Page 7 of 156 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi

Custom Title
    Thanks, Deedee1! That final message from Dai is especially lovely. I hope he knows that his devoted fans (me included) will support him as long as he continues to skate (and even beyond that! I'm still Michelle's fan, after all). I can see that he is continuing to make efforts to improve, and that makes me even more of a fan.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Seniorita, don't confuse people, if you please. Plush didn't predict the podium that you listed here. The journalist asked him who Plush thinks can WIN the Worlds. And the Olympic champion gave three names as candidates for the gold
    Sorry I understood he said the names in the row for gold, silver and bronze, I wouldnt imagine he would have mentioned Hanyu for gold.. As much as I like Huzuru.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Sorry I understood he said the names in the row for gold, silver and bronze, I wouldnt imagine he would have mentioned Hanyu for gold.. As much as I like Huzuru.
    I wouldn't either. Or I'll take back my praise to him for his prediction!

Custom Title
    You sure he wasn't talking about Sochi Olympics? I would bet my money on Yuzuru for Gold at Sochi, but not for this World Championships (it belongs to Patrick).

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ^ Noi he talks about Worlds.
    - Journalist: In April begins a new season of preparation for Evgeni. For now let's this remain secret for his fans. The question is who isthe favorite on the World Championship?

Custom Title
    ^ Noi he talks about Worlds.
    He has high hopes for Yuzuru :D But I don't think it's Yuzuru's time yet even tho I am a big fan.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Thanks, Deedee1! That final message from Dai is especially lovely. I hope he knows that his devoted fans (me included) will support him as long as he continues to skate (and even beyond that! I'm still Michelle's fan, after all). I can see that he is continuing to make efforts to improve, and that makes me even more of a fan.
    Thanks. I am glad you like it.
    I liked the way he said it in Japanese; with soothing sound of voice and friendly smile, in his usual amiable down-to-earth manner.
    Listening to his message, my eyes got watering.

Figure skating in Japan has huge popularity today.
    Every cometitions and ice shows Mao or Dai enter, tickets are to be sold out fraction of a second, and skaters are sometimes treated like a rock singer or movie star by younger people.
    But I would see it as a sort of 'bubble popularity', you know.

After his successful 2006-07 season, winning his first medal at Tokyo Worlds, the number of Dai fans went just HUGE all of sudden.
    But he knows that his popularity among fans and the media, and the popularity of figure skating in general in Japan for that matter, is mainly owing to producing good results on the international scene so far. What can I say, a temporary boom?; they can be hot and cold anytime. Once good results donot come with him, he knows those who idolize him as a cool Dai or sexy Dai would be gone soon.

For instence, when witnessing his 3-fall performance at the recent Nationals, these fans appeared so shocked, quite naturally...
    But to the eyes of long-term Dai fans, knowing how he has grown as a skater and as a person over the years, it was no big deal. "Been a while we saw Dai messing up that bad." "Yeah, but in a way I miss that Dai. We donot get to see it often these days, right?" "Well, it's not that bad, compared to 2004 TEB where he landed no clean jump, messing all 8-jump passes..." "If he needs to mess up somewhere, better do it here, instead of later in the season..."

As for skaters such as Dai, Akiko, Shizuka or Takeshi who remember how hard it was to continue competitive skating when this sport was less popular back in the days in Japan, they have been always grateful to these fans who rooted for figure skating and its skaters for a long time (before it becoming so popular).
    Because they know this kind of fans are true skating fans, who rooted and will root for them as a skater (not as a TV idol), and supported and will always support figure skating as a sport, regardless of good results or not, and/or regardless of mass media's hot attentions or not.
    Last edited by deedee1; 03-28-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Just finished watching Dai's SP! It was really so good. His spins were so much better---speed, centering, position, everything, and you could tell all the stretching is paying off. His body moved beautifully. And I think he's gonna get a stable quad soon. It was so lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Just finished watching Dai's SP! It was really so good. His spins were so much better---speed, centering, position, everything, and you could tell all the stretching is paying off. His body moved beautifully. And I think he's gonna get a stable quad soon. It was so lovely!
    Dai was really on today, sharp and focused, he was wonderful and I just love his SP.

He must be so pleased that he landed the quad.

Custom Title
    Dai gave a wonderful performance. We are proud of you.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Stupid question: did anyone get the impression Dai wasn't to happy about his scores? I kind of did, and I'm a little worried...

That aside: that FS was probably the skate of the year for me!
    And his 4T really, really improved, hope he continues like that next season and comes out with new programms even more awesome than those this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Stupid question: did anyone get the impression Dai wasn't to happy about his scores? I kind of did, and I'm a little worried...

And his 4T really, really improved, hope he continues like that next season and comes out with new programms even more awesome than those this year!
    Dai did look a little distracted at the medal ceremony, it probably had more to do with the booing that was going on not his scores. Dai got a season best score. Dai seems to be a very
    sensitive guy and to hear booing of another skater could have upset him, especially Patrick who he likes and respects.

I am very proud of Dai, he skated like the champion that he is today!

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Daisuke! For his Silver medal, for his better and better quad, and for his grits and determination through the whole season to bring us his best at the biggest event.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Congratulations to Dai & his fans! His silver medal performance was just lovely! And his quad is coming back! That performance is definitely one I will save and watch over again!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post

To be honest, I wouldn't blame Daisuke at all if he was unhappy at his scores.

That being said, maybe this is good in the long run. I hope he comes back next season with vengeance and his quads.

Page 7 of 156 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast