Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    So amazing. I don't think Daisuke is angry at all or even scared of Yuzuru. I seriously think that next year he might be World Champion again. But the Silver Medal, I'm so happy for him. And I had a little "Aww" moment when he grabbed that little girl and kissed her. So sweet.

Custom Title
    I think Takahashi and Camerlengo shrugged when they saw the score. I won't blame them if they couldn't understand why Takahahis's PCS was so low. I can't understand either. It was GPF all over again. They reworked the choreography after 4CC to raise PCS, but it had little effect.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Dai just confirmed what I already knew - that his spirit won't let him rest with anything but perfection. Thankfully he seems to have found a way to be at peace with his perfectionism (a quality that can take all pleasure out of life). I look at those programs and marvel. Thank you, Daisuke, for using every drop of strength and talent God gave you to make the brilliant, unforgettable programs of this season and this Worlds!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeko666 View Post
    I think Takahashi and Camerlengo shrugged when they saw the score. I won't blame them if they couldn't understand why Takahahis's PCS was so low. I can't understand either. It was GPF all over again. They reworked the choreography after 4CC to raise PCS, but it had little effect.
    I shrugged too....he was so obviously lowballed here...

This will only motivate him to work even harder!! Plus it is evident that Daisuke fears Yuzuru (he even said so himself) and doesn't want to lose to him. This will definitely inspire him to work even harder to avoid being taken over by Yuzuru, and to beat Patrick.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Congratulations to Dai & his fans! His silver medal performance was just lovely! And his quad is coming back! That performance is definitely one I will save and watch over again!
    Yes, this is the skate I too will treasure from Worlds. The way he uses his arms and shifts balance to evoke the rhythm of the music is splendid. I love the way the footwork seems to spring from the music. It doesn't look like an item to be checked off on a list. And that final arched-back spin...stupendous. And he has a quad back!

When I see a program like this, I don't care how many points he eked out from this jump or that landing, or whether someone else got more tenths of points at that stage of his routine. This is one of those moments that reminds me why I'm a skating fan. Years from now, as with Michelle's 1998 Lyra Angelica, I'll be watching this when I want to feel better, to celebrate feeling good, or to remind myself that there is beauty in the world. Thank you, Daisuke!

Wow, I said Dai and Hanyu could go and maybe likely would go 2 and 3 if they skated well. Hanyu got bronze as the new Japanese wunderkind with a hard fall on jump. I have not seen other than the podium men skates and Javier's Sp (he looks like a young Orser, LOL) but they did indeed promote him. Is this (it must be the first Asian men's sweep of podium?) I know Pat skates for Canada but he is ethnic chinese and has the build, the heritage, the work ethic. It is to be noted.

Dai was wonderful. I don't think he looked cautious, but watching on internet is nothing like live. My "new" laptop (back to PC-so confused) has poor sound) so I will rewatch if they are still up when I can. I too, Olympia was not looking for subtle flaws with Patrick, or adding up jumps, or looking for Dai's mistakes. Dai is still the artist, and I think he is sublime. Patrick's programs don't earn that so far. Next year, I am curious to see how Pat gets choreographed, but we knew he'd win, and he skated well. Were his PCS scores legitimately higher? I can't tell. So much goes on in CoP only experts or avid watchers know what is fair anymore. As a performance, I preferred Dai, as I often do. I watched many ladies skate their sp's on Youtube and was surprised at all the lowballing. I saw a lot of good skating. I wonder if the LPs will convince me of whatever order they came in. All of us who knew Caro was near as gold as Chan can say were right.

Hanyu is on fire-he is a compteitor and could be beating an early season Patrick next season should Pat fall 2-3 times in early season skates. This kid could definitely be an OGM. He seems destined for the Sochi Podium. I hope Dai can hang in there with Hanyu smoking up the ice. Good skating, guys.
    Last edited by skateluvr; 03-31-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Custom Title
    ^ Hanyu didn't fall on a jump. He had a fluke/random fall on a step-sequence (?) element. Yes, I think this is the first Asian sweep! :D

Congrats Dai. Wonderful skate. to the Japanese skaters. Such depth and talent.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I rewatched his lp this morning but then I thought, lets see his sp again also and I remembered how intense it was! RockStar on Ice

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Dai just confirmed what I already knew - that his spirit won't let him rest with anything but perfection. Thankfully he seems to have found a way to be at peace with his perfectionism (a quality that can take all pleasure out of life). I look at those programs and marvel. Thank you, Daisuke, for using every drop of strength and talent God gave you to make the brilliant, unforgettable programs of this season and this Worlds!
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post

Fierce Daisha Fierce is Fierce.

FIERCE.

Hehehe.

Custom Title
    Thank you Daisuke:

for giving us the most brilliant 2 performances at the recent Worlds in Nice which I will never forget, along with your other many performances in the past.

On such a night, I can easily let myself forget about the tensions created during competitions, all the boo-boos about points or placements afterword, or even forget that I am actually watching a competition. On such a night, out of many nights you have already given me Dai, when I get to see performances full of your life, heart and passion, I just let myself enjoy the moments with sheer joy of figure skating and pure love for the sport.

