Daisuke Takahashi | Page 71 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

foruiz

Final Flight
Thanks for the link ioanap, that got me even more excited to see his interpretation of "Kissing You" in full length.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Oh thanks for the video link ionap! :) It whetted my appetite to see the entire performance! And yes, Daisuke (and Evgeni Plushenko as well) can certainly show younger skaters a thing or two.

ioanna

Record Breaker
He said his knee is still swelling after doing jumps so I hope he gets rid of them altogether. He doesn't need a 3F or a 3Lz and he should take advantage of this to show his talent of creating something special without having to jump at all.

foruiz

Final Flight
^And Dai can indeed do that, he is one of the few people who do not need jumps to create a very moving performance. Aww Dai, hope his knees gets well real soon.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Dai chose this song because he saw Kensuke Nakaniwa skating on this before and he loved it. Since then he has listened to it often and thought about skating to it himself. He thought now was the best time to do that since it's a slow song and it's perfect for his comeback after 3 months away from the rink. The program is choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto and they have worked on it in April. (source)

So basically, Dai has waited for about 8 years for an opportunity to skate on this song :)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Dai chose this song because he saw Kensuke Nakaniwa skating on this before and he loved it. Since then he has listened to it often and thought about skating to it himself. He thought now was the best time to do that since it's a slow song and it's perfect for his comeback after 3 months away from the rink. The program is choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto and they have worked on it in April. (source)

So basically, Dai has waited for about 8 years for an opportunity to skate on this song :)

First time for me to see Kensuke and am impressed (as were the commentators) on his musicality and artistry. I can understand why that performance left a strong impression on Daisuke. Thanks ionap for letting us know the storyline behind Daisuke's comeback skate.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^The artist got his eyes, which for me are the hardest to capture in any portrait. As they say, the eyes are the mirror to one's soul. Daisuke has such kind eyes. Thanks again ionap.

mikaboo

Medalist
Found this video from the Sendai Asahi event. They asked Dai about Yuzuru, maybe somebody can translate what he says.
http://youtu.be/PZ0lB69uWJI

Also, fanart of the Kissing You program done by this talented artist
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BodfikOCYAEBEHt.jpg:large

Thanks for all the updates ioanap! Can't wait to see his new program. I think FOI will be live on TV so maybe we can see it then.

In the video, Daisuke said that that Yuzuru will be turning 20 (legal age for drinking in Japan) soon. If they could drink together, maybe they can communicate in a different way so he can't wait for him to turn 20.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Yes! It will indeed be on TV but not live, they will show it on June 15th.

Thank you for translating! Surprising image of Daisuke bonding with Yuzuru over some drinks :laugh:

mikaboo

Medalist
Should Yuzuru be scared since Akiko said she always has to take care of Daisuke when they go drinking because he drinks fast, gets drunk fast and starts dancing.:party2:

I think FOI is on June 7th?
http://www.bs-asahi.co.jp/fantasyonice/
But I'm not sure if I get this channel though. If not, I can wait until June 15th.

mikaboo

Medalist
Thanks for the information jimeonji. Immediately went to YouTube to check if his performance has been uploaded but no such luck (yet). Anyway, instead I found this 25-second video entitled "Daisuke Takahashi admired Mao Asada!!!" Judging from the triple exclamation points, the uploader must be excited about it. :) Requesting please a translation from kind Japanese fans to know exactly what Daisuke said about Mao in the video and when did he say it. Thanks!

This is an interview after Mao's FS at Sochi. He says that he was really moved by her performance. She must have been very nervous but she pulled through and was able to deliver everything she had. The expression on her face after she finished the performance says it all. She really worked hard and I'm very impressed.

First time for me to see Kensuke and am impressed (as were the commentators) on his musicality and artistry. I can understand why that performance left a strong impression on Daisuke. Thanks ionap for letting us know the storyline behind Daisuke's comeback skate.

