaters. Dai and Kana also may train there when they are back in Japan.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Considering such bad physical conditions hitting him series of injuries starting shoulder, knee, ankle and so on the whole season, very very well done at the J-Nats, Daisuke! :thumbsup:

I went to Yoyogi with my husband on Day 1 of J-Nats for Pairs SP and Ladies SP (as I said, no luck for Day 2-4 sigh...) When we entered the venue and started up the slope to the 2nd floor, my hubby suddenly told me, 'Look down the rink. Isn't he Takahashi skating toward our direction?' Then I remembered: there were official practices of Men that afternoon, and the opening time of the venue for audience overlaped the second half of the final group. Yes, yes yes he was assigned in the final group! Forgetting (not completely but almost ;)) my husband being beside me, I stared in wonder because he did try a quad toe if I'm not mistaken, slightly Ur'd but landed on one foot! With more fixity stare at him, I saw him land a couple of beautiful 3A, one with 3T. Watching Dai skating and jumping was mere 10min. or so till the end of practice but it was as if I were in heaven or in my sweet dream. 1-day delayed birthday gift to me. I will always remember his airy 3A and his smooth beautiful glidings on the ice in my heart. :luv17:

We are so lucky to see Daisuke on competitive ice one more time, aren't we? In the autumn 2008 we almost feared he'd never have come back upon his knee's torn ligament, then in 2014 we believed 'so, that's it;;;' I am grateful so mcuh to a skating angel who whispered into his ears again and again during Men event J-Nats in 2017-18 season; 'You can come back if you want. Why don't you give it a try at least? Competitive ice is calling you, Nerves, fire and passion is calling, the crowds is calling. Come back come back come back...' ;)
These 18 months have been full of another ups and downs, as many of us anticipated. But at the end of the day he had one last precious opportunity to skate his programs on his home ice, to express his deep gratitude to Utako-sensei and his parents in public (I read somewhere Dai did invite his parents to a competition for the first time). Also, to say a goodbye to the competitive ice and his fans. Same for his fans; to return a BIG 'ありがとう大ちゃん!' in unison. Something Dai, Utako-sensei, other members of Team d1sk, fans all of us had been feeling 'missing' since Sochi. All pieces finally settled.These moments were truly Christmas gift from the skating angel.

Did you enjoy his very last solo dances from the sky, too? It was you, right? And thank you, Olympia. :)

But oh boy,what a RIDE has Dai invited us all once again for the last 18months! :drama: Normally athletes dicide whether to come back after sitting out only year, or two at the longest, aren't they? 4 years?! It IS typical of our Dai it took him the whole Olympic quad to consider a come back. :laugh:
It's been a great pleasure and such an honor for me to cheer for him together with you all on this GS Forum, incl young, new comers/post-Sochi fans. :) Dailler-coaster never let us off rides, it seems. Onto the next chapter! :party:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Considering such bad physical conditions hitting him series of injuries starting shoulder, knee, ankle and so on the whole season, very very well done at the J-Nats, Daisuke! :thumbsup:

I went to Yoyogi with my husband on Day 1 of J-Nats for Pairs SP and Ladies SP (as I said, no luck for Day 2-4 sigh...) When we entered the venue and started up the slope to the 2nd floor, my hubby suddenly told me, 'Look down the rink. Isn't he Takahashi skating toward our direction?' Then I remembered: there were official practices of Men that afternoon, and the opening time of the venue for audience overlaped the second half of the final group. Yes, yes yes he was assigned in the final group! Forgetting (not completely but almost ;)) my husband being beside me, I stared in wonder because he did try a quad toe if I'm not mistaken, slightly Ur'd but landed on one foot! With more fixity stare at him, I saw him land a couple of beautiful 3A, one with 3T. Watching Dai skating and jumping was mere 10min. or so till the end of practice but it was as if I were in heaven or in my sweet dream. 1-day delayed birthday gift to me. I will always remember his airy 3A and his smooth beautiful glidings on the ice in my heart. :luv17:

We are so lucky to see Daisuke on competitive ice one more time, aren't we? In the autumn 2008 we almost feared he'd never have come back upon his knee's torn ligament, then in 2014 we believed 'so, that's it;;;' I am grateful so mcuh to a skating angel who whispered into his ears again and again during Men event J-Nats in 2017-18 season; 'You can come back if you want. Why don't you give it a try at least? Competitive ice is calling you, Nerves, fire and passion is calling, the crowds is calling. Come back come back come back...' ;)
These 18 months have been full of another ups and downs, as many of us anticipated. But at the end of the day he had one last precious opportunity to skate his programs on his home ice, to express his deep gratitude to Utako-sensei and his parents in public (I read somewhere Dai did invite his parents to a competition for the first time). Also, to say a goodbye to the competitive ice and his fans. Same for his fans; to return a BIG 'ありがとう大ちゃん!' in unison. Something Dai, Utako-sensei, other members of Team d1sk, fans all of us had been feeling 'missing' since Sochi. All pieces finally settled.These moments were truly Christmas gift from the skating angel.

Did you enjoy his very last solo dances from the sky, too? It was you, right? And thank you, Olympia. :)

But oh boy,what a RIDE has Dai invited us all once again for the last 18months! :drama: Normally athletes dicide whether to come back after sitting out only year, or two at the longest, aren't they? 4 years?! It IS typical of our Dai it took him the whole Olympic quad to consider a come back. :laugh:
It's been a great pleasure and such an honor for me to cheer for him together with you all on this GS Forum, incl young, new comers/post-Sochi fans. :) Dailler-coaster never let us off rides, it seems. Onto the next chapter! :party:

Perfect 3000th post, deedee.

Here in Dai's FanFest, and up there I'm sure Olympia enjoyed this as well. And not all is over, yet. A new Dai chapter is about to start, and we are truly blessed to be a part of it.

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Wow deedee how lucky for you that you got to see Dai practice when you were not expecting to see him at all.
It seems that a fate angel intervened on your behalf (Olympia) . I would have fainted straight away.:luv17:

Wishing all a Happy New Year! :hap10: