Cain and Reagan End Partnership | Golden Skate

Cain and Reagan End Partnership

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pairs skaters Ashley Cain and Joshua Reagan, the 2010 U.S. novice and 2011 U.S. junior champions, announced they have ended their partnership. Both athletes plan to continue their respective figure skating careers.

More

DianaSelene

Medalist
Everyone's constantly saying that part of why American pairs have not been successful yet is because they quickly end their partnerships. And here we go again. The season has not even ended and already another separation.

cornell08

Final Flight
But unlike alot of American pairs, Ashley and Josh had great lines, challenging programs suited to COP and had a natural finesse not easily taught. I was looking forward to their progress and could have seen them challenge on the international stage in a few seasons. What an unusually big shame.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
But unlike alot of American pairs, Ashley and Josh had great lines, challenging programs suited to COP and had a natural finesse not easily taught. What an unusually big shame.

Someone call Caitlin Yankowskas!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Caitlin better be waiting outside Joshua Reagan's rink with a giant net. A rapid-firing taser would also be prudent, to use on the hordes of partnerless pairs women no doubt trying to poach Joshua.

Anyone know why Ashley and Joshua ended their partnership? Does Ashley want to focus on her singles skating? Did she get too tall for Joshua?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Josh wanted her to commit solely to pairs. I believe he's over 6 ft. and so tall enough for Caitlyn!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Josh wanted her to commit solely to pairs. I believe he's over 6 ft. and so tall enough for Caitlyn!

Maybe this is what Caitlyn was hinting at in her article a couple months back about posibilities at/after nationals? One can hope?

Serious Business

Record Breaker

Well, Ashley is having quite a bit of success in singles. She won silver in juniors at the recent US championships. But this is good news for Caitlyn! Also bonus: I won't accidentally pull up videos of horrible Republicans by searching for Cain/Reagan on Youtube!

cornell08

Final Flight
Well, Ashley is having quite a bit of success in singles. She won silver in juniors at the recent US championships. But this is good news for Caitlyn! Also bonus: I won't accidentally pull up videos of horrible Republicans by searching for Cain/Reagan on Youtube!

LOL BEEN THERE. I would still love to see their Nationals freeskate though...

ivy

On the Ice
According to bios he's 6'1", she's 5'3". He's 6 mos older. Seems like a good fit on paper.

For crying out loud, why are American pairs so fickle? But like the idea of Caitlin finding him somehow (with net, if necessary).

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Golly !.. Caitlin , go get'im !

I quote a Mexican friend of mine , who was bemoaning the lack of eligible males in life,never mind the more rarified atmosphere of skating... " If jou see a man..Grab it ! "

words to live by , Caitlin.

R.D.

Record Breaker
First- too bad about the split, but I totally understand where Reagan is coming from, wanting a partner 100% dedicated to pairs skating. Cain seems to be doing pretty well in singles, winning the US jr silver medal so not too concerned about her. I think she'll be fine.

As for forum posters ALREADY wanting to pair Reagan up with Yankowskas...really, if it wasn't all so ridiculous I'd laugh.

macy

Record Breaker
I AM SO SAD. i was already a fan and was so looking forward to them improving in the future! they had such a nice quality about their skating and were very mature for their first season as seniors. such a bummer :cry: i wish them both the best of luck. ashley has me already a fan as a singles skater so i'm glad i'll still be seeing that. she's such a pretty skater.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Everyone's constantly saying that part of why American pairs have not been successful yet is because they quickly end their partnerships. And here we go again. The season has not even ended and already another separation.

Pairs needs to stay together more often, but I also think at times it can be clear that a better matched partnership might lead to more success. I really think she was getting too to tall for him. And he really might have more success with a smaller partner AND someone who can devote full time too pairs. Her singles will improve if her focus is less divided/ she may need an even taller partner...