First time for me too. (thanks again ioanap!) I really don't know my Japanese male skaters very well. :rolleye:
Not related to Daisuke, but I found this video after seeing the one ioanap mentioned.
He jumped while smoking! (and fell)
Reminded me of Tatsuki's new program we were talking about before.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Should Yuzuru be scared since Akiko said she always has to take care of Daisuke when they go drinking because he drinks fast, gets drunk fast and starts dancing.:party2:

I think FOI is on June 7th?
http://www.bs-asahi.co.jp/fantasyonice/
But I'm not sure if I get this channel though. If not, I can wait until June 15th.

Yuzuru should definitely prepare for some dancing and / or karaoke sessions if he decided on going to drink with Daisuke :laugh:

Last time I checked that website they said they would broadcast it on June 15th but now I see they changed it so we're actually going to see it live (in case there will be any live stream for us foreigners that is). Very exciting, thanks for pointing it out!

About Kensuke, yes, he's done R&J before Yuzuru made it famous :biggrin:

foruiz

Final Flight
Not related to Daisuke, but I found this video after seeing the one ioanap mentioned.

A Cigarette and a gun... how bad@$s can you get Kensuke... :biggrin:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
This is an interview after Mao's FS at Sochi. He says that he was really moved by her performance. She must have been very nervous but she pulled through and was able to deliver everything she had. The expression on her face after she finished the performance says it all. She really worked hard and I'm very impressed.

Thanks mikaboo!

I think everyone who was watching the Olympic ladies' free skate was touched by Mao's tears at the end of her program. I thought she never looked more beautiful than when she took her bows with the tears still glistening in her eyes. I differ with those who say that she skated so well because she was no longer in contention for a medal and was thus under no pressure. On the contrary, there was still enormous pressure but no longer to win gold but for redemption. Touching too to see how Daisuke, Tatsuki, and Yuzuru were willing Mao to skate her best and generally acting as fans anxious for their idol. That was a lovely TJ moment.

Thanks for the video link! That was an edgy and adult performance of Romeo, what with all that guntoting and smoking! :eek: Might not be GP (General Patronage) material. Yes, the cigarette also reminds me of Tatsuki's "Je te veux" exhibition, while the fall reminds me of Yuzuru's 2012 Worlds Romeo and Juliet LP. ;)

PS. ionap, thanks for the updates. Will watch out for your alert when Daisuke's full R & J skate is uploaded. :)

cdngirl

On the Ice
A Cigarette and a gun... how bad@$s can you get Kensuke... :biggrin:

I agree with you Foruiz. I loved this performance. So different and entertaining.
Maria Victoria, I can also see why Daisuke remembered Kensuke Nakaniwa's R&J. I love his artistry.
Thanks Ioanap and Jimeonji for all the latest information on Daisuke and Mikaboo for finding this "gangsta" performance of Kensuke's.
I am so happy that Daisuke is finally back on the ice, where he belongs, but I hope he can find the time to rest his knee.

ioanna

Record Breaker
PS. ionap, thanks for the updates. Will watch out for your alert when Daisuke's full R & J skate is uploaded. :)
My pleasure! But I think we will have to wait till next weekend for a full program, when we will hopefully get some fan videos from Denis Ten's show.

Best shot from today, in better quality.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoeqTwnCAAEcCCd.jpg

And 4 more large photos
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoebkIkIUAAQQrf.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoebkHiIcAAsl--.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BofardgIQAAPFRO.jpg:large
http://24.media.tumblr.com/8f94e9d6ab231aee4e0b64acf45c4290/tumblr_n656xv1sZW1r1qmqno1_1280.jpg

jimeonji

Final Flight
I think we will definitely see fancams from Denis' show that starts on the 29th (only 4 more days everyone!!!). I'm happy to see him skating again, even if it is only for 15 seconds or so :biggrin: I've missed him. Hopefully he doesn't push himself (and his knee) too much as he has a few other shows he'll be doing this summer too. Thanks to everyone that has been posting links and pictures!!