Daisuke Takahashi | Page 80 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I wonder how they got him to sing on this show? :slink:

Thank God for Dai, looking forward to see Kissing You.

Edit: Here it is! Kissing You!
http://youtu.be/HQJ4XblPkGU

Thanks ionap! Loving this exhibition the more I see of it. Daisuke holds the eye even in the nearly ten seconds at the beginning before he even moves. It is a nuanced performance; glad the video had good camera work to capture his every expression and minute movement, even the trembling of the fingers of his outstretched hand and the convulsive movement of his throat. (3:21) He really lived that skate.

Thanks also to mikaboo and jimeonji for their posts on the show.

cdngirl

On the Ice
As per usual, Daisuke did not disappoint. His performances are absolutely beautiful! No one can put so much emotion into their performance like he can. He's so magnificent on the ice and in a class of his own. Poor Yuzuru. I felt so bad for him when the singer was slightly off. It must be hard to skate to music you're not really feeling.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The cuteness of Dai with Yuzuru rising out of the floor just about killed me. How can anyone not love them? I have a dream now to see them do a pairs skate to "Kissing You"... :slink:

Meoima

Match Penalty
The cuteness of Dai with Yuzuru rising out of the floor just about killed me. How can anyone not love them? I have a dream now to see them do a pairs skate to "Kissing You"... :slink:
With 2 of them demonstrate real kiss? Huh! :popcorn: I am sure figure skating world would explode with...whatever you could think of. :biggrin:

As per usual, Daisuke did not disappoint. His performances are absolutely beautiful! No one can put so much emotion into their performance like he can. He's so magnificent on the ice and in a class of his own. Poor Yuzuru. I felt so bad for him when the singer was slightly off. It must be hard to skate to music you're not really feeling.
A great fan has just edited the audio version of Yuzuru's program. She changed the background sound with the audio version. His movements look very sync-in with the music, not bad at all:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yuem3_yuzuru-hanyu-foi-2014_sport#from=embediframe

I hope we can do that for Dai's performance, too. It would look much better.

cdngirl

On the Ice
With 2 of them demonstrate real kiss? Huh! :popcorn: I am sure figure skating world would explode with...whatever you could think of. :biggrin:

A great fan has just edited the audio version of Yuzuru's program. She changed the background sound with the audio version. His movements look very sync-in with the music, not bad at all:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yuem3_yuzuru-hanyu-foi-2014_sport#from=embediframe

I hope we can do that for Dai's performance, too. It would look much better.

Thanks Meoima for the new and improved version of Yuzuru's performance. Fortunately for Daisuke I didn't find his number with the singer too bad and I'm referring to the singer's voice, not Daisuke's performance of course. But poor Yuzuru. The singer was noticeably off throughout most of his performance. I'm actually feeling a bit bad for the singer because from what I've read he's popular in Japan so I hope he doesn't read these threads. Imagine your vocals being replaced because the viewers can't stand to listen to it. Kind of sad. Yuzuru's fan did a great job with the edit. And it struck me, while watching the new version, that Yuruzu deserves huge kudos for skating as well as he did to the live vocals.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Thanks Meoima for the new and improved version of Yuzuru's performance. Fortunately for Daisuke I didn't find his number with the singer too bad and I'm referring to the singer's voice, not Daisuke's performance of course. But poor Yuzuru. The singer was noticeably off throughout most of his performance. I'm actually feeling a bit bad for the singer because from what I've read he's popular in Japan so I hope he doesn't read these threads. Imagine your vocals being replaced because the viewers can't stand to listen to it. Kind of sad. Yuzuru's fan did a great job with the edit. And it struck me, while watching the new version, that Yuruzu deserves huge kudos for skating as well as he did to the live vocals.
As far as I've known, it's still the singer's voice. And that song was his hit long time ago. They only use his audio version from years ago for better quality.

We can't blame him for being off-key because he is 58 years old already (I mean he is as old as my mum:eek:). We should have given kudos to the singer because he didn't lipsync (but actually I wish he did:slink:).

And yes, thank God the singer didn't sound bad when he sang for Dai to perform. Maybe he was too tired when it's Yuzuru's turn. Anyway, HORAY FOR DAI today!!! He performed awesome!! :love: My love!

ioanna

Record Breaker
Considering the fact that there are many other FaOI shows they have to do, I wonder if they're going to repeat the rising up from under the floor thing or if it was just a one-off thing specially made for the televised edition. I have a feeling Dai is the one responsible for that pose. :laugh:

Pairs or not they should definitely do a number together some time. Today they proved they look good next to each other ;)

Dai deserves the biggest applause for delivering two perfect and heartfelt programs.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Denis is doing a wonderful job for his federation and country. I hope Dai will join Denis next year in his ice show.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
For someone whose knees are in pretty bad shape, Dai's jumps in the Hiromi Go program looked very light and effortless. A bit off in the opening, but no more so than everyone else. Argh at the singing though. Imo, not a whole lot better than in Yuzu's program. Age isn't an excuse. There are tenors hitting glorious high notes well into their 60s... (I do, however, give the guy props for not lip-syncing. I wouldn't be so harsh if the poor skaters didn't need to, y'know, skate to it.)

:eek::love::slink:

One requirement: Yuzu must play the princess. Dai is too manly for the job. I know Yuzu's taller, but he shouldn't be too hard to hull around--he's so thin and barely seems to weigh anything!

Btw, weird place to ask this, but is one of the commentators Fumie Suguri?! I heard them say "Suguri-san" during the opening.

cdngirl

On the Ice
Considering the fact that there are many other FaOI shows they have to do, I wonder if they're going to repeat the rising up from under the floor thing or if it was just a one-off thing specially made for the televised edition. I have a feeling Dai is the one responsible for that pose. :laugh:

Pairs or not they should definitely do a number together some time. Today they proved they look good next to each other ;)

Dai deserves the biggest applause for delivering two perfect and heartfelt programs.

Once again you are right, Meoima. I was aware that it was the singer's original version on the new and improved version of Yuzuru's performance. I do feel bad that we were all a little disappointed with the vocals. There could be reasons for him being a bit off. Perhaps he wasn't feeling well or his ear piece wasn't working so he couldn't hear the music. At 58 he should still be able to sing if Madonna and Mick Jagger can do it. However, he does deserve kudos for not lip-synching. Just so relieved he was pretty much on throughout Daisuke's performance with him.

cdngirl

On the Ice
For someone whose knees are in pretty bad shape, Dai's jumps in the Hiromi Go program looked very light and effortless. A bit off in the opening, but no more so than everyone else. Argh at the singing though. Imo, not a whole lot better than in Yuzu's program. Age isn't an excuse. There are tenors hitting glorious high notes well into their 60s... (I do, however, give the guy props for not lip-syncing. I wouldn't be so harsh if the poor skaters didn't need to, y'know, skate to it.)

:eek::love::slink:

One requirement: Yuzu must play the princess. Dai is too manly for the job. I know Yuzu's taller, but he shouldn't be too hard to hull around--he's so thin and barely seems to weigh anything!

Btw, weird place to ask this, but is one of the commentators Fumie Suguri?! I heard them say "Suguri-san" during the opening.

Thanks for bringing up the knee issues, Sandpiper. I always forget when I'm watching each performance because he skates so incredibly well that I forget he's injured. Then after the performance I always try to reassure myself that all is well in his world. I do hope he finds the time to rest in between all of the upcoming shows.

cdngirl

On the Ice
Denis is doing a wonderful job for his federation and country. I hope Dai will join Denis next year in his ice show.

I agree Meoima. I know that I'd certainly love to visit Kazakhstan one day simply from what I've seen with Denis' show and the outings he took the cast on. It looked like they were all enjoying it. I love Denis and Daisuke together. They make a great team. Denis is an awesome ambassador for his country.

ioanna

Record Breaker
http://instagram.com/p/o9v4vrl_M4/ with Miki and Yuzu (for those dreaming about kissing... I guess this is about halfway there)
The magical P&G couple saga continues.

Adding this gif set from tumblr of the magical couple in the finale (source)

Daizuru holding hands
Daizuru bowing
Daizuru applauding each other

Yep, they definitely need to switch to pairs.

And finally, Tatiana posted this on her instagram
http://instagram.com/p/o-O9lpj_ol/

I heard that too but they said a different first name and her voice is different.