Daisuke Takahashi | Page 68 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Seruleane

Final Flight
I love watching these early programs! Even as a 15 year old, he had great presence on ice. His style has gotten much more refined, but I can see this is the same Daisuke through and through.

Meoima

Match Penalty
One of the great thing about Daisuke is, he looks taller on ice, even though he is just 1m65. He has a great presence on ice. :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^What a treat thanks for sharing! I hear Dai is back on the ice practicing show programs.

One of the great thing about Daisuke is, he looks taller on ice, even though he is just 1m65. He has a great presence on ice. :)

Yes, he has such a commanding presence--not arrogant at all, but an air of being just where he was born to be.

Thanks for the links to all the Daisuke programs, Scovies!

mikaboo

Medalist
There was a talk event at Kansai University for Takahashi, Machida, and Oda today after they were awarded from the Dean of the university for their accomplishments.
According to this tweet from the university newspaper, Daisuke wants to think about his retirement for a year and will not compete for the 2014-2015 season.

jimeonji

Final Flight
There was a talk event at Kansai University for Takahashi, Machida, and Oda today after they were awarded from the Dean of the university for their accomplishments.
According to this tweet from the university newspaper, Daisuke wants to think about his retirement for a year and will not compete for the 2014-2015 season.

thank you for the translation. Whatever he does, I'm glad he'll have time to rest and recover from this long Olympic season.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Thanks mikaboo and lady__bee for the FYI. Definitely and sorely Daisuke will be missed but the consolation is that he still has left the door open for a return to competitive skating. I wish him well in his sabbatical.

BusyMom

Medalist
I'm one of his fanatic fans but glad to hear the news. He has been fighting his ongoing injuries for too long now. It is time for him to take a long break to heal and maybe consider retirement. It will be hard or him to continue with all this young generations. His PCS alone won't be enough to help him finishing in the top5. The IJS alone took the turn to encourage the technical supremacy not the artistic performances. The judges seems to embrace this direction with open arm. I'm sure he will be involved in many ice shows after his retirement anyway.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Daisuke wants a Partner! He said he's very lonely...saying this on TV will get him plenty of women, possibly more than he can handle. :) I hope he finds someone good.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Daisuke wants a Partner! He said he's very lonely...saying this on TV will get him plenty of women, possibly more than he can handle. :) I hope he finds someone good.
Previously someone said Dai has a girlfriend? It seem it's just rumor. I hope he will find someone soon. :yay: I hope he will be happy.

foruiz

Final Flight

Haha! Let me look into his daigako... Anyway my research area will be in Kansai. Dai better wait until next year :p

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Dai-chan attended a PIW fan meet today and said that he will skate in the PIW show in Tokyo on 7-18 -7-21
He did not announce what he will be skating to but he did say it will be a calm number not like Mambo. lol

Looking forward to seeing him back on the ice whether he is jumping or not. He is one of the select skaters
IMO who does not need to jump to entertain.

foruiz

Final Flight
Dai-chan attended a PIW fan meet today and said that he will skate in the PIW show in Tokyo on 7-18 -7-21
He did not announce what he will be skating to but he did say it will be a calm number not like Mambo. lol

Looking forward to seeing him back on the ice whether he is jumping or not. He is one of the select skaters
IMO who does not need to jump to entertain.

I can't wait to see him perform again after all the sad news of him sitting on the sidelines. Hope that there will be kindhearted souls who will post his PIW program ASAP... Three months is a long wait but it is great that we have something to look forward to.