Daisuke Takahashi | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Thanks again, ostile! :)

More news clips from Friends on Ice 2012:
-Swan collaboration featuring Shizuka, Miki and Daisuke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4cGU10lYd0
:hb: to Shiz' 2A-3T at 5:45 and :love: to step sequence by three world champions from 6:10.

-Dai going for 4T, 2-footed and probably < but still a nice try! :yes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqLxxp2xwA

Holy hat, this rocks! Thanks so much. This really lifts the spirits.

I'm glad I don't have to decide which of the ladies is more beautiful, Shizuka or Miki. Both are stupendously gorgeous. And the footwork of those two, plus Daisuke! I think my heartbeat changed rhythm as I watched them.

Kalina

On the Ice
Interview to Morozov (in Russian): here

I put it through google translate and I think (I'm not sure) he said that they've decided he's going to choreograph Dai's programs for the Olympic season.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Interview to Morozov (in Russian): here

I put it through google translate and I think (I'm not sure) he said that they've decided he's going to choreograph Dai's programs for the Olympic season.
Even google translator cannot be so bad to make you miss the point- this interview is not worthy of any trust. There the journalist Vaitsehovskaya said that Dai and Morozov met each other (to decide on their collaboration) at Junior World Championship in Minsk, where none of them was, as we all know. She also claims that this season Kenji and Pasquale choreo Dai's progs which is not even near to be true, as again we all know very well. The same "true" can be any single word that she wrote. This interview is just a trivial example of her unprofessionalism and stupid tendency to soft yellow (that made her literally "get banned" on some Russian fan boards for all her lies, hatred and crap that she writes about athletes, not skaters only). :biggrin:

In the Japanese "World Figure Skating" #54 magazine, that I mentioned in the Show thread, in his interview Dai again explained why he decided to work with Morozov. The reasons were pretty much the same as we heard earlier: motivation and "adjustment" to Russia where he wasn't successful in both Moscow Worlds.

Last edited:

Kalina

On the Ice
Even google translator cannot be so bad to make you miss the point- this interview is not worthy of any trust. There the journalist Vaitsehovskaya said that Dai and Morozov met each other (to decide on their collaboration) at Junior World Championship in Minsk, where none of them was, as we all know. She also claims that this season Kenji and Pasquale choreo Dai's progs which is not even near to be true, as again we all know very well. The same "true" can be any single word that she wrote. This interview is just a trivial example of her unprofessionalism and stupid tendency to soft yellow (that made her literally "get banned" on some Russian fan boards for all her lies, hatred and crap that she writes about athletes, not skaters only). :biggrin:

In the Japanese "World Figure Skating" #54 magazine, that I mentioned in the Show thread, in his interview Dai again explained why he decided to work with Morozov. The reasons were pretty much the same as we heard earlier: motivation and "adjustment" to Russia where he wasn't successful in both Moscow Worlds.

I did say I was not sure :eek:hwell: I guess I shouldn't have posted it, I'm sorry. I also never heard of this journalist but then, I don't follow Russian boards. Considering this is the transcript of an interview, did she deliberately change Morozov's words? Or made it all up and never interviewed him? It would be... well, unprofessional to say the least.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I guess I shouldn't have posted it, I'm sorry.

You do not have to say 'I'm sorry', Kalina. :)
I thank YOU for linking interview with Morozov, since I have no way of knowing any news in Russia. :yes:
We, me included of course!, would love to see more of your posts at GS forum. So post often and post long, PLEASE! :)

emdee

Final Flight
You do not have to say 'I'm sorry', Kalina.
I thank YOU for linking interview with Morozov, since I have no way of knowing any news in Russia.
We, me included of course!, would love to see more of your posts at GS forum. So post often and post long, PLEASE!

