Daisuke Takahashi | Page 66 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

deedee1

Record Breaker
A BIG 'Thank-you' from me too, Lindsey for beautifully saying about Daisuke both as a person and a skater. Without doubt, everyone of his fans including me of course surely agree with you about him and his skating! :) No one else can grab my soul with his/her skating the way Dai does. I have been a skating fan for more than 20 years, but there has not been like him for me. There is no one like him. And there will be no one like him. The world of Figure skating simply won't be the same without Daisuke for me.

^Thanks deedee! Are you getting excited for Worlds. Unfortunately Dai won't be there but there
will be many other skaters to cheer for.

:clap:

Have fun!

Thanks demarinis. :) Yes, not super-excited tbh, but I am looking forward to going and rooting for them, especially those who plan to retire soon, or whose skating will be one last time for me to see probably; such as Mao, Akiko, Tomas, Carolina, Nathalie/Fabian and Aolina/Robin.

Some latest article/videos on Dai:
-Sainkei Biz, Mar 19th http://www.sankeibiz.jp/express/news/140319/exe1403191659001-n1.htm
-NHK "Athletes' Tamashii":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGB-0ctGmjM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CggdtCYV9H8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGOKdnK8P6s

Meoima

Match Penalty
Couldn't understand Japanese. :cry: But I hope his knee will be better for the up-coming ice show. He is in the cast of the ice show in Japan this summer, isn't it?

deedee1

Record Breaker
Couldn't understand Japanese. :cry:

Just don't cry, Meoima. :)
There are other sources where you can get various info on Dai in English: e.g. the one Ostile17 created http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ashi-Fan-Page-Daisuke-Takahashi-Road-to-Sochi, or DTFF (I'd better not post its direct link here, I am afraid. but you can easily find it by searching for something like 'daisuke takahashi fan forum'). People at those forums are very devoted fans of Dai and just genius in translating all info on him btwn Japanese<->English! They would love to add some English superimpose/subtitles for TV news/documentaries on him for non Japanese speaking members. You may have to sign up yourself as a member in order to access to all these translations and/or videos, though. Hope it helps you!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Just don't cry, Meoima. :)
There are other sources where you can get various info on Dai in English: e.g. the one Ostile17 created http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ashi-Fan-Page-Daisuke-Takahashi-Road-to-Sochi, or DTFF (I'd better not post its direct link here, I am afraid. but you can easily find it by searching for something like 'daisuke takahashi fan forum'). People at those forums are very devoted fans of Dai and just genius in translating all info on him btwn Japanese<->English! They would love to add some English superimpose/subtitles for TV news/documentaries on him for non Japanese speaking members. You may have to sign up yourself as a member in order to access to all these translations and/or videos, though. Hope it helps you!
Thank you so much. I hope Dai will heal soon for the next ice show. I would love to see him on ice shows. He can do anything on the ice without jumping and I can still find it charismatic. I wish him all the best.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Worlds just isn't the same without Dai. It's just so blah...oh god, I fear I will never get that love & excitement back. :cry:

Thanks, everyone who wrote tributes to Dai, for such eloquent words. I hope he's able to recover and skate again in ice shows, if not competitively.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Worlds just isn't the same without Dai. It's just so blah...oh god, I fear I will never get that love & excitement back. :cry:

Tell me about it. Dai brings a certain energy with him and I do find myself missing that and missing him.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Daisuke has been missed A LOT during Saitama Worlds this past week, not only by me but the majority of the crowds/Japanese skating fans there. The Mens comp was so great that I was and we were happy for the likes of Tomas, Jeremy, Chafik and others, and I don't remember how many time I got onto my feet for standing ovations. But still I/we missed him, you know. Brian and Patrick, too for me personally.
It was as if one piece, one very very big piece that is and should be essential in Mens competitions, was missing for the crowds including me... Their presence, their skating and thier genuine smiles, especially Daisuke's, of course, would have made an even more perfect occasion to enjoy the Mens comp for the crowds there.

