Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: ISU World Team Trophy, April 2012, Tokyo

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by romanoff81 View Post
    they can switch federations and skate for Canada, Mervin is canadian and his partner has already been living in Canada for 5 years the coaching team is canadian as well.
    There have been a few comments in Canadian publications that it is time to bring Mervin Tran back skating for Canada and get him a Canadian partner.

Custom Title
    The WTT prize money is generous not only in its amount ($1M) but also in its rather even distribution so any participant will wins an nice equitable amount. A winning team member will win $25,000 while a skater from the last placed team will receive $16,250, assuming a prize is shared equally by all eight members including each of the Pairs and Dance partners. This is such an opportunity for some skaters not usually on the big event podium.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Simoncat View Post
    There have been a few comments in Canadian publications that it is time to bring Mervin Tran back skating for Canada and get him a Canadian partner.
    I think Takahashi and Tran are a good match, and have so much appeal as a team. Mervin wouldn't be the same with a different partner - he would lose his appeal imho.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    The WTT prize money is generous not only in its amount ($1M) but also in its rather even distribution so any participant will wins an nice equitable amount. A winning team member will win $25,000 while a skater from the last placed team will receive $16,250, assuming a prize is shared equally by all eight members including each of the Pairs and Dance partners. This is such an opportunity for some skaters not usually on the big event podium.
    ITA that WTT is a good opportunity for skaters in terms of prize money. Two little details for those who care about the fine print:
    - The skating federation of each country is allowed to keep up to 10% of the team's prize money.
    - And the shares of the eight skaters are not exactly equal. Each singles skater receives 15% of the remaining amount. Each pair or dance couple receives 20%.

(The Japanese federation also is paying for travel expenses for skaters, judges, etc. - from all teams.)

Custom Title
    In revision, a winning team Single member's take will be $30K, and $40 per couple, and the lowest prizes will be $19,500/Single and $26K/couple. Not bad at all, for figure skaters. Especially when it is net.

Custom Title
    Here is some photos:

"Kiss & Cry" in its center and 6 cheering booths in the make!
    http://a.yfrog.com/img618/350/gurwj.jpg

http://yfrog.com/mndl3fjj
    Last edited by deedee1; 04-17-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Custom Title
    Updates on skaters:

-Kanako
    Hitting 3-3 a couple pf times. Looked delighted and in a great shape.
    Was all smiling and doing some funny steps!

-Patrick
    Showed up in the Mens practice today.
    Though it took him 13 hrs flight to Japan, he slept very well last night, he said.
    Hitting 4T. Looks in a great shape, too.

You can also follow the TV Asahi's official twitter, though it's in Japanese:

https://twitter.com/#!/figureskate5ch

Custom Title
    Here is hoping Patrick putting behind him the pressures and the distress of coaching change to bring us a flawless Aranjuez! And it better be uploaded to Youtube. Pronto.

Wishing all skaters a great time and their best skates!

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    The skating federation of each country is allowed to keep up to 10% of the team's prize money.
    That is an interesting rule. I believe the wording is that the federation can take no more than ten per cent. (In the past, some federations, like Russia, tended to take the whole thing in such shows. Maria Butyrskaya in particular lost a bundle over the years that wound in Piseev's pocket.) I wonder how much, if any, the various federations will actually take.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    That is an interesting rule. I believe the wording is that the federation can take no more than ten per cent. (In the past, some federations, like Russia, tended to take the whole thing in such shows. Maria Butyrskaya in particular lost a bundle over the years that wound in Piseev's pocket.) I wonder how much, if any, the various federations will actually take.
    Hi, Mathman! You are correct that I was paraphrasing, so I went back and looked up the exact ISU wording: "The ISU Member of Skaters who has been awarded prize money may retain a maximum of 10 %." (Not sure if you're saying that my paraphrasing and yours have different meanings - or at least have different nuances? "Up to 10%" vs. "no more than ten percent" seem equivalent to me??)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Updates on skaters:

-Kanako
    Hitting 3-3 a couple pf times. Looked delighted and in a great shape.
    Was all smiling and doing some funny steps!

-Patrick
    Showed up in the Mens practice today.
    Though it took him 13 hrs flight to Japan, he slept very well last night, he said.
    Hitting 4T. Looks in a great shape, too.

You can also follow the TV Asahi's official twitter, though it's in Japanese:

https://twitter.com/#!/figureskate5ch
    Thanks so much, Deedee!

Custom Title
    I am so happy there will be a live stream!! http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...ite/index.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    I am so happy there will be a live stream!! http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...ite/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    The french federation always takes the maximum 10%.
    Tax is also deducted from prize money.

Custom Title
    According to Alena Leonova's blog at a Russian new agency R-Sport website (in Russian), she has been ill and running a fever prior to her departure to Japan. She was off ice for one day, felt better next day (the day of departure), but once she got on the ice she realized that she was very weak and cannot do any triples :( She is determined to attend both practices tomorrow, though.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast