Page 76 of 199 FirstFirst ... 26 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2983

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi

0 Not allowed!
    ^Thank you deedee for your very touching re-post.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Please let me write a bit on Dai's LP, though it's been weeks since NHK Trophy.

The 2nd Day of NHK, I was sitting with my husband very very far and above from the ice again.
    During the 2nd group's 6min warm-up, Dai popped 4T into triple twice, then had a hard fall on the third attempt, (unlike the previous night's warm-up of SP where he tripled twice but landed a perfect quad there and everyone went crazy) and made us worried...Thus when his name was finally called and he greeted the crowd and judges prior to the performance, the crowd cheered for him, waving hundreds of d1sk towels with every colors everywhere, much harder than the night before.

The opening quad was successful, looked to me even higher than in his SP. Thunderous applause from the crowd, because no worry at all for UR call this time. When he took the opposite course, from when going for a flip/lutz, we instantly knew he would gor for a second quad, I heard a lot of people me included held their breath, then sighs of relief, sort of you know, to see he actually tripled it, why, he did avoid a possibly scary fall that might have caused damaging his already injured knee further, you know. 3A, a thing of beauty; high and distant which is something missing from his jump repertoire in the last few seasons.
    After landing 3A and skating backward on two feet toward judges, 'oh no, Dai, you are going too far to the corner! Can't close your circle in the end!', I cried out to myself! Dai skated towards Judge #1 almost, and I, feeling hopeless, saw other judges leaning forward a bit from their seats and to the left to watch his step. But his step sequence to Come Together was just huuuge! It probably covered 3/4 of the whole ice, his every step and turn covered so much ice and he effortlessly closed his circular against my needless worry, while fascinating all the people men and women young and old sitting in the front raws. Did I say already I love his step sequence? I can watch him doing only this step all day. Lori said in a recent interview that she loves this tango-arranged Come Together, thus has been saving it standby for a suitable skater to show up for her to choreograph for many years but didn't meet any, until she finally worked with Dai this summer. ITA with Lori. Who else can do such less flamboyant but very sophisticated tango to this music!
    A shame on the second 3A. That (almost going down on his injured right knee on the landing) was soooo scary to see for us all and some let out a small gasp actually, but very gutsy for him to tack 2T at the end. And the rest of the program was just like a dream for the crowd! I love love loved the choreo sequence! He skated from one end to the other end of ice like, what shall I say, a balmy breeze in the spring, or a bird flying in the blue sky in the summer; so airy and smooth, soo effortlessly and freely. There was a moment/choreography right after a short back spiral in the middle he looked up the ceiling and bringing both arms up, and it looked like he was filling the entire arena with his love for skating. Such a happiest moment for all his fans that night, I thought. Sincerely hope his performances here at NHK would give Dai and his team a confidence boost as he is heading to the Nationals the most important competition late December.
    Jeremy was also great. Nobu did even better in LP. Dai, Nobu, Jeremy, their skating skills and performance ability simply stood out, compared to the rest here, or for me at least. The podium was just I had hoped for (in any order)!

"Sometimes things do not go/turn out as planned or smoothly as hoped for, and this has become kind of my norm lately. So (a bit ironically to say) the thing not having turned out as planned were like as if planned as far as me concerned", Dai said somewhere I heard...(((Daisuke))) Then he added, "How do I feel the situation I am dealing with right now? 'Damn it!' I would say." (ETA: Dai actually said 'くっそー' in Japanese, so I would rather translate as 'You shall see come Nats!') From the way it sounds, I think he does not lose his fighting spirit at least. Get well soon, Daisuke!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful description of a great skater having a great day!

0 Not allowed!
    As always deedee love your first hand report of Dai's FS at NHK, it was a "dream" wasn't it.

0 Not allowed!
    deedee1, off topic, did you attend any of the ice dance competition?

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I did, actually. But been weeks since NHK and too late to write something in the Comp thread, I thought... I will do so when I have time, if any of you would be interested.

0 Not allowed!
    I would definitely be interested!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Me too!

0 Not allowed!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    x 3,000 to demarinis for posting great news and saving my day!!!

0 Not allowed!
    A nice lengthy piece on CNN on Daisuke! Also features a nearly 3-minute video. Part of CNN's Human to Hero series.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/11/sp...igure-skating/

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    A nice lengthy piece on CNN on Daisuke! Also features a nearly 3-minute video. Part of CNN's Human to Hero series.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/11/sp...igure-skating/
    Thanks! Loved his 3F-3L.

No news updated on his injury so far, but believing no news is good news, here is latest Daisuke! http://ameblo.jp/marienbethkyoryuchi...716879301.html

0 Not allowed!
    ^Dai is getting his hair done, he must be feeling good. lol

He sure looks great!

0 Not allowed!
    Here is an recent article by Takaomi Matsubara

http://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/768392

Ganbare-Dai-chan!!!!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I am going to J-Nats this weekend. To root for all skaters who dream to get compete at the Games, and to say a big 'thank-you' & 'goodbye' to those who plan to retire after this season so meaning their final Nats: Dai, Mao, Akiko, Miki, Nobu, probably the Reeds...oh so many! whom I have loved and rooted for all these years...Whatever its outcome shall be, it's going to be very emotional for all these wonderful skaters and its fans.

As for Daisuke, we now know thru his book 'BeSoul2' that he has been competing while quite in pain over a year (and the pain got really worse before London Worlds 2013 and since...), so I have a very very mixed feeling on his decision to compete at the J-Nats, to be honest. But if that's his wish and his team's decision, with a green light from his doctor, then as his fan I just wish him good luck, hope he won't damage his knee further and will root for him with all of my heart, just the way I have been always doing.
    I know not all of his fans on this GS Forum can be there, of course, but I want to believe you all being by my side at the arena and rooting for him with me. And Dai sure needs support and big cheers from you all, as usual and probably more than ever!

ETA Millions of thank-you to demarinis from me. in many ways!

Page 76 of 199 FirstFirst ... 26 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 126 176 ... LastLast