Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU World Team Trophy, April 2012, Tokyo

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Does anyone know whether the skaters are looking forward to this? It seems like it would be a sup-par event coming just as the last bit of momentum from Worlds drains away.
    It's a sub-par event that pays 30,000 sub-par dollars.

Custom Title
    Nagasu has recently tweeted that she's been training by herself, but not doing her programs. So I doubt that USFS will choose her for WTT.

Does anyone know whether the skaters are looking forward to this? It seems like it would be a sup-par event coming just as the last bit of momentum from Worlds drains away.
    This came up on the first page of this thread - this was my response then. It looked to me like the skaters had fun and got some nice prize money in a low pressure-situation. IIRC, at least one or two French skaters spoke earlier this season about how they hoped to qualify for it again.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Actually, on recalling that this event is rescheduled from last year after having been cancelled due to the earthquake, I think there should be a lot of joy this year, especially after Japan did so well at Worlds (apart from poor Mao). Please excuse me if this is somewhere else but does anyone know if it will be viewable live outside Japan? There's nothing on IN or isu.org as far as I can see.

Custom Title
    Please excuse me if this is somewhere else but does anyone know if it will be viewable live outside Japan? There's nothing on IN or isu.org as far as I can see.
    What often happens is that we think we won't be able to watch. Then the day of the event, somebody comes up with a live feed from some obscure web page nobody ever heard of.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Actually, on recalling that this event is rescheduled from last year after having been cancelled due to the earthquake, I think there should be a lot of joy this year, especially after Japan did so well at Worlds (apart from poor Mao). Please excuse me if this is somewhere else but does anyone know if it will be viewable live outside Japan? There's nothing on IN or isu.org as far as I can see.
    Love your point about Japan being able to host this event a year later, Spun Silver! Absolutely a cause for joy.

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    What often happens is that we think we won't be able to watch. Then the day of the event, somebody comes up with a live feed from some obscure web page nobody ever heard of.
    Yes, many thanks to those who posted links for Nice. Fingers crossed for WTT.

[FYI, I seem to recall that during one of the CBC online chats for Worlds, people were asking PJ Kwong and the male moderator (sorry, don't know his name) whether CBC would be airing and/or streaming WTT. They didn't have an answer yet -- didn't rule it out or in. If they do have anything online, I imagine that it once again will be geoblocked for those of us outside Canada. .]

Custom Title
    Actually I am a little nervous as there are indications of impending quakes in Japan. But the event will be held in Tokyo, right? The buildings there are earthquake proof. The main cause of the disaster last year was not the quake but the Tsunami and resulting nuclear meltdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Yeah... I just hope it won't be one of those that requires you to download mystery software and has a bazillion popups and gross ads. I hate that. Don't mean to kvetch, though. I am grateful, I am grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Actually I am a little nervous as there are indications of impending quakes in Japan. But the event will be held in Tokyo, right? The buildings there are earthquake proof. The main cause of the disaster last year was not the quake but the Tsunami and resulting nuclear meltdowns.
    *Hits head.* Of course I meant to say the tsunami. Thank you.

Custom Title
    Earthquakes in Japan (even without tsunamis) might cause some disruptions to power.

Meryl Davis tweet re going to Japan

This morning, @Meryl_Davis tweeted:

"From the Cote d'azur to the Big Apple, we're finally homeward bound...whew! So ready <3 Next stop: Japan!"

[So not 100% confirmation that D/W will compete in WTT -- but it gives hope to ice-dance fans!]

Custom Title
    Does anyone know where this will be broadcast or streamed?

Medalist
    I think KeyholeTV is the only way to watch.

D/W will compete at WTT - Meryl said so back in Nice

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    This morning, @Meryl_Davis tweeted:

"From the Cote d'azur to the Big Apple, we're finally homeward bound...whew! So ready <3 Next stop: Japan!"

[So not 100% confirmation that D/W will compete in WTT -- but it gives hope to ice-dance fans!]
    Turns out that Meryl already had give the definitive word days ago:

During Q & A at FD small medal ceremony in Nice, she said that D/W will compete at WTT. (Answering the same question, Scott had just finished saying that V/M will compete there.)

"annafedorovna" yesterday posted YT video of the ceremony (thanks!).

Harder to hear what Nathalie said, but sounded to me as if P/B fully intended to compete at WTT as well, as long as France qualified (which was not yet known at the time).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nena View Post
    I think KeyholeTV is the only way to watch.
    It seems like that. The TV guide is here: www.tv-asahi.co.jp/figure/wtt/ On 19th and 20th starts at 7pm, on 21st and 22nd starts at 6:30pm and 6:56pm Japan time.

For those who are in Japan the two other Asahi channels (not available online) will also show the event: BS Asahi www.bs-asahi.co.jp/figure_kunibetsu2012/ and the sky channel Asahi Newstar www.tv-asahi.co.jp/newstar/ on 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd starts at 00:00.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast