Daisuke Takahashi | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Just finished watching Dai's SP! It was really so good. His spins were so much better---speed, centering, position, everything, and you could tell all the stretching is paying off. His body moved beautifully. And I think he's gonna get a stable quad soon. It was so lovely!

Dai was really on today, sharp and focused, he was wonderful and I just love his SP.

He must be so pleased that he landed the quad.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Stupid question: did anyone get the impression Dai wasn't to happy about his scores? I kind of did, and I'm a little worried...

That aside: that FS was probably the skate of the year for me!:love::love::love:
And his 4T really, really improved, hope he continues like that next season and comes out with new programms even more awesome than those this year!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Stupid question: did anyone get the impression Dai wasn't to happy about his scores? I kind of did, and I'm a little worried...

That aside: that FS was probably the skate of the year for me!:love::love::love:
And his 4T really, really improved, hope he continues like that next season and comes out with new programms even more awesome than those this year!

Dai did look a little distracted at the medal ceremony, it probably had more to do with the booing that was going on not his scores. Dai got a season best score. Dai seems to be a very
sensitive guy and to hear booing of another skater could have upset him, especially Patrick who he likes and respects.

I am very proud of Dai, he skated like the champion that he is today!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Daisuke! For his Silver medal, for his better and better quad, and for his grits and determination through the whole season to bring us his best at the biggest event.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Dai & his fans! His silver medal performance was just lovely! And his quad is coming back! That performance is definitely one I will save and watch over again!

evangeline

Record Breaker

To be honest, I wouldn't blame Daisuke at all if he was unhappy at his scores.

That being said, maybe this is good in the long run. I hope he comes back next season with vengeance and his quads.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
So amazing. I don't think Daisuke is angry at all or even scared of Yuzuru. I seriously think that next year he might be World Champion again. But the Silver Medal, I'm so happy for him. And I had a little "Aww" moment when he grabbed that little girl and kissed her. So sweet. :)

mikeko666

Final Flight
I think Takahashi and Camerlengo shrugged when they saw the score. I won't blame them if they couldn't understand why Takahahis's PCS was so low. I can't understand either. It was GPF all over again. They reworked the choreography after 4CC to raise PCS, but it had little effect.

Dai just confirmed what I already knew - that his spirit won't let him rest with anything but perfection. Thankfully he seems to have found a way to be at peace with his perfectionism (a quality that can take all pleasure out of life). I look at those programs and marvel. Thank you, Daisuke, for using every drop of strength and talent God gave you to make the brilliant, unforgettable programs of this season and this Worlds!

Becki

Medalist
I think Takahashi and Camerlengo shrugged when they saw the score. I won't blame them if they couldn't understand why Takahahis's PCS was so low. I can't understand either. It was GPF all over again. They reworked the choreography after 4CC to raise PCS, but it had little effect.

I shrugged too....he was so obviously lowballed here...

This will only motivate him to work even harder!! Plus it is evident that Daisuke fears Yuzuru (he even said so himself) and doesn't want to lose to him. This will definitely inspire him to work even harder to avoid being taken over by Yuzuru, and to beat Patrick.

Congratulations to Dai & his fans! His silver medal performance was just lovely! And his quad is coming back! That performance is definitely one I will save and watch over again!

Yes, this is the skate I too will treasure from Worlds. The way he uses his arms and shifts balance to evoke the rhythm of the music is splendid. I love the way the footwork seems to spring from the music. It doesn't look like an item to be checked off on a list. And that final arched-back spin...stupendous. And he has a quad back!

When I see a program like this, I don't care how many points he eked out from this jump or that landing, or whether someone else got more tenths of points at that stage of his routine. This is one of those moments that reminds me why I'm a skating fan. Years from now, as with Michelle's 1998 Lyra Angelica, I'll be watching this when I want to feel better, to celebrate feeling good, or to remind myself that there is beauty in the world. Thank you, Daisuke!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Wow, I said Dai and Hanyu could go and maybe likely would go 2 and 3 if they skated well. Hanyu got bronze as the new Japanese wunderkind with a hard fall on jump. I have not seen other than the podium men skates and Javier's Sp (he looks like a young Orser, LOL) but they did indeed promote him. Is this (it must be the first Asian men's sweep of podium?) I know Pat skates for Canada but he is ethnic chinese and has the build, the heritage, the work ethic. It is to be noted.

Dai was wonderful. I don't think he looked cautious, but watching on internet is nothing like live. My "new" laptop (back to PC-so confused) has poor sound) so I will rewatch if they are still up when I can. I too, Olympia was not looking for subtle flaws with Patrick, or adding up jumps, or looking for Dai's mistakes. Dai is still the artist, and I think he is sublime. Patrick's programs don't earn that so far. Next year, I am curious to see how Pat gets choreographed, but we knew he'd win, and he skated well. Were his PCS scores legitimately higher? I can't tell. So much goes on in CoP only experts or avid watchers know what is fair anymore. As a performance, I preferred Dai, as I often do. I watched many ladies skate their sp's on Youtube and was surprised at all the lowballing. I saw a lot of good skating. I wonder if the LPs will convince me of whatever order they came in. All of us who knew Caro was near as gold as Chan can say were right.

Hanyu is on fire-he is a compteitor and could be beating an early season Patrick next season should Pat fall 2-3 times in early season skates. This kid could definitely be an OGM. He seems destined for the Sochi Podium. I hope Dai can hang in there with Hanyu smoking up the ice. Good skating, guys.

Last edited:

Becki

Medalist
^ Hanyu didn't fall on a jump. He had a fluke/random fall on a step-sequence (?) element. Yes, I think this is the first Asian sweep! :D

seniorita

Record Breaker
:hb:I rewatched his lp this morning but then I thought, lets see his sp again also and I remembered how intense it was! RockStar on Ice:love::yay:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Dai just confirmed what I already knew - that his spirit won't let him rest with anything but perfection. Thankfully he seems to have found a way to be at peace with his perfectionism (a quality that can take all pleasure out of life). I look at those programs and marvel. Thank you, Daisuke, for using every drop of strength and talent God gave you to make the brilliant, unforgettable programs of this season and this Worlds!

Well said.