American Idol - - Anyone Watching????? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

American Idol - - Anyone Watching?????

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I missed it but hear it was Colton? Such a bummer, but honestly I'd rather he not win. He can go on to a great contemp Christian career this way - should he choose that route.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Toni, I agree....and that's all I'm going to say because I think America got it wrong. I'll stop right now.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Toni, I agree....and that's all I'm going to say because I think America got it wrong. I'll stop right now.

LOL... a friend of mine hasn't stopped since finding out last night. she cracks me up...

I don't vote anymore so I don't really complain unless it's blatantly obvious.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
My guess Phillip for the win. Would be nice if the voters could put through a power voice singer such as Jacob for a change. We haven't have a male who could really belt if out since Adam Lambert. 42

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Elise can't win Idol, but she's my girl here. I never vote-maybe one season-so-it matters not much.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My guess Phillip for the win. Would be nice if the voters could put through a power voice singer such as Jacob for a change. We haven't have a male who could really belt if out since Adam Lambert. 42
Are you talking about Joshua Ledet??? If not I don't know who Jacob is.

I would be fine with Joshua, Phillip, Jessica or Skylar winning,

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Are you talking about Joshua Ledet??? If not I don't know who Jacob is.

I would be fine with Joshua, Phillip, Jessica or Skylar winning,

oh good here I thought I was wrong and Josh was really Jacob lol

There's something about Jessica I don't like... I'm not sure what it is, she has a good voice but? bleh... I'd like Elise more if she was more lifelike... her voice is very blusey but I think she's still singing like a wedding singer/even singer... I don't know, some of her song choices just don't work.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There's something about Jessica I don't like... I'm not sure what it is, she has a good voice but? bleh...

I forget that Jessica is only 16. Jimmy Iovine said that he forgets how young she is and he thought the songs she sings are too old for her. I am curious as to what she'll do this week since he came to the conclusion last week.

I'd like Elise more if she was more lifelike... her voice is very blusey but I think she's still singing like a wedding singer/even singer... I don't know, some of her song choices just don't work.
Ryan asked Elise why the judges were hard on her and her response was.....because I can take it, I'm older. No, Elise it's because you don't listen to their critique.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
My goof.....I meant Joshua. I don't know why the judges keep saying that Jennifer doesn't connect with the audience. They're nuts. What's wrong with standing and singing? Does she have to hop around the stage like Skylar to connect? 42

I haven't been watching this season, but I read that last night, Ryan Seacrest was sick, yet he still did the whole show--two hours. I have come to admire him greatly. He might be the hardest-working guy in Hollywood. He's also a great host: in the days of Simon Cowell, he often deflected Simon's barbs and seemed to soothe the contestant who was Simon's target. On Idol he's like the ringmaster of a seven-ring circus. His mentor, Dick Clark, must have been so proud of him.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I didn't think Skylar deserved to be bottom three... surprised Elise was the one going home. But there's something in her personality/persona that was a turn off.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Elise refuses to play the kiss @#$ game-her maturity and sense of who she is can seem annoying to some. Loved her Jimi Hendrix wow

skateluvr

Record Breaker
And Skylar went home last week. Anyone still watching? I find Hollie's voice screechy and annoying and Jessica is boring. The men have it. I'd be happy for Josh or Phil but Elise was the best. There is no market for female rockers, but she was versatile. I don't think Idol knows what to do with this market. If people pay to see Gaga, Minaj or Katy Perry, then what are they trying to do with Idol? People buy singles I read and not albums. It seems only country sells and the public sent home the little Reba clone. Not a good as Reba by a mile, I know, nor as pretty. Once again, its gonna be a teen of the moment or someone they can't market. Ledet is Motown. Phil is Phil-some songs are good. I hope he can write well, get his stuff out there if he wins. Hollie annoys me so much. I did not watch the early people, but if someone in their 20's can't win, its just a popularity thing.

I think the Voice has a couple good singers. But no one that sends me to wow. Now Duets will be starting. Summer show that I bet won't see a season two.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Skylar was kind of a shock. Hollie isn't as bad as some make her out to be, but I wonder what's keeping her in the competition... other than getting beat up every week so it could be a sympathy vote... Skylar's got a career - country music blew up online at her departure, she's got a record deal already I'm sure.

of those left I'm hoping for Joshua to win... Phil is the only one who annoys me, Jessica is just dull but her voice is very good.

I don't get all the disgust towards youth. These young ladies and men have amazing talent and seem so much more poised than a lot of the more adult Idol finalists we've seen over the years.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Disgust at youth? Umm er, 28 is very young-Elise, and she was older by quite a bit. If only teeny boppers win because of who votes then they should cut the age at 21. That is why they started the Voice to allow older people with talent who were not little 16 year olds. There is so much talent out there-why not market Idol to a different group and allow the age to be 35 and pick really talented people? There is no disgust at youth from me but American Idol's blatant agism and sexism leads to winners who mostly do not succeed.

I suppose it doesn't matter because people like Bruno Mars, Alicia Keys, Adele, Amy Winehouse will ususally get noticed. There are so many talented people that Idol ignores because they are not teens.

If one must be a teen to get the teen vote, then why allow a token 28 year old into the top 12?

I am a bit disgusted at Idol after all these years-I only watch when it gets to the finals. Too annoying to see good talents get tossed because they don't weigh the correct poundage/look a certain marketable way.

Susan Boyle proved people will buy a whole Album if the singer is good-great backstory I know, but she is a special person with a gift. So rare a 48 year old can succeed in music. More disgust with who gets radio time. I feel bad for people too young to have experienced music in the 60's and 70's when talent was far more important than what you looked like. Then came the 80's and Madonna, and rap and ugh. Sorry, my hmo.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Down to 3....Whatever happens, I hope that Joshua is one of the finalist. All 3 are amazing and I am OK with anyone of them who wins. I do think though that Josh is the best. My rankings: Josh, Jessica, and Phillip. Jessica has an amazing voice...however, I do think she is still young and can she handle the pressure?? Phillip I think is super but he seems to not take the competition as serious as the other two. Just my opinions, what's yours???

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I predict Lee DeWyze, I mean Philip for the win. Silly show. 42