Daisuke Takahashi | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Aren't we all? I'm so excited that we get to see him soon. Between Daisuke and Mao, I'm a nervous wreck making wishes for their best season yet.

deedee1

Record Breaker
:laugh: The Grand Prix season is still 2 weeks away. Take it easy, Olympia!
We have plenty of time to worry together :biggrin:...for the rest of season.
If they have to bomb at some point of the season, better do it here at JO.

A very nice pic from practice today:
http://www.jiji.com/jc/p?id=20121005222651-0013417088&n=1

Four years after, Nikolai and Dai do not look like a dad-and-his-son anymore. Great to see two matured guys trusting each other and working together. :yes:

Here is something for you, Olympia. :) A short news clip on Mao & Dai:
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20121005/k10015559101000.html

Seems both are in great shape. Go Mao & Dai! :party:

Thanks, Deedee! Glad to hear they are both in tip-top shape. You're right about JO: let Dai and Mao iron out the problems now, rather than facing them later. I'll be calm. (Breathing in, breathing out....)

Three of my favorite skaters all in one video! Thanks, Demarinis5. It doesn't get much better than this, does it?

deedee1

Record Breaker
Men's competition at JO was over by now, I guess...I plan to watch it on TV tonight, so am trying HARD to shut off any info. Don't tell me its result, you guys, please. ;)

In the meantime, here is an update on ongoing fundraising campaign to save Rinkai Sports Centre Ice Rink in Osaka:
http://rinkai.rocket3.net/index.html

Wow, 143 million yen!
Someone who is SAINT and VERY RICH must have donated a big money. :hb: Don't know his/her/thier name(s), but THANK YOU! :bow:
It's been reported they need to collect 150 milion yen by the end of December. Only 7 million yen to go. Almost almost! :yes:

I don't understand the value of yen compared to dollars, but I know a goal that's within reach when I see one. Great news.

deedee1

Record Breaker
2 quads in a program. Donut spin position also improved.
:love: to his longer-holding edges and overall speed throughout the program!

I am so glad Dai is now surpassing himself where he left upon his knee injury in 2008, finally! :yes:

2 quads in a program. Donut spin position also improved.
:love: to his longer-holding edges and overall speed throughout the program!

I am so glad Dai is now surpassing himself where he left upon his knee injury in 2008, finally! :yes:

This sounds stupendous!

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Dai's FS this season, no commentators' rants:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpnqbZsg_cM

Okay, the costume is for sure not my favorite Daisuke costume, but it could be worse, so I won't complain :)

The program, though, I really do like, and although I haven't yet, I'm sure I'll fall in love with it soon. I can't wait to see it later in the season once he's developed it even more. It definitely has the potential to be a masterpiece. God, even though I love it when Daisuke is competeing, I find I don't enjoy the competition nearly as much because I'm so nervous for him!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Cute video thank you.

Olympia are you ready for the road trip? ;) According to let's talk Dai is in the US!

So adorable, amazing montage :) Does Morozov commute between Russia and U.S? Because when I thought he was in US, he was in Russia, and the other way around!