Totally agree!

mskater93

Record Breaker
Kalina, how were you to know that this journalist is less than professional if you don't read her work repeatedly? Someone coming here for the first time and posting a link to a Phil Hersh article (where many people are not fans of his writing either) wouldn't know better either.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
did she deliberately change Morozov's words? Or made it all up and never interviewed him?
Oh, please. I am not interested in knowing the reasons of such behavior. :disapp:

In WFS #54 Dai again said that Morozov will be his advisor only and Nagamitsu is his main coach. She will go to Novogorsk with him. When he was speaking about choreographers who he likes working with he mentioned Wilson, Miyamoto and Bourne. He added that she (Bourne) might be not that serious in the meaning of progs but her easy-going style is very close to his nature. He didn't say anything about this season progs. But added that before he wanted to skate Bolero by Ravel, but since his ballet level is not that high he won't use this music in the future. About his future plans after Sochi he said he would like to be a coach rather than a choreographer. He also mentioned that he has some special connection with my home city Russian Saint-Petersburg. :)

Fans made a clip of Swan Trio (no tv fluff):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUKJySkE3fs

and here Dai, Taka and Akiko promotional JO video where you can observe his current boyish hairstyle :cool: :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9neV1zf9cBI

Kalina

On the Ice
Thank you deedee1, emdee, mskater93 :)

It's true that Taka looks really young in that video, I think it's the hairstyle.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
The article with Morozov has been translated to English by one of the members over at FSU. It was a very interesting read.

You do not have to say 'I'm sorry', Kalina. :)
I thank YOU for linking interview with Morozov, since I have no way of knowing any news in Russia. :yes:
We, me included of course!, would love to see more of your posts at GS forum. So post often and post long, PLEASE! :)

I completely agree.

Kalina, it's generally worth posting a link to an interview, I think, because it leads to more information from someone else. So thank you! Now we know that the Morozov interview has been translated over on FSU, which most of us wouldn't have heard about without your initial link.

Isn't it exciting that the season is finally getting started? Oh, I do hope that everyone is and remains in peak physical condition. This is going to be an amazing time, what with all the comebacks along with the returning champions.

carignan

Rinkside
ImafinaryPogue said:
Morosov basically throws Takahashi under the bus in his recent interview by Vaitsekhovskaya.
It's quite different from what Daisuke said in Japanese magazines and news papers, as let's talk mentioned before. It's up to your decision, which person, between Daisuke and Morozov, you believe.:)

willywonka

Rinkside
It's quite different from what Daisuke said in Japanese magazines and news papers, as let's talk mentioned before. It's up to your decision, which person, between Daisuke and Morozov, you believe.:)

Down with journalists and google translator. Down with Monica Friedlander, Vaitsekhovskaya, Phisl Hersch, Reuters .....:mad::bang::biggrin:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
It's up to your decision, which person, between Daisuke and Morozov, you believe.:)
I would say "Daisuke or Vaitsehovskaya". There is disinformation in HER questions, for a start, as I said earlier. Like that Daisquale and Miyamoto choreo Dai's progs this season. Not Mororozv said that, but she did. Later in her blog she had to come up with some explanations for Russian community about the nonsense that she wrote in her interview, mainly regarding Il'inyh/Katzalapov. First, she started with smth. like "you people are the ones who didn't understand my words. I am good, I am never guilty" and blah-blah. Regarding Camerlengo she said that he told her in Nice that he choreo'ed Dai's FS and that is all. Oh my dear madam Vaits. You didn't need to meet Daisquale in person in Nice in order to know that he was a choreographer of Dai's Blues. We all knew that. But it doesn't mean that Pasquale is still his choreographer. She obviously doesn't even bother to follow any fs news, We, amature fans, know more than she, who is actully paid for her "job". She didn't come with any explanations in her blog why Miyamoto was mentioned by HER (not Morozov). Probably again some of her fantasy or old memories or whatever.

