ISU World Team Trophy, April 2012, Tokyo | Page 17 | Golden Skate

ISU World Team Trophy, April 2012, Tokyo

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Oh please, let's talk, do not use such a nasty word...I have never expected such a word from you.:biggrin:
You've been on this forum for a long time. You are much trusted by skating fans in Japan who lurk this forum than me. Those who saw my post and are planning to go there this weekend, may change their mind again and decide not to go. :laugh:

Anyway, thanks a lot for your advice on the weather and warmer clothes!
I've got a blanket, gloves, and hot tea in my bag.
Well, Yoyogi is maybe less comfortable than Tokyo Gymnasium where the Worlds-2007 was held, or Saitama Super arena where Japan Open took place this season. But it has a much more convenient location and today it wasn't cold at all. I didn't need any blanket or gloves. Some toilets for boys became toilets for girls, so the facilities didn't take much time either. Of course they have cafes and vending machines (VM don't take Suica/Pasmo cards, make sure you have coins or 1,000 yen banknotes if you plan to use them). Also, for those who are interested they have pretty good choice of stuff like DVD movies with Dai, Mao, others , FS-focused magazines, a new book of Yuzuru, etc. Today the first bowl was full. But in the second bowl there were empty seats. Hope they will be all occupied over the coming weekend. :)

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Could anyone post links to videos here if u have them?I write in youtube in English but there are no results...Maybe some japanese links?

thanks in advance!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Well, Yoyogi is maybe less comfortable than Tokyo Gymnasium where the Worlds-2007 was held, or Saitama Super arena where Japan Open took place this season. But it has a much more convenient location and today it wasn't cold at all. I didn't need any blanket or gloves. Some toilets for boys became toilets for girls, so the facilities didn't take much time either. Of course they have cafes and vending machines (VM don't take Suica/Pasmo cards, make sure you have coins or 1,000 yen banknotes if you plan to use them). Also, for those who are interested they have pretty good choice of stuff like DVD movies with Dai, Mao, others , FS-focused magazines, a new book of Yuzuru, etc. Today the first bowl was full. But in the second bowl there were empty seats. Hope they will be all occupied over the coming weekend. :)

Thank you, let's talk! for more detailed updates on the venue and and event, and encouraging people to come in a more positive way. :agree:
One of the reasons I would prefer Yoyogi is its location, as you indicated.

Yeah, I agree. On-ice Arena appeared full house, and 90% full on the lower deck. But half-empty on the upper deck. Because it was Thurday, maybe? I hope more people will show up for the weekend, too.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
let's talk & deedee, I hope you will have time to write us your thoughts on the event.

It looks like it is a very fun competition! And there has been some very good skating so far too!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Can you vote if you don't tweet?

The language from the top of the ballot:
"You must have a Twitter account to answer this poll/survey.
You will be asked to verify your account via oAuth when you submit your answer!"