Daisuke Takahashi | Page 61 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
So nervous for him in this moment!!! I don't know if I will be able to watch! :) My roommates are going to think I am crazy by into this I get...

LadyCapulet

Spectator
Haha, I'm just as crazy. I'm the only one here in the house staying up to watch Daisuke skate. I'm a complete nervous wreck right now, :no:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm so proud of him, really I expected a little desaster, but he is still in bronze contention! I hope Daisuke can skate his heart out tomorrow. The long and winding road, indeed!!!! :clap:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Dai-chan :yay: so happy for him that he got through the SP. To bad about the quad but I was prepared for that.
He fought for that program, stayed upright and delivered his other elements, a fine skate indeed. He should be proud
because he is sitting in 4th place, not to shabby.

Wishing him good luck for the FS tomorrow. I will be rooting for him!

altuixde

On the Ice
Watching the slow motion replay of Dai's quad attempt, it's hard to tell whether it should've been marked as downgraded or under-rotated instead. Wish it could've been counted as a quad. The technical panel may have had a different camera angle from the one I saw (the one shown on NBC), though.

In terms of how close the scores are after the short, there's a huge traffic jam from third to thirteenth place. I hope Dai can pull away from the pack in the free! He's skating second after the warmup; I think that's good!

aschiutza

On the Ice
LOL; not keen on the costume (but i am not keen on 85% of male skaters costumes).

I hope that he will show everything he can in the free and take at least bronze :love: . It will be very very close !

deedee1

Record Breaker
Yes yes, I agree with ya all on Dai's performance last night. :) The quad mistake aside (which was sort of anticipated at this point), he did the best he could do. His Sonatina was full of his heart as always, but rather soft, very gentle and delicate, compared to the sharp aggressive and edgy one at NHK Trophy.

Good luck to Daisuke in the Free skate tonight! We are rooting for you!!! :yay::party::party2:

thanks demarinis for posting the pics of his new costume! :)

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Dai showed his beautiful skating during his run though in morning practice. Still struggling with the quad and some trouble
with his 3A but landed 3Ax2toe.

He looked relaxed and calm and ready to go.

luckykid

On the Ice
I thought I read somewhere that he'll only go for 1 quad in the free, but his planned elements still lists 2 quads. I hope he is able to pull through!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Once more Daisuke was the most shining, adorable and moving skater on the ice. If I could, I would have given him all the medals and more. He has nothing to be ashamed of, he did himself, his team and his fans proud. No medal? So what. Seeing him smile and his whole performance made this lacklustre Sochi Olympic so much better! Go Dai!

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Once more Daisuke was the most shining, adorable and moving skater on the ice. If I could, I would have given him all the medals and more. He has nothing to be ashamed of, he did himself, his team and his fans proud. No medal? So what. Seeing him smile and his whole performance made this lacklustre Sochi Olympic so much better! Go Dai!

He was amazing wasn't he. He gave us fans a beautifully skated hearfelt goodbye performance. Loved it.

deedee1

Record Breaker

He was amazing wasn't he. He gave us fans a beautifully skated hearfelt goodbye performance. Loved it.

:yes: As soon as I saw his calm relaxed smile at the opening pose to Beatles medley, any of score or placement afterwards did not matter at all to me, and I simply tried not to miss any moments of four and half minutes' luxurious time of figure skating. Daisuke's skating is the figure skating in a true way for me. No one but Daisuke can grab my heart and soul like that. One and only. I for one am most grateful that he decided to continue after Vancouver season, even though he knew four more years would never be easy for him physically, and gave us such wonderful time with his many dazzling performances to remember forever. I was smiling, and crying at hte same time, during his last skate at the Olympic Games. 8th at Tornio on his first showing, 3rd at Vancouver that was after almost career-ending injury, 6th at Sochi on his third showing and at his 12th senior season. He should be proud of himself!

What happens at a number of threads on GS Forum at the moment is just :disapp: to me...and don't want or bother myself to read most of them. But just in case, to those who may be a bit worried about media reactions in Japan or people's overall reaction to Dai's placement, they are far from 'harsh'. So no worries! :)

Utako-sensei's comment: http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2014021500065

長光歌子コーチ : けがをしてから苦しんできたので、よくやったと思う。100点をつけてあげたい。
(高橋には)私はあなたのスケートが一番好きだよと伝えた。いつまでも見たいと思っていたので、見られなくなるのは残念。

"He has been struggling so long since his injury. So I believe he did very well while dealing with such physical condition. I would like to give him a perfect scores (100 points).
'I love your skating so much, more than anyone's in the world', I told Daisuke right after his free skate tonight. I am the one who has wanted all these years, and still wants it badly, to see Daisuke to skate. forever. So it makes me so so sad that I won't see him skate anymore."

His mom's comment: http://news.nifty.com/cs/sports/athleticdetail/yomiuri-20140215-00496/1.htm

"I want to give my son Gold Medal from me. He looked very gentle, happy and enjoying, to my eyes, while skating free tonight.
That was the best smile I've ever seen from him at competitions. I am the happiest mother to have a son like him."

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Beautiful quotes, thank you deedee! Somehow the quote by his mother really touched me. How wonderful to have a son like this indeed!

Barb

Record Breaker
The interview with Nobu was so sweet :cry:
And Sasha Cohen on twitter @SashaCohenNYC: Daisuke Takahashi is one of the most talented skaters in history. Didn't do the quad but will always be my favorite. In 4th place so far...

LadyCapulet

Spectator
When Nobu started getting emotional, I couldn't help the tears myself. You can really see how much he cares and supported Daisuke.