Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: ISU World Team Trophy, April 2012, Tokyo

Custom Title
    JapanSkates.com has practice reports.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 04-18-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Nobody likes Yoyogi. Yoyogi sucks. Also, tomorrow is gonna be colder. We will be there for 5 hours, so warmer clothes is a necessity.
    Oh please, let's talk, do not use such a nasty word...I have never expected such a word from you.
    You've been on this forum for a long time. You are much trusted by skating fans in Japan who lurk this forum than me. Those who saw my post and are planning to go there this weekend, may change their mind again and decide not to go.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your advice on the weather and warmer clothes!
    I've got a blanket, gloves, and hot tea in my bag.
    The only thing I have to do is to stay in the office three more hours pretend working , then off to Yoyogi! Yay!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    The only thing I have to do is to stay in the office three more hours pretend working , then off to Yoyogi! Yay!
    Deedee, have a wonderful time there!

Custom Title
    Photos are posted on ISU Facebook page. IceNetwork has some too.

Love the mascot's name - Go-chan! and the yummy food. :lick:

Custom Title
    TROPHY!!!

http://twitter.com/#!/figureskate5ch...990016/photo/1

And thanks, Blue! Gotta go now...deedee's running!

Custom Title
    TROPHY!!!

That is beautiful! But better let the winning federation's chief carry it home with insurance on it.

Have fun, deedee! We'll wait for your reports.

Custom Title
    TROPHY!!!

So envious of you! Wish I lived in Japan :'(

Banned
    Oh please, let's talk, do not use such a nasty word...I have never expected such a word from you.
    You've been on this forum for a long time. You are much trusted by skating fans in Japan who lurk this forum than me. Those who saw my post and are planning to go there this weekend, may change their mind again and decide not to go.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your advice on the weather and warmer clothes!
    I've got a blanket, gloves, and hot tea in my bag.
    Well, Yoyogi is maybe less comfortable than Tokyo Gymnasium where the Worlds-2007 was held, or Saitama Super arena where Japan Open took place this season. But it has a much more convenient location and today it wasn't cold at all. I didn't need any blanket or gloves. Some toilets for boys became toilets for girls, so the facilities didn't take much time either. Of course they have cafes and vending machines (VM don't take Suica/Pasmo cards, make sure you have coins or 1,000 yen banknotes if you plan to use them). Also, for those who are interested they have pretty good choice of stuff like DVD movies with Dai, Mao, others , FS-focused magazines, a new book of Yuzuru, etc. Today the first bowl was full. But in the second bowl there were empty seats. Hope they will be all occupied over the coming weekend.

Custom Title
    Could anyone post links to videos here if u have them?I write in youtube in English but there are no results...Maybe some japanese links?

thanks in advance!

Medalist
    koatcue - This answer is from a post in another World Team Trophy thread:

http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...ite/index.html

click on "More Channels" above and select World Team Trophy. You will find the videos there.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Your label says you are in Russia, so you can see the archived footage on the ISU website:

http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...ite/index.html

At the top of the page, click on More Channels.

Under More Channels, click on World Team Trophy.

At the bottom of the World Team Trophy page are pictures to click to see the SD, men's SP & ladies' SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Well, Yoyogi is maybe less comfortable than Tokyo Gymnasium where the Worlds-2007 was held, or Saitama Super arena where Japan Open took place this season. But it has a much more convenient location and today it wasn't cold at all. I didn't need any blanket or gloves. Some toilets for boys became toilets for girls, so the facilities didn't take much time either. Of course they have cafes and vending machines (VM don't take Suica/Pasmo cards, make sure you have coins or 1,000 yen banknotes if you plan to use them). Also, for those who are interested they have pretty good choice of stuff like DVD movies with Dai, Mao, others , FS-focused magazines, a new book of Yuzuru, etc. Today the first bowl was full. But in the second bowl there were empty seats. Hope they will be all occupied over the coming weekend.
    Thank you, let's talk! for more detailed updates on the venue and and event, and encouraging people to come in a more positive way.
    One of the reasons I would prefer Yoyogi is its location, as you indicated.

Yeah, I agree. On-ice Arena appeared full house, and 90% full on the lower deck. But half-empty on the upper deck. Because it was Thurday, maybe? I hope more people will show up for the weekend, too.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    let's talk & deedee, I hope you will have time to write us your thoughts on the event.

It looks like it is a very fun competition! And there has been some very good skating so far too!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Photos are posted on ISU Facebook page. IceNetwork has some too
    lol they pulled Cinquanta's pic after all those comments

Custom Title
    GOOD LUCK Tomorrow to all teams--good job all

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast