Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: American Idol - - Anyone Watching?????

And Skylar went home last week. Anyone still watching? I find Hollie's voice screechy and annoying and Jessica is boring. The men have it. I'd be happy for Josh or Phil but Elise was the best. There is no market for female rockers, but she was versatile. I don't think Idol knows what to do with this market. If people pay to see Gaga, Minaj or Katy Perry, then what are they trying to do with Idol? People buy singles I read and not albums. It seems only country sells and the public sent home the little Reba clone. Not a good as Reba by a mile, I know, nor as pretty. Once again, its gonna be a teen of the moment or someone they can't market. Ledet is Motown. Phil is Phil-some songs are good. I hope he can write well, get his stuff out there if he wins. Hollie annoys me so much. I did not watch the early people, but if someone in their 20's can't win, its just a popularity thing.

I think the Voice has a couple good singers. But no one that sends me to wow. Now Duets will be starting. Summer show that I bet won't see a season two.
    Last edited by skateluvr; 05-07-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Skylar was kind of a shock. Hollie isn't as bad as some make her out to be, but I wonder what's keeping her in the competition... other than getting beat up every week so it could be a sympathy vote... Skylar's got a career - country music blew up online at her departure, she's got a record deal already I'm sure.

of those left I'm hoping for Joshua to win... Phil is the only one who annoys me, Jessica is just dull but her voice is very good.

I don't get all the disgust towards youth. These young ladies and men have amazing talent and seem so much more poised than a lot of the more adult Idol finalists we've seen over the years.

Disgust at youth? Umm er, 28 is very young-Elise, and she was older by quite a bit. If only teeny boppers win because of who votes then they should cut the age at 21. That is why they started the Voice to allow older people with talent who were not little 16 year olds. There is so much talent out there-why not market Idol to a different group and allow the age to be 35 and pick really talented people? There is no disgust at youth from me but American Idol's blatant agism and sexism leads to winners who mostly do not succeed.

I suppose it doesn't matter because people like Bruno Mars, Alicia Keys, Adele, Amy Winehouse will ususally get noticed. There are so many talented people that Idol ignores because they are not teens.

If one must be a teen to get the teen vote, then why allow a token 28 year old into the top 12?

I am a bit disgusted at Idol after all these years-I only watch when it gets to the finals. Too annoying to see good talents get tossed because they don't weigh the correct poundage/look a certain marketable way.

Susan Boyle proved people will buy a whole Album if the singer is good-great backstory I know, but she is a special person with a gift. So rare a 48 year old can succeed in music. More disgust with who gets radio time. I feel bad for people too young to have experienced music in the 60's and 70's when talent was far more important than what you looked like. Then came the 80's and Madonna, and rap and ugh. Sorry, my hmo.
    Last edited by skateluvr; 05-07-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Down to 3....Whatever happens, I hope that Joshua is one of the finalist. All 3 are amazing and I am OK with anyone of them who wins. I do think though that Josh is the best. My rankings: Josh, Jessica, and Phillip. Jessica has an amazing voice...however, I do think she is still young and can she handle the pressure?? Phillip I think is super but he seems to not take the competition as serious as the other two. Just my opinions, what's yours???

I predict Lee DeWyze, I mean Philip for the win. Silly show. 42

I don't see anyone of these three being sucessful beyond maybe a first album. Jessica may have crossover cultural appeal but I think the white boy wins. He is just annoying at this point. I could not listen to a hour of him -maybe 10 minutes. I think Ledet is very much one genre. I think if Adam Lambert coudn't win this show, it's a bad show. Now 'Duets" is the summer show and the dance show will be on. They actually have really good young dance talent. I am getting less interested in the singing shows/elimination/gimmicks etc. With real talent out there, I don't knpow why so many acts/singers are clunkers/

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    With real talent out there, I don't knpow why so many acts/singers are clunkers/
    Do you think any of the final 3 have talent???

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    I think Ledet is very much one genre.
    Did you watch last night's show???

Totally shocked at the finalists!!

Hi Dee-I did only see clips, not the last show...I think all 3 have talent but nothing special/original. two sing well, one has some songwriting talent and plays some guitar, phip phips wins i guess, tho i prefer a girl-long drought since aparks. Donna Summer-she was a great singer! RIP

I think Jessica will win this thing. But honestly I don't really care about the final outcome of these things anymore. Not because I think it's stupid or that they aren't talented - I think that gives these folks a great disservice and makes one sound bitter lol - but because really, the music industry is becoming so over saturated that EVERYONE is a flash in the pan. I think to sit there and bellyache about how all of the winners aren't doing well - because one personally does not hear them on the radio or buy their albums - is also way off the mark. Yes there are some that fizzled. However the griping about last season's final two is completely WRONG, both are successful in the Country industry - which is a HUGE market, whether you acknowledge it or not. Carrie Underwood is, I believe, the highest paid Idol winner.

Just because I find Jennifer Hudson completely overrated, does not mean I can deny that she is a powerhouse - musically sure, but she has an Oscar (I'm not convinced she should have it, I thought Dreamgirls was sooooo blah, but she has one). She shouldn't have been booted as early as she was in Season 3, but Season 3 wasn't really one to write home about. Still a lot of great talent is found on this show. Teeny boppers and "decrepid" 20 plussers...

Just because it's reality tv I don't think the viewers need to be over dramatic about the "travesty" of the voting lol

AI started out well, but ultimately became about telling us who is talented, and pick one of 12. Elimination process is bitter and awful before the 3 musketeers show up. I think no one would miss Idol if cancelled. I enjoy the judges tho, tyler is sweet really.

I very much enjoyed Idol this year. I thought the talent was amazing!! This is the first year I didn't vote towards the end....I really thought Josh would be one of the finalists. Another voted off too early for me was Skylar. Anyhow, I'm ok with either Phillip or Jessica winning. I do think technically Jessica has the better voice but I think Phillip has a great style.

Did anyone see where the news that Phillip has kidney problems??

I enjoyed the finale. Steven Tyler can still rock it out!!! The duet between Jennifer Holiday and Jessica was beyond excellent!!

Guess who won.

Exactly who we knew...a male...from day one. Jessica was better, deserved it more. Meh.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6