Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: International Challenge Cup - The Hague, Mar 8-11

Custom Title
    I don't think Alissa is suffering from an injury she's just not reliable. Which has been the story for most of her career.

Custom Title
    ps: and if Evan Lysacek had come back this year I would have replaced Jeremy Abbott at Worlds with him, Evan, citing injury. But since he did *not* come back, the Mens field is really shot. Unlike Ladies, whom have Gracie Gold to take Alissa's place.

Here's hoping the USFSA does what the Russian Federation is currently doing, monitoring & tracking & testing the best ONE to go to Worlds, as far as their Ladies go...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Aye yi yi, reading the tweets from Sebastian Mellab (btw thanks Buttercup) makes me very very worried that the USA may not make the magical #13 at Worlds this year in order to guarantee 3 spots for next year. And this goes for BOTH ladies & mens!

Honestly, now I'm wishing Gracie Gold will replace Alissa, if that's possible!?! Because I think Alissa is still suffering from injury in the same way that Rachael Flatt suffered from injury last year and still skated anyway, thereby bombing at Worlds, and also receiving a penalty from the USFSA for not disclosing it right away so that Mirai Nagasu could have replaced her...

Seriously, I know Agnes Zawadzki placed 3rd at Nationals, but Gracie's the ONE that should go. Jmho...

I wonder what the USFSA is going to do.
    Abbott's TES is abysmal but his PCS are saving him, but the problem this really speaks to is skaters getting held up at Nationals. Zhang skated better than Czisny at nationals and as of late is a much more consistent jumper, as is Gold. Rippon won't get anywhere close to the scores he got at Nats internationally and considering he's 0 for 4 in his quad attempts this season (not even getting credit for rotating any of them even) and his 3a is still problematic, the entry is still stalked, and even when he lands it cleanly (which is not that often), it's still small, tight, and he gets no flowout on the landing. Dornbush had an off-season but Miner would probably be the better choice to send, his international PCS are the same as Rippon's and he's more consistent and can at least land a solid 3a. After JW i'd even be tempted to send Josh Farris, his 3a is so much better than Rippon's and his PCS are nearly the same. All I'm saying is I'm gonna be shaking my head at USFS if Czisny and Rippon end up placing 9th and 12th at Worlds because they can't land their jumps and the international judges won't hand them huge components for mediocre performances like the US judges do...

Custom Title
    Unless Alissa and Jeremy get their act together we are looking at only two slots for US Mens and Ladies again.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Unless Alissa and Jeremy get their act together we are looking at only two slots for US Mens and Ladies again.
    Lol let's send Gracie Gold and Josh Farris instead!

Custom Title
    Carolina did 3Lo, 3F, 2A+3T, 3F+2T, 3S+2T, 3S. All jumps have + GOE. Now take this all you haters! The only jump missing is the lz, but she did two flips and a 2a3t.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Carolina did 3Lo, 3F, 2A+3T, 3F+2T, 3S+2T, 3S. All jumps have + GOE. Now take this all you haters! The only jump missing is the lz, but she did two flips and a 2a3t.
    I don't hate her. I'm glad for her win with improved technical content.

is there another page with results? the one isn't updating...

Custom Title
    Does anybody know whom are the USA alternates listed for Worlds? Specifically mens & ladies? I can't fiind it...

Custom Title
    Does anybody know whom are the USA alternates listed for Worlds? Specifically mens & ladies? I can't fiind it...
    Zawadzki, Zhang, and Nagasu I believe

then for men Miner, Mahbanoozadeh, and Dornbush? maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    That's great! Suppose everything works as she has planned for doing well at worlds

Agnes and Miner.

Custom Title
    I just found it, but thanks to everybody for letting me know as well.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00007572.htm

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00007571.htm

I give up, meaning I *hope* for the best, but expect the worst. :( And just when we need it the most, as 2013 Worlds will be crucial on so many levels, least of all the Team Event. *sigh*

Gracie Gold, cry, Gracie Gold...

Custom Title
    ps: and if Evan Lysacek had come back this year I would have replaced Jeremy Abbott at Worlds with him, Evan, citing injury. But since he did *not* come back, the Mens field is really shot. Unlike Ladies, whom have Gracie Gold to take Alissa's place.

Here's hoping the USFSA does what the Russian Federation is currently doing, monitoring & tracking & testing the best ONE to go to Worlds, as far as their Ladies go...
    Eh. Once Dornbush gets his mojo back he can do well. If Ross gets a quad and keeps up the consistency he's built, he can do well too. Josh Farris shows promise, if he can keep doing what he's doing and add the quad, he could be the next star. Ditto for Jason Brown and the 3a. Phillip Warren shows a lot of promise if he can get a 3a. Max Aaron is a very strong jumper and if he'd ditch Tom Z he could get better artistically. And Nathan Chen, well he's still too young until after Sochi but he's a child prodigy. Idk. I think the men will be fine, I think we're just in a bit of a transition period.

oh poor alissa...just looked at the protocols. that's the worst she's skated in a really long time. i have a feeling there's still doubts from that injury...i don't know. i have a feeling she's going to retire this year...i feel so bad for her. i love her skating...i hope she can pull it together for worlds.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast