Thread: Why do I have to log-in in order to view the Forum?

Custom Title

Why do I have to log-in in order to view the Forum?

I stopped by today to read the forum and was surprised to see that there was a message highlighted in yellow that stated at *peak times* a member has to log-in to view the forum.

But then I logged in and saw that there were only a 136 users/members viewing the forum, which doesn't make sense, as I've been able to view the forum before without logging-in when there were 400+ members viewing the forum when something like Nationals or Europeans was going on. And even less numbers than that.

So my question is "why do we have to log-in now"?

Thanks for your understanding and for your answer in advance, as it has always been my custom to stop by every now & then to check the forum, never logging-in, only doing so when I wanted to post a comment or a thread.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Between Junior Worlds and Worlds is the time frame we consider our "peak time" here at Golden Skate, and it puts the biggest strain on our servers. In order to make sure everything runs smoothly for our registered members, we generally put in a mandatory login during the whole of this peak time. This keeps unregistered guests from using bandwidth--and it also encourages Guests who haven't previously bothered to register to join the site.

There are several other reasons that putting a login on keeps us running smoothly; I hope some of the other mods will remember what they are.

Banned
    I can see now "36 members and 90 guests". Who are thosse mysterious guests if everyone must log in?

those are the people who choose to remain "invisible". you have the option to show yourself as online or offline or invisible when you're on the boards.

Custom Title
    Anyone have same problem as me? I have to log in again everytime when I want to reply with quote, even I just log in for 1 minutes ago.

check your cookies, treeloving.