Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 255

Thread: International Challenge Cup - The Hague, Mar 8-11

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    why are those live results link charts not updated ?

  2. #32
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,415
    They are apparently updated after each group, but there's someone live-tweeting and she reports that Amodio leads with 82.48, followed by Joubert about four points back and then Abbott. Amodio was cleanish, Joubert made mistakes, Abbott fell twice. Judging seems to be a bit lax.

  3. #33
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7
    Wondering if you can give a link to the person live-tweeting? Thank you!

  4. #34
    GoldExpress reynycpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Manhattan Valley, NY
    Posts
    391
    https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/challengecup2012

    Pretty much shows everyone's tweets regarding the event

  5. #35
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,415
    Protocols are up, and I believe a unicorn has been spotted in the SP: namely Joubert's long-lost 4S, last seen in the 2006-7 season (IIRC). I am impressed that he put it out there and rotated it; maybe next time he can actually land it w/o a stepout or whatever it was. His PCS, however, are uninspiring.

    Amodio also did a 4S, and also made a mistake. Not sure what it was.

    The person tweeting from the rink is Janet.

  6. #36
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7
    Thanks so much!

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,418
    Observation and questions from Result Details and twitter reports, focusing on the top 4:

    Joubert seems to have done poorly on both TES and PCS. Had Abbott not received a < on his 4T, he would have beat Joubert even with his 2 falls. Judges were now really down on Joubert's TR (6.08) and Contesti beat him in PCS.

    Both Joubert and Amodio landed their quads poorly, receiving negative GOEs.

    Amodio's PCS is worthty. Not only did he beat Joubert in every component but he received 8.25 for his SS even though his TR is just 6.75. Abbott's SS is 8.58, just 0.33 above Amodio's whereas Joubert received 7.75, both of which I consider pretty in line with what they usually show us. But Amodio?!

    I just noticed protocols are up so will look at it for more details.

  8. #38
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,415
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Joubert seems to have done poorly on both TES and PCS. Had Abbott not received a < on his 4T, he would have beat Joubert even with his 2 falls. Judges were now really down on Joubert's TR (6.08) and Contesti beat him in PCS.
    Actually, Joubert did fairly well on TES - he had messy landings (I think one was a stepout) which hurt his GOEs, but he got both quads rotated and got really good levels on non-jump elements. His bigger problem was the PCS, and have you seen his SP? Let's just say I was not surprised. At this point in his career I think he is mainly skating for himself and to have fun, which the Twitter updates suggest that he did.

    Abbott got good GOEs on his clean elements and fantastic PCS.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 03-09-2012 at 01:23 PM.

  9. #39
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,418
    I believe Abbott deserves his PCS but two falls in the SP this close to Worlds does not bode well. He won his one GP event by coming third in both SP and LP but such favorable line-up of others' failing is not to be counted on at Worlds. I hope he does well in LP where he can leap over the others at this event if he lands his jumps. His only problem now is all about landing jumps.

    I said Joubert did poorly in PCS because he used to be scored quite high even without much transition and even when he failed at his jumps and received low TES. Negative GOE on both his quad and his jump combo is poor for him because the big jumps have always been his bread and butter and ticket to the podium. I understand it has not been easy for him and keeping up with the young guns is tough. But it's still Amodio's PCS over Joubert's across the board and the SS score in particular that surprise me.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 03-09-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Protocols told me it's his combo, not 3A, that Joubert messed up.

  10. #40
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,415
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I believe Abbott deserves his PCS but two falls in the SP this close to Worlds does not bode well. He won his one GP event by coming third in both SP and LP but such favorable line-up of others' failing is not to be counted on at Worlds. I hope he does well in LP where he can leap over the others at this event if he lands his jumps. His only problem now is all about landing jumps.

    I said Joubert did poorly in PCS because he used to be scored quite high even without much transition and even when he failed at his jumps and received low TES. Negative GOE on both his quad and his jump combo is poor for him because the big jumps have always been his bread and butter and ticket to the podium. I understand it has not been easy for him and keeping up with the young guns is tough. But it's still Amodio's PCS over Joubert's across the board and the SS score in particular that surprise me.
    Going for two quads is something Joubert has never done in an SP, and while neither jumping pass was clean, I am very impressed that he even tried that second quad; he hasn't done a 4S in competition in years, and if he's ever to get it consistent, there will likely be some mistakes along the way. He didn't pop it and he got it rotated, so that's good for him. Getting good levels also bodes well for him. If you look at his past PCS, this is a bit lower than normal but not surprising considering he is skating what looks more like an EX and has been struggling for a while now. Amodio has beaten him in PCS more than once, and the judges have already shown that they will look kindly upon Florent if he skates cleanish.

    I wonder if Abbott is fully healed?

    p.s. I will remind, once again, that TR is but one of the five PCS marks.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 03-09-2012 at 01:41 PM.

  11. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post

    Amodio's PCS is worthty. Not only did he beat Joubert in every component but he received 8.25 for his SS even though his TR is just 6.75. Abbott's SS is 8.58, just 0.33 above Amodio's whereas Joubert received 7.75, both of which I consider pretty in line with what they usually show us. But Amodio?!

    I just noticed protocols are up so will look at it for more details.
    hmmmm
    I'm guessing testing for a possible PCS inflation for Amodio in Nice for the 2012 Worlds
    I'm still iffng Joubert is still competing as every season he competes he is damaging it more, he has passed his prime
    and he could turn into a male Fumie Suguri

  12. #42
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by leigh466 View Post
    Wondering if you can give a link to the person live-tweeting? Thank you!
    Here it is

    Czisny - 59.82
    Last edited by Mao88; 03-09-2012 at 02:30 PM.

  13. #43
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,178
    Do I have this right? Abbott landed nothing but a 3Lz+3T and got 77 points?

  14. #44
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I believe Abbott deserves his PCS but two falls in the SP this close to Worlds does not bode well. He won his one GP event by coming third in both SP and LP but such favorable line-up of others' failing is not to be counted on at Worlds. I hope he does well in LP where he can leap over the others at this event if he lands his jumps. His only problem now is all about landing jumps.
    Looks like Jeremy made a valiant attempt at a 4T in the SP (< and fall) which likely contributed to the fall on the 3A. He can:
    1) continue to work on the 4T in the SP and hope he gets it by Worlds
    2) go back to the safe SP layout

    MM: he got credit for a rotated 3A (fall) and a 70% 4T (fall) as well.
    Last edited by mskater93; 03-09-2012 at 02:40 PM.

  15. #45
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,178
    ^ I think that is the key to why both Jeremy and Alissa came to this event. The person tweeting on the ladies said that Alissa messed up her triple-triple attempt, but otherwise did well. It looks like Alissa and Jeremy are trying it out in order to make a decission about what they should go for at worlds.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •