Park So Youn | Golden Skate

Park So Youn

koheikun90

On the Ice
Park So Youn SP is my favorite program this season.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=ZaVIm_H0I7E

There is something special about this program and skater I respond well too. I love the way she uses her hands. The music is pretty and has solid technique on her jumps. Her lutz is amazing and leaves no doubt that it's on an outside edge. I think she is a future star. She struggles with consistency though. I look forward to seeing her more next season.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
She has great basic skating skills from what I can see. Very fast and sure across the ice, lovely stroking, and her footwork sequences are a highlight. The second 3t in the 3t/3t looked borderline clean to me. Do you know if it got ratified?

From some other videos I saw on Youtube, she was only doing a 3sal/2t earlier in the season for the SP. Way to upgrade! From what I've seen, she can do all the triples (minus the axel), with the correct edges and everything. She's demonstrated the initial aptitude in attaching the 3t to other jumps (she did a 2a/3t in the FS at nationals). She has all building blocks of a world class jumper. And of course, there are her many other qualities, the lovely movement and musicality. She seems very promising.

Oh also, lest we forget, she is only 14!