American Idol - - Anyone Watching????? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

American Idol - - Anyone Watching?????

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I don't see anyone of these three being sucessful beyond maybe a first album. Jessica may have crossover cultural appeal but I think the white boy wins. He is just annoying at this point. I could not listen to a hour of him -maybe 10 minutes. I think Ledet is very much one genre. I think if Adam Lambert coudn't win this show, it's a bad show. Now 'Duets" is the summer show and the dance show will be on. They actually have really good young dance talent. I am getting less interested in the singing shows/elimination/gimmicks etc. With real talent out there, I don't knpow why so many acts/singers are clunkers/

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Totally shocked at the finalists!!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Hi Dee-I did only see clips, not the last show...I think all 3 have talent but nothing special/original. two sing well, one has some songwriting talent and plays some guitar, phip phips wins i guess, tho i prefer a girl-long drought since aparks. Donna Summer-she was a great singer! RIP

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think Jessica will win this thing. But honestly I don't really care about the final outcome of these things anymore. Not because I think it's stupid or that they aren't talented - I think that gives these folks a great disservice and makes one sound bitter lol - but because really, the music industry is becoming so over saturated that EVERYONE is a flash in the pan. I think to sit there and bellyache about how all of the winners aren't doing well - because one personally does not hear them on the radio or buy their albums - is also way off the mark. Yes there are some that fizzled. However the griping about last season's final two is completely WRONG, both are successful in the Country industry - which is a HUGE market, whether you acknowledge it or not. Carrie Underwood is, I believe, the highest paid Idol winner.

Just because I find Jennifer Hudson completely overrated, does not mean I can deny that she is a powerhouse - musically sure, but she has an Oscar (I'm not convinced she should have it, I thought Dreamgirls was sooooo blah, but she has one). She shouldn't have been booted as early as she was in Season 3, but Season 3 wasn't really one to write home about. Still a lot of great talent is found on this show. Teeny boppers and "decrepid" 20 plussers...

Just because it's reality tv I don't think the viewers need to be over dramatic about the "travesty" of the voting lol

skateluvr

Record Breaker
AI started out well, but ultimately became about telling us who is talented, and pick one of 12. Elimination process is bitter and awful before the 3 musketeers show up. I think no one would miss Idol if cancelled. I enjoy the judges tho, tyler is sweet really.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I very much enjoyed Idol this year. I thought the talent was amazing!! This is the first year I didn't vote towards the end....I really thought Josh would be one of the finalists. Another voted off too early for me was Skylar. Anyhow, I'm ok with either Phillip or Jessica winning. I do think technically Jessica has the better voice but I think Phillip has a great style.

Did anyone see where the news that Phillip has kidney problems??

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I enjoyed the finale. Steven Tyler can still rock it out!!! The duet between Jennifer Holiday and Jessica was beyond excellent!!

Guess who won.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Exactly who we knew...a male...from day one. Jessica was better, deserved it more. Meh.