Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cain and Reagan End Partnership

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    " If jou see a man..Grab it ! "

words to live by , Caitlin.
    I would be careful about what it is before grabbing, Caitlin.

Down With It
    First- too bad about the split, but I totally understand where Reagan is coming from, wanting a partner 100% dedicated to pairs skating. Cain seems to be doing pretty well in singles, winning the US jr silver medal so not too concerned about her. I think she'll be fine.

As for forum posters ALREADY wanting to pair Reagan up with Yankowskas...really, if it wasn't all so ridiculous I'd laugh.

I AM SO SAD. i was already a fan and was so looking forward to them improving in the future! they had such a nice quality about their skating and were very mature for their first season as seniors. such a bummer i wish them both the best of luck. ashley has me already a fan as a singles skater so i'm glad i'll still be seeing that. she's such a pretty skater.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Everyone's constantly saying that part of why American pairs have not been successful yet is because they quickly end their partnerships. And here we go again. The season has not even ended and already another separation.
    Pairs needs to stay together more often, but I also think at times it can be clear that a better matched partnership might lead to more success. I really think she was getting too to tall for him. And he really might have more success with a smaller partner AND someone who can devote full time too pairs. Her singles will improve if her focus is less divided/ she may need an even taller partner...

Custom Title
    Isn't Ashley a bit tall for a Ladies Pairs skater?

Custom Title
    Not surprised. When I saw them at JGPF a couple of years ago, I thought she was relatively tall then, and told my fellow competition-watcher that if she grew much at all, the size difference was going to shrink to the point where it would be a problem. She's got to be at least 5'-5" maybe 5'-6".

Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    According to bios he's 6'1", she's 5'3". He's 6 mos older. Seems like a good fit on paper.
    Actually Josh is my age (22) and Ashley is 17.

Custom Title
    I think ivy means Josh and Caitlin.

Rinkside
    I hear Cain was shocked by Josh's decision and never even knew it was coming! She was committed to skating with him their entire career.

Rinkside
    I believe Ashley is only 16 years old.

She's 17. The 6 mos older was with regard to Caitlin

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Pinkie, Welcome to Golden Skate. We hope you post long and often.

Rinkside
    Thanks this is my first time to post anything. I just looked on Ashley Cain's Team USA bio. She is 16, so she is quite young. She still has time to find a taller partner with better skating skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Thanks this is my first time to post anything. I just looked on Ashley Cain's Team USA bio. She is 16, so she is quite young. She still has time to find a taller partner with better skating skills.
    I agree. Meagan Duhamel made the switch to pairs much later and is now doing well largely due to her strong singles training. I don't think it will do much harm to Ashley's long-term pairs prospects if she focused only on singles for the next season or two. I think additional growth in height will be much more harmful for a pairs career. So maybe she might as well improve her singles skills/standing for now and see where her height takes her. She has beautiful presentation and carriage, she already gets really good PCS for her technical content. If she focuses on her singles technical skills, I think she can really improve her skating and results. Maybe being dumped by Josh was really a blessing in disguise.

Custom Title
    Sorry to hear this, especially seeing how obvious it was at this year's Nationals how good they were, both technically & artistically, but especially the former. I honestly felt worried for my fav pair Donlan & Speroff because I could see Cain & Reagan overtaking them in the future with the consistency they have on their technical goods, though D&S are better artistically. But as jumps are harder to learn & maintain they, C&R, obviously had the greater advantage. Jmho.

That said, I think Reagan may end up kicking himself in the future (or even going back to Cain) because she's a better jumper than Caitlin imho.

And remember it's not necessarily a huge "height" difference that makes a better pair, rather the strength of the male pair partner (aka Han & Coughlin). Jmho.

Good Luck to them BOTH! (:^)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast