03-10-2012, 04:43 PM
If, if, if, if doesn't get the job done. IF doesn't earn earn medals. Evan does. There's no *if* with him. I'd take Evan any day over the current crop of USA mens field, which I've always stated, and that's why I want him back. Dang. IF he could have only come back this year, lol, another IF.
03-10-2012, 04:43 PM
03-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Wow! Look at kostner's PDF! She's got only a negative GOE and the axel and low level on last two spins! so there's room for improvement! I'm happy she's doing two flips! And she gets 70 in components! It's about time! I know she won't get them at worlds even with a clean skate but she really should!
03-10-2012, 04:51 PM
I haven't seen the programs, but looking at the protocols I'm a bit shocked that a judge gave Alissa an 8 for Performance/Execution in a program with that many falls/pops.
03-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Videos - Ladies Free Skate
1. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) (1st in FS) and 2nd Copy
Last edited by Mao88; 03-11-2012 at 12:02 AM.
03-10-2012, 05:10 PM
She changed the program a lot!! I see more transition in the second part! I love it!
Originally Posted by Mao88
03-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Kostner doing two flips in the LP is a good thing. Her SP jump content was sub-junior. 3T-2T, 3Loop, as the main triples is beneath a world champion frontrunner! It is good to see two flips. Reaching for a flip as your hardest jump is pre-90's and very 80's. "Will she go for the flip?" is not something good. I would like to see a lutz. But if there are two flips that's a little better. I am not going to be over the moon about her SP ever. Even if she was successful with a 3T-3T it's silll unsettling. Kim Yu-Na had lutz and flip and Mao can do a 3A. There are skaters who don't do all triples and that's fine. I am not an all triple person. My opinon is that 3lz-3T or 3A to replace something you don't have is going far enough in one direction that you can leave out other jumps. Kostner with her 2 triple flips is showing prgress and some desire to do jumps but it's not like an impressive 3-3 or a 3A or doing flip and lutz.
03-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Then I take my words back since she does have more difficult jumps.
Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue
03-10-2012, 05:16 PM
What's up with Alissa? She didn't have a single successful triple jump. This is far from the calibre of a GPFinalist, let alone the champion. She and Kostner were the only elite Ladies in this event and she came in 5th behind the no names and had TES not much more than half of Carolina's. I can't believe it was all an issue of nerves. It was not even a major event and there was hardly a live audience.
03-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Wicked Yankee Girl
They'll go with Ashley & Alissa, unless Alissa says she's too injured.
AFAIR, then, the first alternate at Worlds is Agnes Zawadzki, and she would go instead of Alissa.
Since Gracie is not an alternate to Worlds, she wouldn't be able to go. The other alternates are Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu.
03-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Kostner's first flip is perfect!!! Best flip in a long time. Speed going in, flow coming out, height. I rather see this program. Her pcs seem right.
03-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Why it is unsettling going for a 3t3t in the short? it's always a 3-3, with the easiest jumps but with a higher value and more difficult even if it's with toes! Yuna kim had the 3lz3t but couldn't do the loop...mao had the axel but now it's more a miss than a hit and she has no lutz and tend to have her jumps downgraded. so what?..every skater works with what they have! I'm happy that carolina is not going for the lutz sice it gave her so much problems! She has two flips now and 2a3t! she cannot do 3f3t in the long without avoiding the 3toe after the axel because it would mean repeating 3 jumps and since her 2a3t is more secure than 3f3t she's going for it!
Originally Posted by gmyers
03-10-2012, 05:30 PM
RESULT - LADIES FREE SKATE
1. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 197.73 (FS = 132.84 (TES: 61.90, PCS: 70.94))
2. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 171.00 (FS = 113.45 (TES: 52.45, PCS: 62.00, DED: 1.00))
3. Alissa CZISNY (USA) - 152.74 (FS = 92.92 (TES: 34.52, PCS: 60.40, DED: 2.00))
4. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE)- 142.47 (FS = 96.84 (TES: 45.58, PCS: 52.26, DED: 1.00))
5. Kerstin FRANK (AUT) - 137.28 (FS = 89.62 (TES: 43.62, PCS: 46.00))
6. Lena MARROCCO (FRA) - 133.85 (FS = 86.09 (TES: 43.75, PCS: 43.34, DED: 1.00))
7. Kana MURAMOTO (JPN) - 130.63 (FS = 93.47 (TES: 47.33, PCS: 46.14))
8. Romy BÜHLER (SUI) -128.42 (FS = 84.58 (TES: 40.45, PCS: 44.13))
9. Haruna SUZUKI (JPN) - 128.24 (FS = 81.80 (TES: 36.80, PCS: 46.00, DED: 1.00))
10. Fleur MAXWELL (LUX) - 125.65 (FS = 80.51 (TES: 36.64, PCS: 43.87))
11. Myriam LEUENBERGER (SUI) - 122.41 (FS = 74.10 (TES: 32.56, PCS: 42.54, DED: 1.00))
12. Cecillia TÖRN (FIN) - 118.54 (FS = 75.62 (TES: 32.02, PCS: 43.60))
13. Belinda SCHÖNBERGER (AUT) - 118.07 (FS = 80.35 (TES: 41.95, PCS: 38.40))
14. Anne Line GJERSEM (NOR) - 116.54 (FS = 74.48 (TES: 38.87 , PCS: 35.61))
15. Henriikka HIETANIEMI (FIN) - 115.13 (FS = 75.06 (TES: 40.26 , PCS: 34.80))
16. Manouk GIJSMAN (NED) - 113.15 (FS = 67.84 (TES: 30.57, PCS: 38.27, DED: 1.00))
17. Isabel DRESCHER (GER) - 109.35 (FS = 72.37 (TES: 38.10, PCS: 34.27))
18. Jennifer URBAN (GER) - 104.58 (FS = 70.94 (TES: 35.81, PCS: 36.13, DED: 1.00))
19. Rosaliina KUPARINEN (FIN) - 103.15 (FS = 64.25 (TES: 29.71, PCS: 36.54, DED: 2.00))
20. Ami PAREKH (IND) - 98.64 (FS = 69.24 (TES: 36.37, PCS: 33.87, DED: 1.00))
21. Eva LIM (NED) - 97.99 (FS = 62.70 (TES: 29.42, PCS: 34.28, DED: 1.00))
22. Dasa GRM (SLO) - 96.96 (FS = 66.77(TES: 35.37, PCS: 32.40, DED: 1.00))
23. Sandy HOFFMANN (GER) - 96.89 (FS = 64.42 (TES: 32.69, PCS: 33.73, DED: 2.00))
24. Michelle COUWENBERG (NED) - 95.05 (FS = 64.22 (TES: 29.55, PCS: 36.67, DED: 2.00))
Here are the protocols
03-10-2012, 05:31 PM
I am worried about our spots for Worlds now. What is going on with Alissa? I would just chalk it up to a terrible day, but she seems to have been getting worse and worse as the season has progressed. This must have been worse than her performance at the GPF when she was clearly nursing an injury. I really hope she'll be able to pull it together and skate her best at Worlds. Goodness knows she's a talented enough skater. It would be great to see her up on the podium, but I don't know if that's even possible the way she's going...
On the other hand, Kostner looks the best she's looked all season. Except for the axel and 2 sloppy spins at the end, she was wonderful. She has lots of transitions, detailed choreography, and really seemed to feel her music. Well done! I bet she will win at Worlds if she skates like this. Now if she could only add the lutz back in...
Last edited by amc987; 03-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
03-10-2012, 06:06 PM
At the rink. Again.
Did you even SEE Abbott's skate at Nationals? He was phenomenal - not held up in the slightest. If you haven't, it's on Universal Sports' youtube page.
Originally Posted by silverlake22