Thread: Tessa Virtue backflip?

Question Tessa Virtue backflip?

When I was watching four continents the comentator was talking and the gala was going on in the background.
    I could SWEAR ON MY LIFE that I saw Tessa Virtue do a backflip! I want to find a video of it.

Did ANYONE else see this or have I gone crazy?!

Also here is a video of Casey Jones and Don Fraser doing a no hands death spiral for your entertainment (at 4:00 aprox):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xExtj3BLxa8

Well, I was there and it is possible I could have missed it, but I dont think so. Maybe it was Surya Bonaly dressed up to look like Tessa? I think someone did do a backflip
    during part of the gala where there were lots of folks on the ice.....anyone ever see a lady figure skater other than Surya do a backflip? There were times during the Gala when
    there were lots of Broodmoor skaters on the ice at once...maybe one of them did a backflip too....

Custom Title
    The only other female backflipper I ever saw was Rory Flack Burghardt, and like Surya she did it in a full layout position, not a tuck, so it was much more of a challenge for her. She was a wonderful pro skater, though she never rose high in the rankings as an amateur. I hope some eyewitness from GS can pinpoint who if anyone did a flip at 4cc!

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    anyone ever see a lady figure skater other than Surya do a backflip?
    Rory Flack does a backflip (as far as I know she's dropped her exhusband's last name now that she's remarried)

Custom Title
    That 'no-hands' death spiral is crazy! I had no idea what to expect, in fact, I thought it must have been a typo lol.
    Thanks for that!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    That 'no-hands' death spiral is crazy! I had no idea what to expect, in fact, I thought it must have been a typo lol.
    Really makes those hydroblade moves other skaters do seem like cake... I love that he jumps over her too.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Tricia Mansfield did that in 1995, as well, at 2:56-

http://youtu.be/W1LsqEZ3W3c

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    Thanks for that!
    Ditto to that! I don't recall ever seeing this. Thanks!