What happened to these promising US Skaters? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What happened to these promising US Skaters?

Either way, the guy's got good taste.

By the way, since we're talking of our Stars on Ice friends, I looked at Kristi's website after reading a thread on here about her. I thought she was no more than cute as a competitive skater. But in recent years, she's become quite beautiful. Maybe she always was, but she didn't know how to play it up? In any case, good for her!

Last edited:

Vash01

Medalist
Katia can skate solo without more than a double axel and hold our attention. She just flies softly over the ice. She gets better with age.

You are comparing pro/exhibition skating with eligible singles skating. That's apples and oranges. Katia mentioned in her book that she was not a strong jumper. Even in those days singles skaters needed jumps to win.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
That's true. I could never decide whether Scott had a secret crush on Katia Gordeeva or Kristi Yanmaguchi. :)

I think he felt more like a protector when it came to Katia... I don't think his "crush" on Yama was secret lol

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
I'm sorry to hear about Angela Maxwell quitting :no:
She was very unique and confident about that. I remember seeing her live about 1 1/2 years ago and she looked like she truly enjoyed skating...of course, some things seem to have changed since then if she didn't want to do it anymore. She had some really gorgeous jumps!

andante1139

Rinkside
Maybe start a discussion under all things russian...a quad twist? As a single skater I refer only to her shows. The pro comps were a joke. The gold medals got them on SOI and Scott Hamilton was the one who pushed Katia and the powers that decide to skate solo. Everyone in SOI loved G&G and the whole group wanted to take care of Katia, but Scott was her biggest fan, a very big fan indeed.

1997 Upside Down – Charlie Chaplin (KG & Scott H are both great performers)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x450c_1997-upside-down-charlie-chaplin_news

Ekaterina Gordeeva Russian folk routine 2003 (choreographed by her self with a pretty good spread eagle.
I've seen her dofing this move for her other programs about 2 times more.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX0IjJNtcgg

Last edited: