Daisuke Takahashi | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

deedee1

Record Breaker
No, no coaches based there, Icd.
Team Nagamitsu (Dai's main coach since his age 13) does have a training camp in Hokkaido every summer. Because the team's home rink is owned by Kansai University in Osaka actually, meaning the team has to borrow/rent it from the college by the hours every day in and out. So, the team reserves an ice rink for a whole week or so during summer (for most kids can be away from schools), in order to get more ice times (and to get more 'sense of solidarity' among its skaters, coaches, choreographers, physical trainers, dietician, etc. probably). :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.330935537044018.1073741829.317966388340933&type=1

To: ostile, my sincere apologies in advance to borrow some very nice photos of team's camp this summer from your blog without your permission. :eek:: And please let me know via PM if you don't like it or if not appropriate...I will delete it.

lcd

Match Penalty
No, no coaches based there, Icd.
Team Nagamitsu (Dai's main coach since his age 13) does have a training camp in Hokkaido every summer. Because the team's home rink is owned by Kansai University in Osaka actually, meaning the team has to borrow/rent it from the college by the hours every day in and out. So, the team reserves an ice rink for a whole week or so during summer (for most kids can be away from schools), in order to get more ice times (and to get more 'sense of solidarity' among its skaters, coaches, choreographers, physical trainers, dietician, etc. probably). :)

Thank you for the explanation. Very helpful.
Yes, it is very challenging to find ideal training conditions/rinks in Japan historically, so of course very glad for him to have a positive and excellent environment

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am not sure that this new partnership is going to work for Takahashi/Kihara. Not a good outing for them at all.
Feel better deedee.:) Miki did much better she came in 4th in the FS but placed 2nd overall. Very nice comeback
for her especially since she gave birth 5 months ago. She looks amazing.

JO is fast approaching and we will get to see Dai's new FS. :yay:

Thanks for the CM video of Dai, he looks great! The camera loves him!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
^On german TV they all wondered why Narumi changed partners as it wasn't working for her. But they didn't really see that she was the one making the mistakes that cost them dearly - and not Ryuichi. Anyway, maybe it was just too early to expect too much.

Considering many factors I feel horrible concerning this season. I am so afraid for Daisuke. I don't know anything about his form at the moment, but if I think of last season I'm afraid for him, especially considering the nationals. I'm afraid his jumps just aren't good enough, if you look at his competition, and what they can do. I think the japanese fed will send him to Sochi anyway, but is that really fair if others are better? I'm also afraid for the GP season, if you look at the entries of Skate America the Men's field is sooo deep there. Oh god, I don't think I'll be able to watch. I know I sound negative and should trust in him, but I'm just so afraid for him, after last season, I can't help but worry.

^On german TV they all wondered why Narumi changed partners as it wasn't working for her. But they didn't really see that she was the one making the mistakes that cost them dearly - and not Ryuichi. Anyway, maybe it was just too early to expect too much.

Considering many factors I feel horrible concerning this season. I am so afraid for Daisuke. I don't know anything about his form at the moment, but if I think of last season I'm afraid for him, especially considering the nationals. I'm afraid his jumps just aren't good enough, if you look at his competition, and what they can do. I think the japanese fed will send him to Sochi anyway, but is that really fair if others are better? I'm also afraid for the GP season, if you look at the entries of Skate America the Men's field is sooo deep there. Oh god, I don't think I'll be able to watch. I know I sound negative and should trust in him, but I'm just so afraid for him, after last season, I can't help but worry.

Oh, no, MaiKatze, don't make me so anxious! We'll keep our fingers crossed for Daisuke.

Who among the other men is so far ahead of Dai? Yuzuru is good, of course, but (a) I'm sure he's going to Sochi anyway and (b) he's still immature and also has problems with endurance. Chan and Javier H. are contenders. Plushenko is, if healthy, always a factor. That's not a huge number of guys. Am I missing anyone?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Sorry, Olympia....I just realized how anxious I got last season, when Daisuke faltered. I don't know, I just think that quads and consistent clean jumps are more important than ever - in the eyes of the judges, at least. I hope Daisuke peaks at Olympics and really was able to relax in the off season.

I don't know who is ahead of him, I think the Grand Prix Series wil help to determine how the rivals do.

altuixde

On the Ice
Isn't it really hard to skate a competition a week after another competition? That's exactly what Daisuke will have to do with the Japan Open and Skate America. Is the Japan Open unimportant enough for Daisuke to save his energy for Skate America? He's not famous for holding back, though.

Edit: Oops, I just figured out that he has two weeks in-between. False alarm!

lcd

Match Penalty
Can't help but feel a little let down by his Japan Open free skate. The music cuts never quite let him let loose and do his dynamic thing. Some of the orchestrations are bordering on elevator muzak. Maybe it's the tempo. :think:

I'm sure he will be able to rally at Skate America. JO was not a key event.

carignan

Rinkside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqgo-ETpPZM
This program has potential, I think. Look at his pure skating and speed!:clap:

Daisuke said before the competition that he had had a bad cold and lost some weight. He was also afraid if he had enough stamina to skate until the end. That could be the reason why he ended up with zero points on the final spin. I think, as a veteran, he intends to move into high gear slowly and carefully. Anyway I believe in him and his team. :)

Go Daisuke!!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I also hope that Daisuke will improve. I'm not sure how I feel about this LP. When I heard Beatles, I kind of imagined something different. I'm not really sure this program is really playing to his strengths. Is this the time to expirement? It is the beginning of the season, so I think it is not a big deal that it seems a little off now. But to be honest, I'm just not feeling it like some of his older LPs, when I got totally lost in his skating in combination with the music. However, I could watch Daisuke skate to no music at all and find it beautiful.

carignan

Rinkside
MaiKatze said:
But to be honest, I'm just not feeling it like some of his older LPs, when I got totally lost in his skating in combination with the music.
Did you "get totally lost" when he skated La Strada in 2009 Finlandia Trophy or Blues for Klook in 2011 JO? ;)

MaiKatze said:
However, I could watch Daisuke skate to no music at all and find it beautiful.
Yay!:)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Did you "get totally lost" when he skated La Strada in 2009 Finlandia Trophy or Blues for Klook in 2011 JO? ;)

Tbh, I don't think I watched them back when they happened. But this Beatles Cut has no WOW effect in the flow of the music and this is something that unfortunately won't change. La Strada/Blues for Klook being Camerlengo programs they really suited Daisukes style, but I found the choreography by Lori Nichol a bit boring, too. You're of course right, it is early and Daisuke wasn't near his best tonight. I have faith it will get better!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
deedee1 said:

I can't watch it due to music copy rights, that's meeeeaaaaan!!:cry: (seriously, I need another smily, one who's desperatly breaking down or something xD)

His SP is gorgeous. I'm not so sure about his LP so far, I liked the beginning, but then it just went on and... I don't know, lost track, or something? So many weird music cuts... ah, but what the hell. It's Dai. Some more outings, and I'll love it anyway :)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
While I'm lukewarm on the LP, the SP on the other hand - wow! Nice Job. Thanks for sharing, deedee1!