Junior Pairs - Free Skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Junior Pairs - Free Skating

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
well I think the most balletic classical Russian pair atm, is Matiusheva/Rogonov
also Bazarova/Larionov , Bazarova's lines are definitely the finesse russian style

D/D are very promising, I didn't get that from I/M and they weren't really good, they were in the juniors at the right time with little competition and they were not that lucky transitioning to seniors to add that Lubov can't land most her jumps now, with that said, Davankova is only 13 years old. I hope she survives puberty because I can see them getting a top spot in the Russian pairs field in the future with their amazing talent once the veterans retire.

Big Deal

Final Flight
I have a rather different opinion,
All the top 3 pairs were great!
Compaire to their age they are much better than ANY of the existing senior pairs in the same age.
A lots of talent included and they are all in professional hand, whom they know how to get out the best of their ability.

Sui/Han has the obvious tricks nobody ever had together with a certain charm. We used to say before"Yes, but they cannot skate". It is not true anymore, they CAN.

Yu/Jin, I've never seen them before. They are a GREAT WOWWWW!. Breathtaking. They have the usual Chinese acrobaticism PLUS a classical, airy touch with great lines.
If they improve like this I can see the next dominant great pair of China in them.

Davankova/Deputat showed a lots of talent, emotions, class and good technique. They will be capable to reach anything if someone take care of them in the best way.

Think about ANY big senior competition between the place 5-10. I think that any of these 3 pairs are better than the usual one's in there !!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Looking at podium pictures...how small is Cong Han? Yu looks close to his height, if she is really only 4'11" (she looks much taller than that to me, but she could be this height) Han must be not 5'7" but like 5'4", maybe less. If Sui grows at all she will need a new partner, already the way he carries her (like a sack of potatoes!) is distracting. They are super talented but idk if they will last together. I think Yu/Jin have more long term potential, they have a nice classical style and such clean elements.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Looking at podium pictures...how small is Cong Han? Yu looks close to his height, if she is really only 4'11" (she looks much taller than that to me, but she could be this height) Han must be not 5'7" but like 5'4", maybe less. If Sui grows at all she will need a new partner, already the way he carries her (like a sack of potatoes!) is distracting. They are super talented but idk if they will last together. I think Yu/Jin have more long term potential, they have a nice classical style and such clean elements.

If the age controversy is true, Sui is still 14 years old and puberty still has a room
and if she grows taller , it could be the end of their quad tricks, he is too short for a male pair skater . so if that happens Yu/Jin has long term potential

shalanheyyo

Rinkside
I have seen Han in person before and He is definite more than 5'4,5'7 should be accurate. I do think Sui needs a new partner in the future though, she seems to be still growing and the way he carries her is quite distracting..