Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 22 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1344

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi

I have always loved Eurosport commentating. I wonder who she is? She definitely was showing Dai-Love, can you blame her! lol

Thanks for the link!

Custom Title
    Ironically, I think as Grand Prix Final is out of the equation, it will provide him with a helpful opportunity to really focus and prepare for all-important Japan Nationals

Dai and Yuzu! 2 of the athletes for PG the official sponsor for the Olympics.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

eta: Press Release

http://prw.kyodonews.jp/opn/release/201310295805/

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    ^Oh, hahaha! Yuzuru looks like a salesman and Daisuke is like "I just washed my jacket! Yay!".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    ^Oh, hahaha! Yuzuru looks like a salesman and Daisuke is like "I just washed my jacket! Yay!".
    Actually, Dai LOVES washing/laundry at home. And cleaning. His room, both at home and a hotel room while attending competitions, is always neat and tidy they say. lol

Who doesn't love a man that likes to clean!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Actually, Dai LOVES washing/laundry at home. And cleaning. His room, both at home and a hotel room while attending competitions, is always neat and tidy they say. lol

This guy's the best!

Very interesting article about Daisukes motivation for Sochi and his results at SA.

http://www.daisuketakahashi.org/2013...i-article.html

Rinkside

Daisuke Takahashi

http://www.daisuketakahashi.org/

Very interesting article just posted today with a explanation of his change in boots and edges.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 11-01-2013 at 04:30 AM.

Rinkside
    Very interesting article about Daisukes motivation for Sochi and his results at SA.

Thanks for the introduction. Very interesting ariticle and especially in translators's note, something interesting is added by author.

Custom Title
    Daisuke got P&G sponsorship!

Custom Title

Thanks a lot for sharing the article, MaiKatze! Very interesting, indeed.

Shizuka during broadcast at Skate America did admit that the change of his skating boots must be one of the reasons he had to struggle with jumps, and I was wondering when it was. Now it's clear it was late September, and went back to his old Graf boots, which he used to skate with up until 2010-11 season, from Edea. As for blades, Dai seems to change it every season: IIRC, in 2011-12 season he changed to Gold Seal, then Pattern 99 in 2012-13 season, now back to Phantom. just wow...my question: Do skaters change its blade that often and are able to skate, say, decent enough at competitions at this elite level???

Dai probably is not a born strong/fierce competitor a la Plushenko, but I love Dai is always honest with himself by admitting his weakness/shortcomings and tries to be stronger. Oh, and I also love Nikolai's scolding part. That's exactly Nikolai's role to 'mentally' push Dai, who is too sensitive/sentimental sometimes. I am so glad he is on Dai's team in this Olympic season. Well done Nikolai!

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Dai probably is not a born strong/fierce competitor a la Plushenko, but I love Dai is always honest with himself by admitting his weakness/shortcomings and tries to be stronger. Oh, and I also love Nikolai's scolding part. That's exactly Nikolai's role to 'mentally' push Dai, who is too sensitive/sentimental sometimes. I am so glad he is on Dai's team in this Olympic season. Well done Nikolai!
    That's what I thought when I read the article. I wondered why Daisuke didn't seem that disappointed after his skates. He looked like it wasn't a big deal to him. I always thought the move to Morozov was not that a good idea, but I think when it comes to pushing Daisuke it is the best that he has someone who won't hold back and tell him to pull himself together. I'm glad, and I don't know I just feel that he will be much better at NHK!

Thanks for posting the article MaiKatze!

Custom Title
    So late (relatively) in his career to be making changes in his boots, no? Have heard though that the sourcing of boot leather has changed and been more difficult since the Earthquake which eliminated a unique source of boot leather used by skate boot manufacturers worldwide.

Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 22 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast