Lysacek optimistic his issues with U.S. skating close to resolution | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Lysacek optimistic his issues with U.S. skating close to resolution

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Does EVAN really spray tan? Not needed. Wow, I preferred men in the days of the Brians. Remember when flamboyance was just in ice dance?

seniorita

Record Breaker
During Vancouver, I would imagine he overslept on a sunbed. But I think now he looks more narutal tanned.

niami

Rinkside
In addition to Czech and Italian, he also has Greek and Syrian roots (the last three all from his mom I believe).

That (Blades of Passion's link to Brian Orser's program) was great! :laugh:

About tanning, I think it is a caste thing. Back in the day, it you were on top of the heap you sat in your castle all day. If you did have to go out, a servant followed you holding up a parasol so that the rays of the sun would not insult your fair skin.

The lower classes, on the other hand, had to labor in the hot sun, so they got sunburnt and leathery.

Nowadays it is the opposite. If you are a "working class" person you slave away indoors in your office or factory and get pale. The leisure class can lay around on the beach working on their tan. So now dark is good and pale is bad.

In traditional translations of the Bible the Queen of Sheba says, "Black am I but beautiful." In present day translations she says, "Black am I and beautiful." :)

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
^ He's Czech and Italian. But I think he also tans and uses orange make-up to appear darker.
Oh no....I am half Czech and I am from DuPage county and I am six ft 2 in. and I moved west. You dont suppose we are related, do you?
Chris who uses hair makeup to appear younger:laugh:

spikydurian

Medalist
Nowadays it is the opposite. If you are a "working class" person you slave away indoors in your office or factory and get pale. The leisure class can lay around on the beach working on their tan. So now dark is good and pale is bad.

In traditional translations of the Bible the Queen of Sheba says, "Black am I but beautiful." In present day translations she says, "Black am I and beautiful." :)

OMG, I truly belong to the 'working class' slogging away in the office.:disapp: I will now endeavour to be a beach bum during the weekends. The flip side ..... it is known that the sun's ultra v rays contribute to skin cancer as least in the southern hemisphere. Solariums are just recently deemed illegal in my country as too many people wants to look exotic. Maybe the sun rays in the north is safer?. Lucky are the ones with natural tan.