Downton Abbey | Golden Skate

Downton Abbey

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am loving this show. I wonder if Bates will be convicted of his wife's death. Anyone think that he is guilty?

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm enjoying this series, too.

I don't think Bates is guilty.....

Just wondering.... do you sometimes find the continuity choppy? By friend and I were talking about it .... I know they time jump, but sometimes it's disconcerting. i.e. Mary and Matthew hate each other 1 episode and then in the next, they are friends and then in love - all that during season 1. Also, Grantham and Jane.... I could see why she would feel grateful too him and understand why he might be lacking in attention, but it just seemed to happen a bit to quick or out of nowhere. I know it's a mini series - maybe they just have too many storylines going on to do them all justice.... the cast is a bit large for so few episodes.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I'm not totally sure but I don't think Bates is guilty. His code of honour is so strong. I don't think he is going to completely get off the charges though. Someone on FSU suggested that he might bop off to Australia as a convict with the maid. I could see that happening.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Anything's possible but I would be so disappointed if Bates is guilty. It's time for someone other than Sybil & her chauffeur to marry & have a happy future. I don't like Lady Mary & I think she deserves life without Matthew.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I may have missed the reason but why was Bates wife killed??? or hasn't that been brought up and why does anyone think she was killed, as in couldn't she have just died??? What are the reason for thinking she was killed??

heyang said:
Just wondering.... do you sometimes find the continuity choppy?

A double yes to that one.

I just love the home (the little shack :laugh: :laugh:) and I love their clothes.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Wasn't there a suggestion that she may have committed suicide? Then Bates told Anna that he had purchased the rat poison (think it was rats) when he & vera were back together & if the police found that out they might accuse him of murdering her, which apparently, they have.

heyang

Record Breaker
Wasn't there a suggestion that she may have committed suicide? Then Bates told Anna that he had purchased the rat poison (think it was rats) when he & vera were back together & if the police found that out they might accuse him of murdering her, which apparently, they have.

Yes, I believe you have the details correct. They found out she died of arsenic poisoning and that he had purchased it for her.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I missed an episode while I was away at 4 conts but isnt it obvious that Mary's "Fiancee" offed the wife? Remember his slogan, "Dont cross me!". And Mrs. Bates has the secrets to discredit his future wife.
If there wasnt a season III in production, I would guess that he gets caught, setting Mary free to marry her true love, who is regaining his legs....Bates then marries his true love.....everything works out just like Sense and Sensibility. Except there is the wretched season III comming up.....maybe that will deal with the Chauffeer and Sybil.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks! Last night , they showed all episodes of season II on my local affilite. I have this bad feeling that Sir Richard is going to make Mary marry him in season III by offering a bribe in the shape of evidence that Bates didnt kill his wife, if that happens and Sir Richard doesnt swing for the crime, I wont watch anymore!!!! I think we shall again see a pile more of emmies here. But there is only so much soap and I think they need to resolve the existing conflicts and come up with new ones....I don't think they had any idea just how big this phenomena would be, like no one knew how big Riverdance was going to be....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker