Return of The King - My Review | Golden Skate

Return of The King - My Review

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Okay folks. Now I have seen it. WOW! I can highly recommend this movie - especially to Tolkien fans. If you want a movie that has everything, this is it. I went through every emotion possible for three hours. I laughed, I cried, I sat on the edge of my seat in anticipation. I ended up crying buckets at the end. Bravo. Well done. Bring lots of kleenex.

PS - I saw the more detailed thread - but don't want to "spoil" the moment - I never read the books either, but call me sentimental, I got the essence of the story. It was wonderful.

Last edited:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Okay! My movie buddy has chimed in and I can comment now! I did read the books years ago and the first two films really impressed me. I was, though, a little disappointed in "The Two Towers" simply for the fact that a lot of the emotional momentum gained in the first film was lost in the second. "Return of the King" picked up where "The Fellowship" left off and added even more. This was definitely passionate film making and the beauty and proficiency of everything (every performance, battle scene, etc.) clearly indicates that it was a labor of love for all involved. This final installment went beyond even my expectations. There were a couple of things that I might have changed, but they were few and far between. I found it to be the best of all three films and that says a lot, seeing how the first two were each brilliant in their own right. I'd love to see this trilogy end with an Oscar for Best Picture or definitely one for Best Director.

This isn't my kind of genre, but for what it was it was the best I've ever seen. I made a special effort to see "The Return of the King" in a great theater with a big screen and great sound just to get the full experience. ITA that despite a few slow points and missed opportunities, Peter Jackson feat is momentus on every level and I don't care how great the other movies are this year, the Academy Award BELONGS to Peter Jackson.

One thing I would have liked, perhaps in "The Two Towers" to make it more personal, is an appropriately hot love scene between Anwar and Aragon. Viggo's hair would have to washed and he could be shirtless, but Liv would have to be in some suitably elvish negligee type thing showing nothing more than some cleavage. I just think people would like one good make-out scene between those two. I know I would. After all, they already have what, about five wars? Of course the love scene between Aragon and Arwan would be kept PG.

That and a 15-minute stretch break. We had to sit down at 5:45 to get out seats for the 6:15pm show and our butts didn't leave those seats until 10pm. Either than or hand out free aspirin.

Still, I'd love to see all three movies, in a great threater with big comfortable seats, in one day. Start "Fellowship" at about 9am, after breakfast. Have about a 60 to 90-minute break for lunch and then "Two Towers." At least a 90-minute dinner break and then "King." COOL!
Rgirl

PS Since the odds of seeing Viggo and Liv in a hot love scene in LOTR, you can see Viggo Mortensen and Diane Lane in definitely hot love scenes in the movie "A Walk on the Moon." It's set in 1969 up in the Catskills of NY and their love scenes are appropriately flower child-like. Viggo is whoa baby! and Diane Lane is a young housewife discovering the glory of her sexuality. Good movie, too. Not great, but not bad.

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
That elf, Legolas, is a hottie. Orlando Bloom, the actor who portrays him, is on the latest GQ cover.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Johar:

I found several actors in this movie who could be termed as "easy on the eyes." Whoever did the casting did a superb job!

shine

Record Breaker
ITA about this movie having everything in it. I think this is what makes it even better than the previous two. There is such a wide range of human emotions; it addresses the deepest kind human struggle, and really makes you wonder what happens when the power of mankind is no longer great enough and fails to be able to get us through. Mortensen's "For Frodo" after the moment of complete silence is absolutely genius. You have outdone yourself once again, Peter Jackson! And wonderful, wonderful job, everyone! I lurrrved all the little hobbits :love:
Only criticism is that I wish the movie had done a better job at showing how much Frodo actually goes through in the story instead of making him look like a little wimp in comparison to Sam.

And Viggo is so hot :love: Stubble fan for life :D
Dominique is not bad either

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Orlando Bloom, minus the blond locks, is great in "Pirates of the Carribbean" filmed after the LOTR trilogy........42