What do most skaters eat? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

What do most skaters eat?

What a testament to Evan's workhorse nature. This guy didn't have the greatest talent of his skating generation, but whatever he had, he worked to the last inch. Can you imagine how satisfying it was for Frank Carroll to coach him?

When you think of a training routine like the one Evan and other skaters follow, you realize that the four minutes or so on the ice is the least of it. These people are in fifth gear from the moment they wake up to the moment they collapse at night, especially if they train fulltime rather than going to school in between sessions.

Sorry to doublt-post here, but it's been awhile since my last post, and it's on a different topic.

We were talking at one point about incomplete vs. complete protein, and I just heard that hemp seeds are actually a complete protein. This means that they contain all nine amino acids that we humans can't synthesize in our own bodies. I need to check this out, but I thought I'd just mention it. Hemp is a great food in any case, very high in protein and an especially good source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which aid the heart and blood vessels. I eat them, and they're pretty tasty--with kind of a sunflower seed flavor and texture. Ironically, with all the awful foods that the U.S. produces, American farmers aren't allowed to grow hemp...but the seeds can be sold here as food, so it's available here for nutritionally conscious folk such as skaters and skate fans. (And all Canadian posters are allowed to boast about this one, because most American hemp is imported from Canada.) I gather that hemp is closely related to cannabis, but hemp itself doesn't have the "bad" ingredient in it, so the prohibition is kind of silly.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
"Meryl_Davis" just tweeted cute/funny photo of Maia and Ashley apparently about to consume big waffles absolutely heaped with what looks like either whipped cream or ice cream (or I suppose it could be froyo).
Good NYC breakfast, I guess! :laugh: I think that all three performed at "Figure Skating in Harlem" charitable event last night - bravo to the many skaters who did .