Daisuke Takahashi | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
It's nice to hear from you, Blue. :) especially in this Fan Fests threads!

;):p

...Well, what can we do without you, deedee? You are our named special correspondent from Japan, remember?:laugh: Yes, let's wish our favorites and all skaters well next season!

I echo your wish for health and strength for all the skaters. Wouldn't it be great to see a men's final that's like the ladies' final in Vancouver in 2010, with no falls and everyone at top level? That would be something to treasure.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Some quotes from Dai on new programs:
-----------------------------------------------
"When I listen to Sonatina, I felt the message that '(regardless how it may look now), we can believe there is hope/light at the end of it'."
"After picked up the music, people around me encouraged me because, if I pull this off properly and I can visualize the music with my body movements, it may be of some help to Mr Samuragochi the composer, who is unable to hear how it actually sounds even though he did compose it himself, to see the music through me." (Asahi Shimbun, July 11)

"I wanted the classical music; not the one ordinary (=very familiar/traditional) classical piece but which also sounds something contemporary." "I picked up this piece based on my intuition." (Chunichi Shimbun)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djSMqr85UpY&feature=player_embedded

"As for my Free, the theme is about love. I have met so many people throughout my skating life, even though there are people I don't spend time/work with now and I can't/don't see anymore. However, what made me as I am today is simply thanks to each and every one of them. The Beatles medley reminds me once again how much I am grateful to those who all concerned and helped me in various ways in my whole career." (Sankei Shimbun, July 11)

Here is the lyrics of 'In My Life':
There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them

----------------------------------------------

Out of Beatles medley; Yesterday, Come Together, Friends and Lovers, In My Life, Winding Road, I LOVE 'Friends & Lovers', which was composed by Goerge Martin, once Beatles' producer, to delicate to John Lennon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPL6zllu1Mc

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great translation deedee! I can't wait to see Dai's new programs.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks everyone, Been my pleasure! :) Dai has been quiet in May and June, but wow so many updates lately:eek:. my time and bad English just does not catch up with it...I need LT's help!!!

-Daisuke w/ Shizuka on FM Radio, "My Olympic" (Jul 1-12th): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur3tyhMiF40
-Sankei Express Jul 16th: http://www.sankeibiz.jp/express/news/130716/exe1307161531002-n1.htm

Dai talks about new programs into more details in Sankei Ex, though all in Japanese...It was a great read. :yes:
Hopefully some genius will post the article in her/his blog with English translations soon! ;)

ETA: I've finished editing on SOUL Up Ex <3>!

demarinis5

Record Breaker
^Since LT's banning I have been visiting DTFF for information about Dai and there has been a world of information from the members about his new programs. Just about every article has been translated and also the Radio show has been translated. They are wonderful group of folks and I hope they don't mind me lurking, they have also reported that Dai's new Exhibition Program will be "Time to Say Goodbye" by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocell choreographed by Kenji.

deedee1

Record Breaker
^Since LT's banning I have been visiting DTFF for information about Dai and there has been a world of information from the members about his new programs. Just about every article has been translated and also the Radio show has been translated. They are wonderful group of folks and I hope they don't mind me lurking, they have also reported that Dai's new Exhibition Program will be "Time to Say Goodbye" by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocell choreographed by Kenji.

^^ Yes, yes! I used to visit that forum, and remember people there were just great; so fast and accurate always for posting any information on Dai with perfect translating skills on Japanese<->English! :yes:

giulia95

Medalist
You're welcome Deedee!I can't even imagine the violinist girl's emotions at Dai's skate!what an amazing honour!:yay:

demarinis5

Record Breaker
^ The article is very interesting indeed, deedee. Dai does not seem to agree about the criticism that Morozov
received about the fact that Dai dropped from #2 to #6. Morozov portrays himself as a member of
Dai's team and Dai will be making the decisions about his training, programs etc. Both Dai and Morozov seem happy with their arrangement.

Thanks for the video clip. I believe Dai was at the opening ceremony of an ice rink in Nishinomiya.

zydeco88

On the Ice
http://p.twipple.jp/PnvoG
Is this some sort of functionality available in Japanese televisions that allows the users to check the TV program scheduling for channels in Japan?
It says that Saturday Sports, an NHK General TV sports program which air from 22:00 - 22:30 JST, will reveal Daisuke Takahashi's short program for the first time (probably a short clip of his practices at the Sapporo camp) on August 10. :yay: I hope this is true because I cross-checked this piece of information with Saturday Sports' homepage but couldn't find it.

deedee1

Record Breaker
It says that Saturday Sports, an NHK General TV sports program which air from 22:00 - 22:30 JST, will reveal Daisuke Takahashi's short program for the first time (probably a short clip of his practices at the Sapporo camp) on August 10. :yay: I hope this is true because I cross-checked this piece of information with Saturday Sports' homepage but couldn't find it.

Thanks a lot for the information, zydeco! ^^)/
Yes, it's official. Tomorrow night. Can't wait! :) http://www2.nhk.or.jp/hensei/program/p.cgi?area=001&date=2013-08-10&ch=21&eid=7295&f=1809