When Pairs SP was over on Day 1, the big screen back side of the arena (the closest seats from the rink) showed a couple of the performances from this season's J-Nats, I heard. A lot of the crowds stopped to watch Dai's free skate (though they had to hurry for toilet time ;)), and when it was over, some said "Well-done, Dai-chan!", some clapped very hard, and some were in tears. Then the screen showed Dai's speech n front of the corwds (after he was named to the team for Sochi): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xox0kE4aSeY (from 8:45) Again there were tears, a huge applause for him and lots of saying "Arigato, Dai-chan!", in spite of the fact that it was the recorded one, actually, three months old, and most of them must have seen this scene a number of time already. I wasn't there myself, but such a very touching moment it was indeed, I would imagine. I sincerely wish Daisuke to hear about this story from someone who are very close to him.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Daisuke has been missed A LOT during Saitama Worlds this past week, not only by me but the majority of the crowds/Japanese skating fans there. The Mens comp was so great that I was and we were happy for the likes of Tomas, Jeremy, Chafik and others, and I don't remember how many time I got onto my feet for standing ovations. But still I/we missed him, you know. Brian and Patrick, too for me personally.
It was as if one piece, one very very big piece that is and should be essential in Mens competitions, was missing for the crowds including me... Their presence, their skating and thier genuine smiles, especially Daisuke's, of course, would have made an even more perfect occasion to enjoy the Mens comp for the crowds there.

When Pairs SP was over on Day 1, the big screen back side of the arena (the closest seats from the rink) showed a couple of the performances from this season's J-Nats, I heard. A lot of the crowds stopped to watch Dai's free skate (though they had to hurry for toilet time ;)), and when it was over, some said "Well-done, Dai-chan!", some clapped very hard, and some were in tears. Then the screen showed Dai's speech n front of the corwds (after he was named to the team for Sochi): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xox0kE4aSeY (from 8:45) Again there were tears, a huge applause for him and lots of saying "Arigato, Dai-chan!", in spite of the fact that it was the recorded one, actually, three months old, and most of them must have seen this scene a number of time already. I wasn't there myself, but such a very touching moment it was indeed, I would imagine. I sincerely wish Daisuke to hear about this story from someone who are very close to him.
I would love to hear from him soon. He must have known that lots of people support him. We are still waiting news from him. I hope he rest well and stays healthy.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I would love to hear from him soon. He must have known that lots of people support him. We are still waiting news from him. I hope he rest well and stays healthy.

Dai will be at the Charity Ice Show in Kobe tomorrow (Apr 2nd). I'm pretty sure that a couple of Japanese TVs are to air some news clip on this. So no worries, Meoima, you will find them on Youtube soon! :)

http://www.charity-kobe.jp/

Good to know even more is that Mao will be there, too, for the first time! Thank you, Maaaaoooo, :bow: for joining this charity show that was originally suggested and created by Dai+Kenji! :)

mary01

Final Flight
Tell me about it. Dai brings a certain energy with him and I do find myself missing that and missing him.

Daisuke is the kind of skater I never want to see retire (along with Mao) even when his jumps are a mess, I still find myself enjoying his performance a lot, and that says a lot about his presence on the ice, captivating artistry and unique style.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Daisuke is the kind of skater I never want to see retire (along with Mao) even when his jumps are a mess, I still find myself enjoying his performance a lot, and that says a lot about his presence on the ice, captivating artistry and unique style.

Just imagine Dai still skating together with the 20 year olds at the 2050 World Championships.......I'm not sure if I want to see that. *_* Or maybe I do, because we're the same generation. It feels weird when skaters who didn't even reach 30 are considered old and worn out. Figure Skating is a cruel sport and favours the young.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Good to know even more is that Mao will be there, too, for the first time! Thank you, Maaaaoooo, :bow: for joining this charity show that was originally suggested and created by Dai+Kenji! :)

It would be lovely IF Dai and Mao is a couple. :love: I've heard some where that Dai has some "special" feelings for Mao. If that is true and Mao also has something for him, then :yay: please God of figure skating, let it be true!!!!:bow:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I don't see it. For me figure skaters aren't actors who people "ship" I never understood that part of fandom that likes to create couples with real human beings. Maybe it is a generation thing, though, I just don't like it. :slink:

(And wasn't it always Mao and Takahiko anyway?)

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't see it. For me figure skaters aren't actors who people "ship" I never understood that part of fandom that likes to create couples with real human beings. Maybe it is a generation thing, though, I just don't like it. :slink:

(And wasn't it always Mao and Takahiko anyway?)
It's not about shipping, it's the rumour my friend told me, I think they would look good together, though. Dai is a great man, :love: I hope he will be happy.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think Daisuke is a man that is certainly appreciated by more mature woman. They know what's good!

I don't think Mao and Daisuke were focusing on Romance in their lifes very much in the last years. But look at Yuna who just revealed a sexy boyfriend! We don't know and I think it is better that way. The sport should be in focus and not their private lifes.