Thank you again Daisuke:

for not having given up your skating when injured your knee, for not having retired after 2010 Vancouver Olympics, for having decided to continue even after such disappointing 2010-11 season for you, and giving fans more opportunities to get to see your performances from now on.

Thank you David Wilson, Pasquale Camerlengo and Kenji Miyamoto:

for creating beacutiful programs for Dai this season, which many believe a 'masterpiece' without doubt.
    You are such great choreographers who can create beautiful, original, unique, the one and only in its own way, while properly, courteously and professioanally coping with COP rules, which sometimes sound so stupid (oops, apologies for my rudeness!). I indeed look forward to more of such brilliant programs choreographed by you for Dai.

Thank you Utako sensei, Takeshi sensei, team D1sk and many others:

for having always supported Dai on his good days and bad days. I would be even more grateful for you if you keep doing so, until he finally decides to take off his skating boots.

Thank you Skating God:

for reminding me ONCE AGAIN why I fell in love with figure skating years ago, whenever I feel a little uncomfortable with the irrational side of so-called 'grading sports, and/or want to turn my back on this sport.

And most importantly, thank you Skating God:

for creating Daisuke himself born to skate for the sake of figure skating; both as one of 'the most athletically-demanding sports' and 'finest-perfoming arts', and for the sake of its fans all over the worlds.

I am sure of myself, that I will watch Dai's performances at this year's Worlds in Nice, which are true 'gems', over and over again for many years to come, as long as I am a fan of this beautiful sport.
    Last edited by deedee1; 04-01-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Custom Title
    By posting the above and reminding it myself one more time, I feel much better now.

I was so much mesmerized by so many good FS performances in Men's field, which I had never expected prior to it. I was over the moon for Dai capturing the silver medal.

I started my fantastic night of figure skating by watching Mens FS via online steraming (which was kindly posted by aucer, thank you for that!) at 8pm in our time, then after 2 groups I went to TV for live, airing by FUji TV a Japanese network for another three hours. Then at midnight, having two cups of freshly-brewered strong coffee and chatting with my husband, who by the way is a big Akiko fan (we have a good taste for skaters, donot we?), waited until the start of Ladies FS.

Then again my husband and I went back to online streaming and overjoyed by Carolina and Akiko for their happy endings to finally reach one of their ultimate goals in its own way, to end our fantastic night at 5am.
    I was so happy and excited for all skaters we could get to watch, that I could hardly get to sleep in the morning.

For me, Dai's was already the winning performance that night regardless his win or not, and I had no complain on the overall placements, because Dai made a costly mistake on his bombo jumps in SP, and because usually Patrick is much stronger in TES.

So I was just happy for his achievement and narrowing the gap between the two, and I thought it will give Dai another fire and determination next year.

Until I looked at the protocols.

After re-watching his LP a couple of times (first time out on live I was too nervous to notice it), I undersood how much Pasquale and Dai re-choreographed free program after 4CC, and how hard Dai and his team worked on it.

I just could not agree what the protocol tells me to agree.

Before checking the protocols, I thoght Dai lost in TES. But boy, it wasn't...Did not the judges see the same performance I saw? Did not they notice how many of transitions more added to his program? Did not they see he was just flying over the ice that night and covered the ice, say, 30% more than the previously choerographed one?

I understood his lower PCS 85+, because judges wanted to save some for later skaters who did outskate Dai in SP. But when these two skaters did not skate as good as Dai, why not the judges gave the PCS, at least on par with Dai's?

That was my first thoght. I just could not agree what COP forces me to agree.
    I have no energy to read 75-page long thread on Men FS, or have the English vocabularies enough to challenge a debate with some of you who are so expert on COP rules...

I am okay with Dai's result, as usual. I can, somehow, always make peace with it. He is just such special to me as a skater.

But what makes me harder to make peace with is, for instance, when witnessing Brain, who skated 2 near-perfect programs and won audience's heart, could not even get on the podium. His programs might not be COP friendly. I know that. But he was the most cleanest who skated out of the top 7.

And when witnessing that judges always lowbelled Kevin Reynolds in PCS no matter what. I am no expert in judging, but even I could see how hard he and his coach have worked over the years to improve his weak PCS. And how much he has progressed as a skater, coping with what COP requires him to do, whether it might be a little by little, I could see it in him every season, and makes me smile every season.

I am a kind of burnt out and fet up with COP skating, it seems.
    I need a break, a timeoff from it for the time being. Seriously...

I am planning to go to the World Team Trophy, already bought tickets.
    Probably a good idea for me not to think about this sport I loved for so long, and to stop posting here until WTT is over, I guess.

But can I tell you something? Because I may go back to one of ordinary lurkers on this forums after World Team Trophy, or may stop enjoying this sport when Dai retires from competitive skating.

This rules seriously need some changes. Now. Before losing another popularity of this sport.

My sincere apologies if I have offended feeling of fans of other skaters.
    My point is questioning about COP itself as the system, not any of specific skaters. I respect and love all skaters out there so much.
    Last edited by deedee1; 04-02-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast