Daisuke Takahashi | Page 75 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Thanks for the video and picture links ionap! Like mikaboo, was also touched by the finale number video, and the steps remind me a bit of the Sochi finale. (Dennis btw looks like a potentate welcoming his subjects. ;))

Re Mirai's instagram pic, that's as furtive a look as I ever saw in Daisuke. Wonder who's he sideglancing at.

cdngirl

On the Ice
I've just checked in here to say: "Thanks a lot everyone for all your updates on Daisuke :)", though I don't have much time to visit the forum. Life's got so hard for me these days, but the following photo in particular has made my day! :

Adding Johnny and Jeff, the final group of Men at 2007 Tokyo Worlds is still the very best 6 for me. :rock: These fabulous boys simply ROCKED the whole arena that night! :yes:

So nice to see you back here again and I'm sorry to hear that life has been a bit tough for you recently. I always enjoyed reading your informative posts so I hope to see you here more often.

cdngirl

On the Ice
The finale performance is wonderful. I never thought a video of an ice show would make me tear up a bit. Maybe it's the music.

Denis has done a great job at promoting his country to FS fans! I hope he gets invited to Mao's shows in the future.

I thought the same thing when I watched the finale. I love the music and it made me wish, more than ever, that I was there watching it live. Denis and his team have done a wonderful job and from all of the pictures and videos which everyone has kindly provided it seems like the skaters agree with us, too.

jimeonji

Final Flight
Thanks ionap for the links! I haven't had the chance to watch more videos other than the steps battle and Kissing You but I know what I'll be doing when summer break comes!! (and then even more shows yay)

mikaboo

Medalist
I thought the same thing when I watched the finale. I love the music and it made me wish, more than ever, that I was there watching it live. Denis and his team have done a wonderful job and from all of the pictures and videos which everyone has kindly provided it seems like the skaters agree with us, too.

I'm finding myself interested in Kazakhstan 10 times more than I was last week!
--------------

Tweets and instagrams from tonight's show.
http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2140162797385445401?&page=1

mikaboo

Medalist
New video of Dai talking about the Olympics
http://youtu.be/5X79_G5jbOo

Thanks! I forgot to watch this show.
Here, Daisuke talks about the 6 minute warm-up. How it is crowded with 6 skaters on the rink, how the ladies tend not to get out of the way for others (while the men usually do) so he's scared to watch the ladies' 6 minute warm-ups. Akiko tends to get out of the way for other skaters so he thinks "don't get out the way!". Asked whether Julia gets out of the way, he answered, "never" :biggrin:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Thanks! I forgot to watch this show.
Here, Daisuke talks about the 6 minute warm-up. How it is crowded with 6 skaters on the rink, how the ladies tend not to get out of the way for others (while the men usually do) so he's scared to watch the ladies' 6 minute warm-ups. Akiko tends to get out of the way for other skaters so he thinks "don't get out the way!". Asked whether Julia gets out of the way, he answered, "never" :biggrin:
As always, thank you for translating mikaboo! :biggrin:
By any chance, did he say something about being scared when they asked him about Julia?

cdngirl

On the Ice
I'm finding myself interested in Kazakhstan 10 times more than I was last week!
--------------

Tweets and instagrams from tonight's show.
http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2140162797385445401?&page=1

I agree about Kazakhstan. It seems like such a great country with warm, friendly people. Denis, himself, is a great indication of this. Thanks for all the information you have provided and your translation of the recent interview. That's so funny that the women don't get out of the way, during their warm-up, but the men do. I would have thought it would be the opposite! I also agree with Daisuke that Akiko shouldn't have to move out of the way but I'm not surprised that she does because she seems like such a sweet and thoughtful person.

mikaboo

Medalist
As always, thank you for translating mikaboo! :biggrin:
By any chance, did he say something about being scared when they asked him about Julia?

Well, he did say "I'm scared to watch the ladies' warm-ups" after they asked him about Julia ;) but, he didn't mean it was just her. All the ladies in general don't get out of the way until the very last second. But he did point out the Russian ladies are especially tough.

mikaboo

Medalist
I agree about Kazakhstan. It seems like such a great country with warm, friendly people. Denis, himself, is a great indication of this. Thanks for all the information you have provided and your translation of the recent interview. That's so funny that the women don't get out of the way, during their warm-up, but the men do. I would have thought it would be the opposite! I also agree with Daisuke that Akiko shouldn't have to move out of the way but I'm not surprised that she does because she seems like such a sweet and thoughtful person.

No problem cdngirl! I enjoy translating short videos.

It's hard to believe that Denis is only 20 years old when you see everything that he's doing. I think he's going to be very successful at whatever he ends up doing in the future.

I look forward to paying closer attention next season to see who wins the "ladies' warm-up" discipline.