Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2321

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi

  1. #31
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Thanks, Genki. The guy is pretty cool, isn't he? But it isn't just his looks. He's got that confidence (not arrogance, mind you) that just reaches out to you even through the screen. I can't imagine what the effect is like when one is sitting right there in the arena.
    Last edited by Olympia; 02-24-2012 at 09:33 PM.

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    [QUOTE=Olympia;620382 I can't imagine what the effect is like when one is sitting right there in the arena.[/QUOTE]

    It felt like you have just met Elvis Presley in person. Sorry, Nadine, this is your quote. But it exactly feels like it. Probably my pulse and blood pressure were way up.
    Nick Slater said that exactly same thing." Dai is Elvis on ice." and he added that some woman fainted in the front row. I m not sure that is true or not, but surely Dai has that type of effect. " A rock star.!!!" on ice.

    I am so happy that I was given opportunity to root for him for another 2 years. Win or loose, I feel truly blessed to share the same era with him. He is really a treasure.

  3. #33
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,781
    Among programs in his younger days, this is another one which I like.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leFAgGvCRxs

    This piece seemed too difficult for young Dai to perform, I really liked what Tarasova and Platov did for him at that time. Especially two brilliant step sequences.
    Under CoP, we do not get to see this kind of comeptitive programs very often, unfortunately.

    These days, Platov still does really good jobs in chareography-wise under CoP, I think; e.g. programs for the Kerrs' for years, Coomes & Buckland's 'Lion King' from last year. Very creative with inonvative moves.
    He is very good at reversing disadvantages of each of the skater(s) to advantages, such as features, characters and/or personality.

    I hope Dai will have a chance to work with Platov again. I want to see what Platov can do with 'much matured' Dai of today.

  4. #34
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Among programs in his younger days, this is another one which I like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leFAgGvCRxs
    I just watched that program. So cute. The young Daisuke reminds me of Takeshi Honda.

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,781
    March 11th, 2012.
    It's been a year since the huge earthquakes hit the wide area of northern/eastern Japan, and the tsunami took the lives of over 15 thousands people. It is a great pity that the number of the missing people is still over 3 thousands as of today...

    There were countless memorial services throughout Japan, and all the Japanese mourned for the victims who had to leave their beloved ones suddenly, unexpectedly, and unwillingly.

    There were a couple of charity skating shows, too; by skaters who are originally from Tohoku area, e.g. Shizuka, Yuruzu, Takeshi, Yamato with local kids skaters.

    You will find Dai's message for 'Skating Friends Support Japan', both in English and Japanese, thanking to all the supports from all over the world.

    http://www.nyjalccfundraising.com/e/skatingfriends

    On behalf of skating fans in Japan, I would like to express my utmost 'Thank-You' to all members here at Golden Skate Forum, too, as I believe your kindness and sympathy was indeed a great comfort to Japanese skaters and its fans at that time. Again thank you.
    Last edited by deedee1; 03-12-2012 at 02:40 AM.

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,781
    Let me introduce some interesting quotes by brilliant athletes/skaters, Patrick and Daisuke whom I love in different ways.

    Sources: 'World Figure Skate No.52' magazine, published Mar 2nd, 2012

    http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/440331071...ntry-2110.html

    Reminder: those words in English are NOT what they (especially Patrick) exactly said in the interviews, becasue I was the one who roughly translated into English from the magazine written in Japanese.

    ------------------------------------------------------

    I hope you will enjoy them. These quotes show a good example of 'mutual respect' between an athlete and its rival, so that each fans can look up to.
    As for Patrick's interveiw, you will find 'Patrick Chan Fan Fest' thread.

    Quotes from Daisuke's interview after 4CC:

    Re: Patrick's skating
    "His biggest advantage over the rest in the field, including myself, is speed.
    During practices, I donot find Patrick's stroking ultra speedy (=there are other skaters who have more speed going into jumps with their powerful strokes).
    During practices, I donot particularly find myself inferior in skating skills to him."

    "But when it comes down to a program in a competiton, and all elements executed to its fulliest, that's when I find myself weaker than Patrick. He can finish his programs strong, without losing any obvious speed till the end.
    Most of the times I can watch his performances wihtout noticing he seems tired, or without feeling bothered by its quality less enjoyable towards the end, de to exhaustion."

    Re: Chasing after Patrick' back
    "It was during last season (2010-11) when I rated myself (=realised that I was) behind Patrick.
    If we talk about figure skating in general, I mean performence-wise, we can have our own cup of tea, you know. But if we talk about competitive skating and focus on TES side, it is a different story. Objectively speaking, I am behind him. Clearly.
    I want to shorten this gap on TES as best as I can, and even if it means little by little, I will try it anyway (=to shorten the gap) until Sochi season."

    Re: Sochi Olympics
    "Two years until Sochi Olympics. Not only Patrick, but all skaters will try their best to improve and up their current level.
    I want the Men descipline at Sochi Olympics to be, say, 'who-is-gonna-win-this-time-around???' like comeptition. I want Men's Olympic Gold Medal is up for a grab, for anyone's to take on the nights of the competition."

    "And I want go back to one of those in contention for the Olympic title, which I think I once belonged before knee injury. I want to fight for the first place with others, not fighting for the second place.
    Using two full seasons till Sochi, I want to improve myself, and put myself again on the same/equal battlefield where only very top competitors are entitled to and can aim for the title."

  7. #37
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    55
    Thank you very very much, deedee1.
    He is very clever, composed and determined. Wow... I'm so impressed.

  8. #38
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    55
    Happy Birthday, Daisuke! May all your dreams and wishes come true! Good luck in Nce!

  9. #39
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,499
    Happy 26th, Daisuke! Stay sexy.

  10. #40
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,103
    Happy Birthday Dai! I hope all of your Birthday Wishes come true.

  11. #41
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,781
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAISUKE~~~!!!

    P.S. You guys are so fast!
    It's not March 16th yet in your time, is it??? *_*

  12. #42
    Custom Title periperi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    201
    ^ It's not in mine yet. Anyway, happy birthday, Daisuke!

  13. #43
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    March 11th, 2012.
    It's been a year since the huge earthquakes hit the wide area of northern/eastern Japan, and the tsunami took the lives of over 15 thousands people. It is a great pity that the number of the missing people is still over 3 thousands as of today...

    There were countless memorial services throughout Japan, and all the Japanese mourned for the victims who had to leave their beloved ones suddenly, unexpectedly, and unwillingly.

    There were a couple of charity skating shows, too; by skaters who are originally from Tohoku area, e.g. Shizuka, Yuruzu, Takeshi, Yamato with local kids skaters.

    You will find Dai's message for 'Skating Friends Support Japan', both in English and Japanese, thanking to all the supports from all over the world.

    http://www.nyjalccfundraising.com/e/skatingfriends

    On behalf of skating fans in Japan, I would like to express my utmost 'Thank-You' to all members here at Golden Skate Forum, too, as I believe your kindness and sympathy was indeed a great comfort to Japanese skaters and its fans at that time. Again thank you.
    Deedee, thanks for bringing up the anniversary, and for telling us about some of the ceremonies and programs that marked the memorial day. Certain anniversaries of a loss, such as the one-year anniversary, have special meaning and seem to call up unusually intense emotions. I'm heartened to know that the support of skating fans from outside Japan helped the skating community of Japan in some small way. I know that many of us (not just on GS) felt a huge connection to the people of Japan. It was a dreadful wound to the whole country.

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Deedee, thanks for bringing up the anniversary, and for telling us about some of the ceremonies and programs that marked the memorial day. Certain anniversaries of a loss, such as the one-year anniversary, have special meaning and seem to call up unusually intense emotions. I'm heartened to know that the support of skating fans from outside Japan helped the skating community of Japan in some small way. I know that many of us (not just on GS) felt a huge connection to the people of Japan. It was a dreadful wound to the whole country.
    Thanks a million for replying back to my 'thank-you' message, with such kind words and showing sympathy again.

    What impresses me through my reading this Forum over the years, Olympia, is people like you.

    While you have your own preferences, favorites, your sense of values, love/hate, you always try to be neutral first, try to understand other member's opinions/thoughts, then you put your own opinion, agreement or disagreement. You never bash them on the spot.
    You are always eager to learn new things, make good questions/points when you are not quite sure, then show your appreciation to others who give you its answers. You even stand up for the sake of others and defend them if you think it necessary, Olympia.

    And what impresses me even more is you are not the only one on this forum. There are many others who do the same, or try to do so, at least.

    It is not unusual, you know, this type of communication becomes a 'battlefield', owing to its nature of anonymity.
    But this forum has the least brutal atmosphere. There is a manner. I seldom or never see any abusive language or nasty slang here. As a result, so-called bashers or latent bashers, should there be any, will disappear eventually.

    I am glad I joined this forum. To the Administrator and members of Golden Skate, I have never met any of you in person, but my deep respect is yours. Seriously.

    Oh, I feel like I have just finished writing a love letter...(embarrassed)...
    I stop now...before my husband gets jealous of you!

  15. #45
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    55
    Nice smiles!! Thank you to the poster.

    Birthday song / Daisuke Takahashi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3b1tfAKf_I

Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •