Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: American Idol - - Anyone Watching?????

I think he knew he'd never win....

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I wasn't sorry to see Heejun go...it appeared he wasn't serious about the competition.
    As someone with Asian ancestry, I was glad that he got eliminated, too. He tended to play the stereotype a bit, which I find really disheartening these days. As I told my friend, at least he's Korean.

Also, he wasn't nearly as talented as the remaining contestants.

Elise is the best-Heejun had odd persona. She better win!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I think they are all good but the ones I am rooting for are:
    Jessica
    Josh

The one who might take it all is Phillip...and I would be OK with that. There is just something about him.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to who is going home tonight???

I'm going to guess Hollie or Elise... but who knows...

my top 2 are Skylar and Colton. But this season just has a FANTASTIC top 7... they could all win and I think I'd be okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I'm going to guess Hollie or Elise... but who knows...

my top 2 are Skylar and Colton. But this season just has a FANTASTIC top 7... they could all win and I think I'd be okay with it.
    I am not as impressed with Hollie or Elise. I would be perfectly ok with Colton, Josh, Philip, Jessica or Skylar winning. They are as you say, Fantastic!!!!

Elise can sing anything. Not since Adam Lambert have we had someone who could sing "whole Lotta Love" and blow it up. She's the bomb-just not a teny bopper or close to it which Idol fans seems to require as the 'Idol.' Who went home? Hope it was not Elise.

Can't believe that it came down to a save for Jessica. What a joke. The competition will once again be controlled by young girls voting for young guys with marginal talent. I gave AI one more year, but this will be it for me. Expect either Colton or Phillip to win. I doubt if a girl will ever win this again. The judging should be as it is on SYTYCD where the judges control the weekly ousting until the final. 42

well they got it right last year - Scotty's killing it in the country music world... I absolutely cannot stand Lauren, but he's tolerable...

the talent this year is pretty dang incredible...

Jessica's fans better step it up. I think if Jessica, Skylar, Joshua, Philip goes home before Colton, Hollie or Elise, there is definitely something wrong. I love Colton but I think he is at the bottom of those 4 I mentioned. Hollie is nowhere near any of them. I find Elise rather immature for her age...I got that feeling about her when she wanted to play the drums to open her song....why??? She had been in jeopardy weeks before and needed to hone in her singing skills not show us that she could play the drums, who really would care??

I love this quote from AI.

Sofia

"as a 85 year old watching this show each week it is a wonder I did not have a heart attach last night on the results, it just leads me to believe that people are not using there heads WHOA what will happen when it comes time to vote for president??? is america going to do the same. Shame Shame on you --- vote for Talent not because he or she is your best friend and if you must feel that bond then vote for your friend and the best Talent therefore you will feel good about your voting but please think.think think do be honest."

Cook, Allen, Dewyze, McCreery......... The last four winners are guys. The fact that McCreery is doing well isn't because America got it right is because America got lucky that the yet another guy they voted for can sell records. Not the case for the previous three. The sad part is they are not voting for talented singers but cute guys. 42

Too many teenagers this year & all singing at the top of their lungs, except maybe Phillip or Colton. Those 2 are getting the "good looking young guy" votes. Elise is good but won't make it much further because she's too old. I think a lot of older past fans aren't voting or, like me, have quit watching. I just tune in for the last 1/2 hour of the results show now. I opt for Survivor on Wed. night & Big Bang Theory on Thurs. As for the country singers they will pull in votes from all the c & w fans throughout the country. I predict Skylar will be top 2, maybe win.

Country fans embraced Idol after we got Carrie Underwood... they don't have to win to do well... aside from Josh Gracin (who's faltered several times since Season 2 in the country music market) most of the top country singers in Idol have done well no matter where they placed.

I'm not completely convinced that this wasn't a totally fabricated result. They needed to get a judges save vote in and so far the voting had been pretty well spot on...

Custom Title
    That's interesting, Toni. Kelly Pickler also comes to mind. Didn't she come in fourth or fifth her year? She seems to have a steady if not a blockbuster career. It's possible that country singers don't always get enough of the general vote to win the whole thing (except for Carrie and Scotty), but they get enough nationwide notice on the show to attract country fans, who will then buy their music.

I also have noticed that a lot of the winners are in the cute guy category, and that they then don't necessarily do well commercially. I haven't watched regularly lately, though, so I don't have a clear picture of what's going on these days. My theory is still that on the current pop scene, female solo singers sell better than male solo singers.

This might be a case in point: I recently found out that the guys from the new hot boy band from the U.K., One Direction, auditioned for the British talent show X Factor as soloists, didn't succeed, and were put together by the producers (who include that man with the Midas touch, Simon Cowell) to form the band. They finished in third place on that show and are now being screamed at and fainted over by girls around the globe. Fee, fi, fo, fum, I smell a cute guy factor multiplied by five by Simon Cowell.

The two singers I enjoyed most on various years, besides Carrie, were Fantasia Barrino and Melinda Doolittle. Fantasia won and has had some significant success, but her own personal difficulties have gotten in her way. (Compare her with Jennifer Hudson, whose exceptional stability has carried her through the murders of her relatives and has kept her sane through a truly whirlwind career.) Melinda, a wonderful song stylist, probably lacks the glamor for a really front-burner career, but man, can she warm up a song. I still play her YouTube performances of "My Funny Valentine" and the hysterical "Nutbush, Tennessee" and the completely hysterical "Trouble Is a Woman" when I need a lift. She would have made a great soloist in the big band era.

Here's "Trouble Is a Woman"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmfYD...E6B848EC81FF08

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast