International Challenge Cup - The Hague, Mar 8-11 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

International Challenge Cup - The Hague, Mar 8-11

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Amodio's PCS is :eek: worthty. Not only did he beat Joubert in every component but he received 8.25 :unsure: for his SS even though his TR is just 6.75. Abbott's SS is 8.58, just 0.33 above Amodio's whereas Joubert received 7.75, both of which I consider pretty in line with what they usually show us. But Amodio?!

I just noticed protocols are up so will look at it for more details.

hmmmm
I'm guessing testing for a possible PCS inflation for Amodio in Nice for the 2012 Worlds
I'm still iffng Joubert is still competing as every season he competes he is damaging it more, he has passed his prime
and he could turn into a male Fumie Suguri

mskater93

Record Breaker
I believe Abbott deserves his PCS but two falls in the SP this close to Worlds does not bode well. He won his one GP event by coming third in both SP and LP but such favorable line-up of others' failing is not to be counted on at Worlds. I hope he does well in LP where he can leap over the others at this event if he lands his jumps. His only problem now is all about landing jumps.

Looks like Jeremy made a valiant attempt at a 4T in the SP (< and fall) which likely contributed to the fall on the 3A. He can:
1) continue to work on the 4T in the SP and hope he gets it by Worlds
2) go back to the safe SP layout

MM: he got credit for a rotated 3A (fall) and a 70% 4T (fall) as well.

Last edited:
^ I think that is the key to why both Jeremy and Alissa came to this event. The person tweeting on the ladies said that Alissa messed up her triple-triple attempt, but otherwise did well. It looks like Alissa and Jeremy are trying it out in order to make a decission about what they should go for at worlds.

Tesla

Final Flight
^ I think that is the key to why both Jeremy and Alissa came to this event. The person tweeting on the ladies said that Alissa messed up her triple-triple attempt, but otherwise did well. It looks like Alissa and Jeremy are trying it out in order to make a decission about what they should go for at worlds.

That's actually a really good idea. It gives the skaters a chance to take risks before Worlds.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Do I have this right? Abbott landed nothing but a 3Lz+3T and got 77 points?
The panel seems to have been in a generous mood in other respects, too. Also, Jeremy did get good GOEs on everything else.

I think this event is kind of like baseball spring training for the top skaters who are entered - an opportunity to work on some stuff before it really counts. Amodio and Joubert going for the 4S in the SP would be another example; Amodio's tried it before in the SP, but not often, and Joubert hadn't attempted it in ages. So if the trend continues, maybe Kostner will try a 3Lz? :thumbsup:

enlight78

Medalist
I have to disagree. He would have needed to score 90 + for cop to say he gave a good skate., 70 + are now just ok skates

skfan

Final Flight
would appreciate any info on haruna suzuki and carolina kostner. thanks in advance :)

emma

Record Breaker
I'm thinking 90+ is excellent, 80's really good, 70's....well, guess it depends on what everyone else does. MM makes a good point about possibly testing things out - I'd love to see them both bring their very very best to worlds. I only hope the travel back and forth doesn't mess things up for them.

Thanks for reports and links!

jiggs

On the Ice
after 3 groups

1 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 64.89 1
2 Alissa CZISNY USA 59.82 2
3 Valentina MARCHEI ITA 57.55 3
4 Myriam LEUENBERGER SUI 48.31 4
5 Lena MARROCCO FRA 47.76 5
6 Kerstin FRANK AUT 47.66 6
7 Haruna SUZUKI JPN 46.44 7
8 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 45.63 8
9 Manouk GIJSMAN NED 45.31 9
10 Fleur MAXWELL LUX 45.14 10
11 Cecillia TÖRN FIN 42.92 11
12 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 42.06 12
13 Henriikka HIETANIEMI FIN 40.07 13
14 Rosaliina KUPARINEN FIN 38.90 14
15 Kana MURAMOTO JPN 37.16 15
16 Isabel DRESCHER GER 36.98 16
17 Sandy HOFFMANN GER 32.47 17
18 Dasa GRM SLO 30.19 18

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great score for Caro, good for her!

Last edited:

skfan

Final Flight
after 3 groups

1 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 64.89 1
2 Alissa CZISNY USA 59.82 2
3 Valentina MARCHEI ITA 57.55 3
4 Myriam LEUENBERGER SUI 48.31 4
5 Lena MARROCCO FRA 47.76 5
6 Kerstin FRANK AUT 47.66 6
7 Haruna SUZUKI JPN 46.44 7
8 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 45.63 8
9 Manouk GIJSMAN NED 45.31 9
10 Fleur MAXWELL LUX 45.14 10
11 Cecillia TÖRN FIN 42.92 11
12 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 42.06 12
13 Henriikka HIETANIEMI FIN 40.07 13
14 Rosaliina KUPARINEN FIN 38.90 14
15 Kana MURAMOTO JPN 37.16 15
16 Isabel DRESCHER GER 36.98 16
17 Sandy HOFFMANN GER 32.47 17
18 Dasa GRM SLO 30.19 18

thank you jiggs. i had no idea kana muramoto was at this event. can't tell from scores how people skated (thanks, COP!) but still good to see at least the scores! ^__^ i also wondered why only keiser was sent, and to 'junior'-- why not the other 8-13 level skaters from our senior nationals?

first vid uploaded by official event channel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV9c...DvjVQa1PpcFOpsXRpFcb_k678eHkny9b50kYBnqz6SLY=

seniorita

Record Breaker
Amodio's PCS is :eek: worthty. Not only did he beat Joubert in every component but he received 8.25 :unsure: for his SS even though his TR is just 6.75.
Sorry guys but Amodio's skating skills are actually pretty great and deserve 8+, and yes even though he had low transitions I dont see why he shouldnt get high ss, cause normally these two scores shouldnt be mixed, from my point of view he is very fast, smooth and has clean great edges, he had the best SS at Euros.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks to everybody for the reports and who landed what, much appreciated. :)

First & foremost, CONGRATULATIONS to Brian Joubert for landing (& getting full credit) for *two* quads! :clap: :rock: Wow, he's really going all out, for that he has my utmost respect & awe. :bow: This tells me that, like Jeremy, he's testing out his full technical content & arsenal. And since he landed BOTH quads here, then I see him going for both at Worlds as well in a couple of weeks time. :cool:

***Note: I wish Brian would change his SP back to last year's, which I thought was a masterpiece, same with the LP, his "Ode to Joy" was exquisite. Jmho.***

However, if I were Jeremy, I would play it safe and not go for the quad. His forte is artistry, whereas Brian's is technical, therefore I say each skater should capitalize on their own individual strengths, and in this case Jeremy's is the PCS. No shame in that whatsoever, especially when one is the very best in the world when it comes to presenting a program. :)^) Same goes for Alissa as well. :)^)

NOW ONTO THE FS!

Wouldn't 90+ be a really excellent skate though? We just haven't seen too many 90+ even from the top guys...

Only four men have ever done it in the history of the CoP. Chan, Plushenko, Takahashi , and Lysacek.

Comparing to the scoring at last year's worlds, Gachinski did 4T+3T, 3A, and 3Lo and got 78.34.

It just doesn't look right when a skater falls on two of his three jumping passes and still scores that high. That's the kind of performance where the commentators say, "not the skate he was hoping for."