Looking forward to US Nationals... | Golden Skate

Looking forward to US Nationals...

eliza88

On the Ice
So many things to look forward to at US Nationals this year!

Dance: nobody has seen L/T all year so I am excited to see their programs as well as the intense competition between them and B/A. I think this will be one of the most exciting US Dance competitions in years!

Pairs: I am most lukewarm about the competition here--I would guess that S/D would be slightly favored but I think this gold is up for grabs (can Sato/Dungen please skate for the US??)

Men's: Who will stay standing? I really hope J. Weir skates well and can block out last years misery...Will Tim's boot problems finally be fixed? I am really looking forward to this competition, I think it will be very intense.

Ladies: Ahhh, the marquis match-up, Cohen vs. Kwan...ABC is salivating over this one! I cannot wait to see Michelle's SP (does anyone know if she is doing a new SP?). I am also very much looking forward to seeing Angela (please skate well!). Jenny, Bebe, Yebin, who will step forward and stand on the podium?

eliza88

PS. I am sure I am forgetting a few, but other "hot" Nationals would be the Japanese Ladies, Chinese Pairs, Canadian Mens

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
with them both being pros(they skated at Hallmark making them inelligible) I don't think they could come back anyway LOL

but that would be awesome to see Sato and Dunjen out there... they'd whoop some major bootie!

Jhar55

Medalist
Can't wait till Nationals only wish that I could be there and see it live. Oh well maybe next year. At least were suppose to get some live coverage.
And with both top ladies and their coaching changes we could be in for a few suprises, the unexpected upsets. Someone just might come out of left field and knock off the top contenders.

gracefulswan

On the Ice
it's almost not worth it for kwan to change shorts... hasn't she only competed her short last year 2 or 3 times? and if she does get a new one, then she'll only compete it no more than twice this season i'm thinking... and she just might keep it for the 2004-2005 season if so. she didn't skate in any GP events.. and some other shows.. just some cheesefests (showing only long programs) and nationals/worlds...:confused:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
eh

Either it's no different than past years, or it's worse.

Pairs: no established rivalry. There's S&D with a shaky edge and everyone else who are all completely inconsistant. No M&S vs. I&D. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Mens: Who will fall more, Tim or Mike? They're no Todd vs. Scott. Who can stay on their feet long enough to win bronze, could be anyone? ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Dance: L&T vs. the 3rd or 4th team who have been hyped up as their rivals. Who will win the chance to be this years worlds #9 and 10? Who cares? They're no Mike&Judy. ZZZZZZZZZZ

Ladies: MK vs. the 3rd or 4th lady to be hyped up as her rival. Which wildly inconsistant lady will take bronze? Until someone invents a drinking came where I have to down a shot everytime Sasha makes a mistake, ZZZZZZZZZZZ

amykaren

On the Ice
Until someone invents a drinking came where I have to down a shot everytime Sasha makes a mistake, ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Too funny!! :p

I think most of the US Nats have aleady been decided as far as gold and silver are concerned in Ladies, Men, Dance and probably Pairs, too.

The questions I think about are the bronzes. too many good skaters will not get that medal.

Joe

boggartlaura

On the Ice
berthes ghost said:
Dance: L&T vs. the 3rd or 4th team who have been hyped up as their rivals. Who will win the chance to be this years worlds #9 and 10? Who cares? They're no Mike&Judy. ZZZZZZZZZZ
:confused: L/T might be down around 9th at worlds, although I think they'll be higher, but B/A have a shot at medaling, and will almost certainly be nowhere near 10th. Now if G/P were to go, they'd probably place around tenth. Maybe you've been sleeping through it, but the US has some damn good dance teams, and while they may never be Mike & Judy, they're still worth watching.