Universal Sports? | Golden Skate

Universal Sports?

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
Does anyone know if Universal Sports will be offering online streaming of Worlds? I know that I could probably get it on Rosiyah 2 through WebTV, but the WebTV player does not get along well with my anti-virus software. It thinks that WebTV 3.4.0 is a virus and won't let it run until I disable my anti-Virus software. AVG thinks that WebTV 3.4.0 is a virus, so I am looking for something else other than WebTV where I will not have to shutdown my antivirus software to watch.

lcd

Match Penalty
corporate battle for carrying this or that blah blah..... people lose interest when they're not committed.

I hope so, but .... I'll search for that Turkish TV feed before I "surprise" myself enough to find it on Universal.

Such a shame. Boooooooooooo :sarcasm:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
The Universal Sports schedule is up. I wasn't able to post a link so check out the figure skating page on Universal Sports. Worlds will be streamed live and will also be on TV.

irinas

Rinkside
corporate battle for carrying this or that blah blah..... people lose interest when they're not committed.

I hope so, but .... I'll search for that Turkish TV feed before I "surprise" myself enough to find it on Universal.

Such a shame. Boooooooooooo :sarcasm:

Turkish Tv doesn't broadcast figure skating anymore. You might as well look for other options now. :)

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Here's the broadcast schedule for Universal.

March 28 1 p.m. ET: Pairs Short Program; Short Dance

March 29 8 a.m. ET: Ladies Short Program
2:30 p.m. ET: Free Dance

March 30 8 a.m. ET: Men's Short Program
3 p.m. ET: Pairs Free Skate

March 31 9 a.m. ET: Men's Free Skate
2:30 p.m. ET: Ladies Free Skate

NBC has a scheduled broadcast on April 8th for 3 hours.

Universal is now available on DirectTV and on DISH.

jatale

On the Ice
The icenetwork is also live streaming Worlds online I think. If so, which is better - Universal Sports or Icenetwork?

skaterdelightgs

Spectator
I got Icenetwork for 4 continents - dead silent, no commentators. Then found out I could have gotten 4 continents on Universal Sports with the commentators that was televised. Wonder if Universal Sports (which is also live streaming) will have the televised version.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
skaterdelightgs, welcome to Golden Skate! We hope you post long and often!

Sometimes IN has commentary, but not always; mostly for US Nationals.

badknees

Medalist
Just saw today on the 24th that Universal sports is offering a free trial period during the exact dates of worlds!! So, for directv customers you dont have to pay the 12 bucks a month charge. I did that last year and had an awful time canceling it after worlds. It's such a racket with directv. Interesting that they are giving it free during worlds.