Also, as I too said earlier, in her interview she claims Morozov said that he and Dai met accidentally (! :laugh:) in Minsk at JWC to decide on ther collaboration. First, we know that none of them was there. Second, not just Dai, but Morozov himself said more than once in two languages to various media sources, that he and Dai talked about it in Nice at WC. Minsk and JWC was never mentioned by him. And now what? If we are supposed to believe Vaitsehovskaya and her interview, it means that NM (and Dai) lied all this time and the truth is both of them secretly were in Minsk where they accidentally met each other. Bbrrr... Of course it's insane nonsense. Which can mean only one thing possible: either she mixed things up or did it on purpose due to hell knows whatever reason in order to "glue" the words to Morozov that he in fact never said. In this case how can we know that all the rest in her interview is indeed what he said. No, we can't. :rolleye:

Down with journalists and google translator. Down with Monica Friedlander, Vaitsekhovskaya, Phisl Hersch, Reuters
Haha. Yeah, that's the question why such cretins are employed in sport journalism. Is it so not-prestige job to be a sport journalist if they have to keep such staff?

Meanwhile, the ticket agency PIA came up with the announcement that the ticket for NHK Cup in Sendai will be in sale in Japan from Sep 29th. No information about obtaining from overseas yet. The schedule is rather conveniet (compared to last year), and Sendai is not that far from Tokyo: 11/23: SD, Men SP, Ladies SP; 11/24: Pair SP, FD, Men FP, Ladies FP; 11/24: Pair FP, Gala. Prices: 12,000 yen- 3,000 yen. Almost a bargain, compared to shows. :)

deedee1

Record Breaker
I don't have enough time to read each and every posts on GS Forum this week. However, as I only visit a couple of threads I like, one thing which tells me for sure is the new season will be getting started soon. :biggrin:
Calm down a bit, everyone. We shall have plenty of time to talk about all the skaters, coaches, judges, Speedy;), feds' politicking, so-called experts :p, journalists, rumors and bias...as we wish till the end of March. :cool:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I guess I shouldn't have posted it, I'm sorry.

Thank you so much for posting it, Kalina! We'd like the sources from all directions. So we could gather information as much as possible and process them in our own minds to come up with what is true or not true to each of our own.:laugh:

Seriously, I wouldn't dismiss the Vaitsekhovskaya's interview entirely. Just because there were some inaccuracy in the writing, it does not warrant a total dismiss of said writing. It does have something interesting and more than what we've known from reading other sources. For example, Morozov said Takahashi will ask him to choreograph for the Olympic season. I think it's highly possible. And it is logical. More over, it was what I have thought originally when Takahashi announced his switch to Morozov the first time.:yes:

P.S.

Sorry to some of the Takahashi-fans who think that lesser-Takahashi-fans shouldn't post in this thread because it's for his uber fans only. But there were too much information and too many posts which have related to other skaters and coaches. If you want to keep this thread as a fan gushing and fest thread, you'll probably need to post info-like posts in seperate threads. Same as Hanyu thread. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I don't have enough time to read each and every posts on GS Forum this week. However, as I only visit a couple of threads I like, one thing which tells me for sure is the new season will be getting started soon. :biggrin:
Calm down a bit, everyone. We shall have plenty of time to talk about all the skaters, coaches, judges, Speedy;), feds' politicking, so-called experts :p, journalists, rumors and bias...as we wish till the end of March. :cool:

Yes, we can't wear ourselves out now! We have to save energy for the GP series, Nationals, Worlds, and anticipation of Sochi!

It's great that NHK tickets are reasonable and that the schedule is pretty good. I hope that some of you get to go. How long does it take to get to Sendai from Tokyo?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
We'd like the sources from all directions.
Let me remind you that this is Dai fan thread. You never hide that you are not. Considering what you wrote about Dai last season the usage of "we" from your mouth sounds like sweet irony. I don't visit Chan fan thread. You might borrow this gracefulness.

The official NHK Trophy site is up (the English page is still under construction). Check the ticket purchase banner :):
http://skatingjapan.or.jp/nhk2012/ticket.html