Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: International Challenge Cup - The Hague, Mar 8-11

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Anybodys Mother View Post
    Shouldn't the ladies event have started yet? The results page isn't updating.
    in Europe we have 20.30 CET, that's two and a halv hours since the competition has started. According Timetable it should be the 4th group on ice

Custom Title
    Just saw the marks & the scoring for the Mens FS, but still awaiting the videos, which will tell me the true story of what happened.

For now, reading the judges scores, it doesn't look like a well skated FS either. Even Brian looked to have had some trouble on his 3A, though it seems he did his 4T without problem, and was the only man to successfully land a quad in the FS. After that it looks like falls all over the place once again. :(

Obviously what saved Jeremy is his drop dead gorgeous once-in-a-lifetime FS, outscoring Joubert by 10 pts., whereas what saved Brian is his technical, outscoring Abbott by 12 pts. in that regard.

All in all not a well skated event by the men. Brian needs to go back to his programs from last year. And they ALL need to skate C-L-E-A-N.

Imho none of these guys will make top 5, let alone top 10 with the way they skated here. :(

Jeremy needs to drop the quad, which messes up everything else when he doesn't land it, whereas if he skates *clean* with a lower jump content, but FABULOUS artistry & programs he has a realistic shot at making top 5, even perhaps a bronze medal if those above him falter (aka Takahashi, Gachinski, Kozuka, Song). Chan's a lock for the gold, but bronze is possible by a darkhorse like Jeremy. Jmho. Oops, as well as Joubert, if he brings back his old routines from last year, skates *clean* with one or two quads, depending on how everyone else does. He & Jeremy are in the same position imho, just different strengths.

Now I'm off to watch the Ladies SPs. (:^)

Custom Title
    Videos - Mens Free Skate

1. Brian JOUBERT (FRA) (1st in FS)
    2. Jeremy ABBOTT (USA) (2nd in FS)
    3. Samuel CONTESTI (ITA) (3rd in FS)
    Last edited by Mao88; 03-10-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Scores now online for the first three groups; Janet who's tweeting from the arena reports a massive score for Kostner, who skated first in the final group.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 03-10-2012 at 03:06 PM.

WOW 197.73 that means Caro got 130+ for her freeskate. GO Girl!!!

Good luck to Alissa!

On the Ice
    wow, Caro got more than 130?

Custom Title
    actually it seams she did two 3F. So now I hope all the chat should shut up

Tripping on the Podium
    That tweet doesn't sound good for Alissa:

"going down hard on multiple jumps."

Custom Title
    Just watched the top 3 SPs from the ladies.

Ahhh, watching Carolina was a delight because she's a natural organic jumper, always has been. I recall the first time I saw her skate I compared her with Oksana Baiul in the sense that she's a diamond. Fast, quick, light on her feet, with TWO 3/3 combos. in the old days. Just a delight to watch. (:^)

Then came Alissa, whom dare I say is even a tad better than Carolina when it comes to artistry, leastways in this program (it's honestly like comparing apples to apples, they have the same strengths). "La Vie en Rose" should be Alissa's signature piece, by far my favorite program of her ever (even eclipses her "Swan"). However, Alissa is not a natural organic jumper like Carolina, never has been, thus I honestly don't enjoy watching her jump, but to watch her skate & spin is another matter all together. If she had skated clean here in the SP, I might've given her the lead by .01, or else tied them, that's how close they are imho. (:^)

In contrast, Valentina Marchei was spicy & energetic, nice performance, but not comparable to the other two imho.

NOW ONTO THE FS, OLE!

Bad skate for Alissa into third.

Janet's not the only one updating from the rink today; a young skater named Sebastian Mellab is there and is tweeting jump PBPs.

I know it is not official yet but a big CONGRATS to Caro, cant wait to see the video.

Very happy for Valentina for coming in 2nd. Sad for Alissa she gets the bronze but just not her day.

Custom Title
    Aye yi yi, reading the tweets from Sebastian Mellab (btw thanks Buttercup) makes me very very worried that the USA may not make the magical #13 at Worlds this year in order to guarantee 3 spots for next year. And this goes for BOTH ladies & mens!

Honestly, now I'm wishing Gracie Gold will replace Alissa, if that's possible!?! Because I think Alissa is still suffering from injury in the same way that Rachael Flatt suffered from injury last year and still skated anyway, thereby bombing at Worlds, and also receiving a penalty from the USFSA for not disclosing it right away so that Mirai Nagasu could have replaced her...

Seriously, I know Agnes Zawadzki placed 3rd at Nationals, but Gracie's the ONE that should go. Jmho...

I wonder what the USFSA is going to do.

Custom Title
    ps: and of course CONGRATULATIONS TO MISS CAROLINA KOSTNER, THEE "DIAMOND"!!!!

Custom Title
    Extremely disappointing scores for Abbott and Czisney, no hope for success at worlds. I hope they prove my bitter remarks unfounded but .. sigh.. they will not..

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast