Page 44 of 156 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Thanks so much, Deedee! Reading Os168's commentary again is such a pleasure. I think I agree with the idea that great skating artists are somehow at ease even in competition. They seem to know that they're in the place where they belong. Their skating isn't just for points. There's a lovely quote from the actress Tyne Daly. She makes a comment in answer to the old adage that a lot of stage acting is about breathing. The meaning of the adage is of course that an actor must, like a singer, learn breath control techniques. Tyne Daly said that she thinks of breath control this way instead: "I control when the audience stops breathing and when they start again." I think on some level a truly great skater controls our breath as we watch. It may be subjective--some of us will forget to breathe for one skater, whereas for others of us it will be another skater. But such skaters are very rare.
    What a lovely quote Olympia. Funny enough, I saw Tyne Daly as Maria Callas in 'MasterClass' the stage play in London around April this year. I just love her and how she grew her career and matured as a stage actor from her Cagney and Lacy days. I didn't know what to expect, but I found her riveting, divine and beautifully heart breaking and ugly at the same time. Exactly what I'd like from my Callas fanfiction of my imagination and some more

About Dai, I absolutely agree the apparent effortless is what stood him as a master vs a student of learning where all the efforts are visible. Patrick with the right program can appear masterful but have not yet the maturity (other than stunning skating techniques) or range of work to be tested. Hanyu with the right program like Romeo and Juliet where the effort can become part of the performance and it is perfectly moving, but the real master are the ones who can make anything work and unafraid to try, experiment and even to fail. Sometimes the sport is too calculated towards COP maths, it failed to address the unquantifiable that is in critical and priceless in art. Dai rules supreme in his era in artistry and most importantly the philosophy and approach to artistry very well.
    Last edited by os168; 12-31-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Dropping by to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! And on that note, here is Morozombie's end of the year Blog
    on Skating 2012.

http://morozombie.blogspot.com/2012/...2012.html#more

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    What a lovely quote Olympia. Funny enough, I saw Tyne Daly as Maria Callas in 'MasterClass' the stage play in London around April this year. I just love her and how she grew her career and matured as a stage actor from her Cagney and Lacy days. I didn't know what to expect, but I found her riveting, divine and beautifully heart breaking and ugly at the same time. Exactly what I'd like from my Callas fanfiction of my imagination and some more

About Dai, I absolutely agree the apparent effortless is what stood him as a master vs a student of learning where all the efforts are visible. Patrick with the right program can appear masterful but have not yet the maturity (other than stunning skating techniques) or range of work to be tested. Hanyu with the right program like Romeo and Juliet where the effort can become part of the performance and it is perfectly moving, but the real master are the ones who can make anything work and unafraid to try, experiment and even to fail. Sometimes the sport is too calculated towards COP maths, it failed to address the unquantifiable that is in critical and priceless in art. Dai rules supreme in his era in artistry and most importantly the philosophy and approach to artistry very well.
    How lucky you are that you saw Tyne Daly live! I used to watch her on Judging Amy, a wonderful series, and there were moments when she practically came out through the screen at me, she was so alive.

I like your master-student analogy. This is probably why I'm not yet in Hanyu's camp, though I understand that he has great talent and potential. But Hanyu is still showing me how well he skates, whereas Takahashi shows me something new about skating itself every time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    And this is the Christmas gift to all Daisuke fans in the world.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94XXyUkSi7c
    Kawai! Unlike foreigners Japanese skaters seldom kiss flower girls. The culture is different. But not this time. Maybe Dai wants to marry a Russian wife . (What a damn that I am married already .)
    Dai's FS at JN without commentators' rants:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1TwjZhIwac
    What Miyamoto is doing there with that stuff? www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsT2hbMhCQI
    Meanwhile Fluff TV is again ranting about Dai and Mao as hopes in Sochi (after getting the feedback from the audience probably ): www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sZ6IRgi3-o

HAPPY NEW YEAR, DAi!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    What Miyamoto is doing there with that stuff? www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsT2hbMhCQI

HAPPY NEW YEAR, DAi!
    Kenji must be in charge of the overall choreo at MOI.
    So funny to see Stephane also doing it in the backstage with J skaters!

The latest Dai's interview with NHK this morning:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtfmIL3xImI

Hope there is someone very kind enough to translate it to English. (sorry I just can't, cause he talks about Sochi and his retirement. It's too hard/heartbreaking for me to do translatation...)

P.S. A Happy New Year, Everyone!

Banned
    The latest Dai's interview with NHK this morning:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtfmIL3xImI

Hope there is someone very kind enough to translate it to English. (sorry I just can't, cause he talks about Sochi and his retirement. It's too hard/heartbreaking for me to do translatation...)
    But it's not like he is talking much about his retirement except saying that he will retire after Sochi. He again says that Sochi is his main target and has been the one since he decided to continue in 2011. Vancouver became the past, and Sochi is the future. That Moscow Wolds was like a new start of a new life stage and now he has one year left to accomplish his aims. He realizes that there are younger competitors, and he is aware of necessity to stay strong to be able to compete and perform 2 quads in FS. He mentioned GPF where he won, and that is the start of the final loop (from to Sochi) to Sochi.

Deedee1, do you seriously believe that Dai will completely retired from skating after Sochi? No way. I don't believe in it even for a second. I am sure he will be in shows, maybe will start his own show. And considering the no major star of his rank in Men, TV Tokyo will do their best in people skills and butt licking to get him in JO and/or MWO. So, we will see Dai's skating a lot after Sochi too!

Speaking about Olympics, here is an old documentary made before his first Olympics in Torino, the teen duckling at the begining of his Gladiolus route:
    part 1:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkdlnecPPAc
    part 2:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioLavbH8oHA
    part 3:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6K7_7mYTZE
    part 4:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvRvxccKaLk
    part 5:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVi_DO4rdQw
    part 6:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZqwzPbf_hs

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Deedee1, do you seriously believe that Dai will completely retired from skating after Sochi?
    No. And I agree, they just don't let Dai away from ice shows. especially in Japan. like Mao.

But while I love Daisuke as a performer, I just loved Dai more as a competitor over these years and loved/admired/appreciated what he has brought to the ice as an eligible skater, under CoP rules, in front of skating professionals (=judges, tech panel and officials) and skating fans, and for the sake of this sport (though, unlike Evgeni or Evan, he is not that great as competitior). And the fact that every competition he is to participate from now on till Sochi will be likely his 'last' one makes me really sad, e.g. Osaka 4CC this February will be his last 4CC, London Worlds in March probably his last one, J Nats in December definitely his last one to participate, you know.

Here is a message from Daisuke wishing everyone A Happy New Year!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEf1PdHk1po

When Dai is off ice, why can't he be as cool as whenever he is on ice???
    Last edited by deedee1; 01-07-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Custom Title
    When Dai is off ice, why can't he be as cool as whenever he is on ice???
    I love how he can be so dorky off ice it's super endearing.

Custom Title
    Some people just seem to have more pizzazz when the spotlight turns on. I like Dai both cool and less cool. It gives him dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    I love how he can be so dorky off ice it's super endearing.
    Haha I think it is, too. When he's skating, he's so smooth, sexy and cool, but then later he is such a dork I love it.

Banned
    Team Dai won Japan Super Challenge 2013. Here is a short vid (the show will be broadcasted in February): www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMCijVDj4QE With a closer up: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcYmcSc0vcg&t=3m42s

Custom Title
    Yippee! Thanks, Let's Talk.

Group Number "Take my Hand" SOI Japan with Dai, Mao, Kanaka, Joannie, Kurt and Jeffrey. Very, very nice.
    Many thanks to the uploader on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAsJSPwYDOc

Banned
    Dai at the backstage at SOI, with Mao, Kanako and Kurt:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XlN8pe1SxI

Banned
    Someone translated the questions relay of Team Japan from the latest Cutting Edge Fan Book. I like how Dai answered on Hino's question about dealing with nerves and pressure during the competitions: http://ohheyjamiee.tumblr.com/post/4...n-relay-part-2

Page 44 of 156 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 94 144 ... LastLast