Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 255

Thread: International Challenge Cup - The Hague, Mar 8-11

  1. #46
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,163
    Likely you are on to something there, MM.

  2. #47
    Whippet Good!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ I think that is the key to why both Jeremy and Alissa came to this event. The person tweeting on the ladies said that Alissa messed up her triple-triple attempt, but otherwise did well. It looks like Alissa and Jeremy are trying it out in order to make a decission about what they should go for at worlds.
    That's actually a really good idea. It gives the skaters a chance to take risks before Worlds.

  3. #48
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Do I have this right? Abbott landed nothing but a 3Lz+3T and got 77 points?
    The panel seems to have been in a generous mood in other respects, too. Also, Jeremy did get good GOEs on everything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ I think that is the key to why both Jeremy and Alissa came to this event. The person tweeting on the ladies said that Alissa messed up her triple-triple attempt, but otherwise did well. It looks like Alissa and Jeremy are trying it out in order to make a decission about what they should go for at worlds.
    I think this event is kind of like baseball spring training for the top skaters who are entered - an opportunity to work on some stuff before it really counts. Amodio and Joubert going for the 4S in the SP would be another example; Amodio's tried it before in the SP, but not often, and Joubert hadn't attempted it in ages. So if the trend continues, maybe Kostner will try a 3Lz?

  4. #49
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,981
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    MM: he got credit for a rotated 3A (fall) and a 70% 4T (fall) as well.


    He gave a bad skate. The CoP says he gave a good skate.

    Sooner or later people are going to start to notice.

  5. #50
    Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,024
    I have to disagree. He would have needed to score 90 + for cop to say he gave a good skate., 70 + are now just ok skates

  6. #51
    take off the oven mitts
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    406
    would appreciate any info on haruna suzuki and carolina kostner. thanks in advance

  7. #52
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post


    He gave a bad skate. The CoP says he gave a good skate.

    Sooner or later people are going to start to notice.
    77 is a low-mid top 15 skate at Worlds. 90+ is a good skate.

  8. #53
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,005
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    77 is a low-mid top 15 skate at Worlds. 90+ is a good skate.
    Wouldn't 90+ be a really excellent skate though? We just haven't seen too many 90+ even from the top guys...

  9. #54
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,615
    I'm thinking 90+ is excellent, 80's really good, 70's....well, guess it depends on what everyone else does. MM makes a good point about possibly testing things out - I'd love to see them both bring their very very best to worlds. I only hope the travel back and forth doesn't mess things up for them.

    Thanks for reports and links!

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    207
    after 3 groups

    1 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 64.89 1
    2 Alissa CZISNY USA 59.82 2
    3 Valentina MARCHEI ITA 57.55 3
    4 Myriam LEUENBERGER SUI 48.31 4
    5 Lena MARROCCO FRA 47.76 5
    6 Kerstin FRANK AUT 47.66 6
    7 Haruna SUZUKI JPN 46.44 7
    8 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 45.63 8
    9 Manouk GIJSMAN NED 45.31 9
    10 Fleur MAXWELL LUX 45.14 10
    11 Cecillia TÖRN FIN 42.92 11
    12 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 42.06 12
    13 Henriikka HIETANIEMI FIN 40.07 13
    14 Rosaliina KUPARINEN FIN 38.90 14
    15 Kana MURAMOTO JPN 37.16 15
    16 Isabel DRESCHER GER 36.98 16
    17 Sandy HOFFMANN GER 32.47 17
    18 Dasa GRM SLO 30.19 18

  11. #56
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,032
    Great score for Caro, good for her!
    Last edited by demarinis5; 03-09-2012 at 04:26 PM.

  12. #57
    take off the oven mitts
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    after 3 groups

    1 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 64.89 1
    2 Alissa CZISNY USA 59.82 2
    3 Valentina MARCHEI ITA 57.55 3
    4 Myriam LEUENBERGER SUI 48.31 4
    5 Lena MARROCCO FRA 47.76 5
    6 Kerstin FRANK AUT 47.66 6
    7 Haruna SUZUKI JPN 46.44 7
    8 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 45.63 8
    9 Manouk GIJSMAN NED 45.31 9
    10 Fleur MAXWELL LUX 45.14 10
    11 Cecillia TÖRN FIN 42.92 11
    12 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 42.06 12
    13 Henriikka HIETANIEMI FIN 40.07 13
    14 Rosaliina KUPARINEN FIN 38.90 14
    15 Kana MURAMOTO JPN 37.16 15
    16 Isabel DRESCHER GER 36.98 16
    17 Sandy HOFFMANN GER 32.47 17
    18 Dasa GRM SLO 30.19 18

    thank you jiggs. i had no idea kana muramoto was at this event. can't tell from scores how people skated (thanks, COP!) but still good to see at least the scores! ^__^ i also wondered why only keiser was sent, and to 'junior'-- why not the other 8-13 level skaters from our senior nationals?

    first vid uploaded by official event channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV9c7...0kYBnqz6SLY%3D

  13. #58
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Amodio's PCS is worthty. Not only did he beat Joubert in every component but he received 8.25 for his SS even though his TR is just 6.75.
    Sorry guys but Amodio's skating skills are actually pretty great and deserve 8+, and yes even though he had low transitions I dont see why he shouldnt get high ss, cause normally these two scores shouldnt be mixed, from my point of view he is very fast, smooth and has clean great edges, he had the best SS at Euros.
    Last edited by seniorita; 03-09-2012 at 05:05 PM.

  14. #59
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,221
    Thanks to everybody for the reports and who landed what, much appreciated.

    First & foremost, CONGRATULATIONS to Brian Joubert for landing (& getting full credit) for *two* quads! Wow, he's really going all out, for that he has my utmost respect & awe. This tells me that, like Jeremy, he's testing out his full technical content & arsenal. And since he landed BOTH quads here, then I see him going for both at Worlds as well in a couple of weeks time.

    ***Note: I wish Brian would change his SP back to last year's, which I thought was a masterpiece, same with the LP, his "Ode to Joy" was exquisite. Jmho.***

    However, if I were Jeremy, I would play it safe and not go for the quad. His forte is artistry, whereas Brian's is technical, therefore I say each skater should capitalize on their own individual strengths, and in this case Jeremy's is the PCS. No shame in that whatsoever, especially when one is the very best in the world when it comes to presenting a program. (:^) Same goes for Alissa as well. (:^)

    NOW ONTO THE FS!

  15. #60
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Wouldn't 90+ be a really excellent skate though? We just haven't seen too many 90+ even from the top guys...
    Only four men have ever done it in the history of the CoP. Chan, Plushenko, Takahashi , and Lysacek.

    Comparing to the scoring at last year's worlds, Gachinski did 4T+3T, 3A, and 3Lo and got 78.34.

    It just doesn't look right when a skater falls on two of his three jumping passes and still scores that high. That's the kind of performance where the commentators say, "not the skate he was hoping for."

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •